Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Nov 2020, 20:56 (Ref:4017937)   #451
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
And as a reply to 3marinadrive, here is my top ten from 2020:

1 Ash Sutton
2 Colin Turkington
3 Tom Ingram
4 Dan Cammish
5 Rory Butcher
6 Josh Cook
7 Jake Hill
8 Adam Morgan
9 Tom Oliphant
10 Tom Chilton
Old 20 Nov 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4018060)   #452
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news...talk-/4913606/
Old 20 Nov 2020, 18:05 (Ref:4018063)   #453
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If he did make that move, that would be the third different RWD car he’s driven in as many seasons
Old 20 Nov 2020, 18:10 (Ref:4018066)   #454
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If he did make that move, that would be the third different RWD car he’s driven in as many seasons
True.

Although it's interesting the same observation never seems to be made of FWD drivers.

Not criticising you pointing it out, just commenting on how RWD still seems an anomaly.
Old 20 Nov 2020, 18:51 (Ref:4018070)   #455
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
let's be serious , if BMW decides to open up the wallet Ash will be at WSR
Old 20 Nov 2020, 19:41 (Ref:4018077)   #456
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Special report - Everyone involved denies there is any truth in the rumour we just made up.

Top journalism
Old 20 Nov 2020, 21:02 (Ref:4018086)   #457
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yup. This is exactly the sort of garbage I used to get paid to write (though auto industry not motor racing).

If Elvis were discovered living in a tree house in Outer Mongolia, and Prince Philip was a pan galactic interdimensional being and beef burgers were made of tulips then Nigel Mansell, Dave Lee Travis and Vlad Putin will be the three new pilots at Motorbase.

It's about as likely as story in link...
Old 20 Nov 2020, 21:26 (Ref:4018089)   #458
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH0bb_GA...=1qcthv5qw691b

Subaru testing at Donington?

Wonder if it's just a track toy https://www.instagram.com/p/CGfpaS9g...d=ac6i8gms328q
Old 20 Nov 2020, 21:43 (Ref:4018091)   #459
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Yes, it's the ex Senna Proctor car that was for sale a while back. New owner has a number of R500s, BMW E30s, Supertourers, etc
Old 21 Nov 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4018127)   #460
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Looks line a headline grabbing non-story about Sutton. What I found more interesting was the 7 possible candidates for WSR & Jelley pretty much adding fuel to the fire about him going back to WSR and ‘helping’ TPR find another driver.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 09:37 (Ref:4018129)   #461
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Max Hart has been offered a Team HARD drive if he can find the backing. I imagine that’s very much an ‘IF’

Wonder if they’ll add another Cupra if Boardley moves his BMW to TPR?
Old 21 Nov 2020, 10:11 (Ref:4018134)   #462
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutton could finely make his move to Aussie V8's?
I don't think in the current situation that WSR would get anymore BMW backing to kepp Colin and have Ash onboard.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 11:20 (Ref:4018138)   #463
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems Jelley is keen on a return to WSR, as he feels he isn't getting any younger and has felt he's done as much as he can at Parker. And Boardley could take his place at Parker
Old 21 Nov 2020, 11:52 (Ref:4018146)   #464
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In all honesty - the article reads in a similar vein to the thread(s) here sometimes.

Throw enough rumours out in the hope that one of them comes true. Then claim to have had the inside knowledge all along and that you were first to bring the 'exclusive'.

If enough monkeys in a room can write the works of Shakespeare, enough speculation will inevitably have some of the truth about the future amongst it.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4018150)   #465
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I see Max Hart has been offered a Team HARD drive if he can find the backing. I imagine that’s very much an ‘IF’

Wonder if they’ll add another Cupra if Boardley moves his BMW to TPR?
Team HARD would offer a drive to Stevie Wonder IF he could find the backing. TG isn't interested in progressing young but poorly funded talented drivers, only people who can help keep the team afloat.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 13:04 (Ref:4018156)   #466
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Classic click bait bottom feeder “journalism”. What a joke. Word is there is some doubt that BMW will continue their € support and Turkington may not stay on the books let alone hiring Sutton. Surely Jordan would be first choice? Also where are the paying vacancies in V8SC? What a load of B0llx
Old 21 Nov 2020, 13:18 (Ref:4018157)   #467
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Surely Jordan would be first choice?
Not so sure they're on good terms anymore 😂
Old 21 Nov 2020, 13:22 (Ref:4018158)   #468
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Lol if you’re going to fund a free drive you’d hire someone a lot better than Jordan.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 14:03 (Ref:4018161)   #469
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Lol if you’re going to fund a free drive you’d hire someone a lot better than Jordan.
I guess I meant I doubt BMW have one fully funded drive let alone two. At least Jordan had some cash - although apparently not enough....
Old 21 Nov 2020, 19:59 (Ref:4018210)   #470
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Some thoughts, all me trying to add 2 + 2 together:

Jelley feels he is better than what TPR can put underneath him. I agree with this sentiment, he is getting on a little and probably no longer as sharp as he was when last at WSR but still good enough to be a regular runner towards the sharp end.

TPR haven't really got the knack of BTCC; very successful in other forms, but perhaps not enough cash or indeed touring car know how. TPR only ended up in BTCC when Motorbase became unable to run Alex Martins ride - the sponsor drop out that left Big Dave and the gang on the sidelines for half a season. TPR never had a plan to enter, but clearly a big please from Dave and Alex and some folding made it a thing. When Alex decided it wasn't for him Steven Jelleys TPR connections and desire to try BTCC again got him in. He never got on with the Focus, which is where his WSR connection and relationship with Dick got him the 1 series.

So, if Steven is going to run at WSR, which seems pretty certain I hear then I see that car and TBL being sold on and TPR exiting stage left.

Now unless I'm confused again, Carl Boardley is only renting his 1 series from the Turkingtons. So maybe the car may be of interest to him if the Turkingtons want theirs back. I am pretty sure that Carls plan is to continue being run by #HARD next year using a #HARD TBL.

As for Andy Jordan, he's about as likely to be back at WSR as I am to be the lead vocal in a reformed Spice Girls...
Old 21 Nov 2020, 20:29 (Ref:4018211)   #471
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Some thoughts, all me trying to add 2 + 2 together:

Jelley feels he is better than what TPR can put underneath him. I agree with this sentiment, he is getting on a little and probably no longer as sharp as he was when last at WSR but still good enough to be a regular runner towards the sharp end.

TPR haven't really got the knack of BTCC; very successful in other forms, but perhaps not enough cash or indeed touring car know how. TPR only ended up in BTCC when Motorbase became unable to run Alex Martins ride - the sponsor drop out that left Big Dave and the gang on the sidelines for half a season. TPR never had a plan to enter, but clearly a big please from Dave and Alex and some folding made it a thing. When Alex decided it wasn't for him Steven Jelleys TPR connections and desire to try BTCC again got him in. He never got on with the Focus, which is where his WSR connection and relationship with Dick got him the 1 series.

So, if Steven is going to run at WSR, which seems pretty certain I hear then I see that car and TBL being sold on and TPR exiting stage left.

Now unless I'm confused again, Carl Boardley is only renting his 1 series from the Turkingtons. So maybe the car may be of interest to him if the Turkingtons want theirs back. I am pretty sure that Carls plan is to continue being run by #HARD next year using a #HARD TBL.

As for Andy Jordan, he's about as likely to be back at WSR as I am to be the lead vocal in a reformed Spice Girls...
Not sure where Boardly renting the 1 series story came from. The press release at the time said he'd purchased the car along with setup data direct from WSR.
Old 21 Nov 2020, 23:33 (Ref:4018220)   #472
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boardley has always owned his BMW the same way Jelley owns his.
Old 22 Nov 2020, 10:36 (Ref:4018244)   #473
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Broadly is serious about competing, and wants to improve, as well has having a better, and more safely prepared car, he should do whatever he can to raise the additional funds to have the car run by a professional outfit. Team Parker have experience of the one series, and are successful in many series, so would be the logical choice.
Although anywhere away from Team Hard would be a massive improvement.
Old 22 Nov 2020, 11:03 (Ref:4018246)   #474
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
and more safely prepared car,
That's a pretty bold accusation to make - are you implying that Boardley's car is not safe when it goes onto the track?
Old 22 Nov 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4018261)   #475
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A car that is professionally prepared, with a proper system for recording & inspecting, the use of parts and replacing life expired parts at the correct intervals is inherently safer.

Most people understand that!