Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Dec 2020, 16:12 (Ref:4023457)   #1
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

So Tennis open in Australia put back already. Must put Opening GP in Aus in doubt .....Australian Government insisting on 2 weeks quarantine- easy for a tennis player not so easy for an F1 Team....
Old 17 Dec 2020, 19:23 (Ref:4023474)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So Tennis open in Australia put back already. Must put Opening GP in Aus in doubt .....Australian Government insisting on 2 weeks quarantine- easy for a tennis player not so easy for an F1 Team....
Easy may be the wrong word. Easier maybe.... but living restricted to the confines of your hotel room for 2 weeks is not an easy challenge to anyone.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 09:07 (Ref:4023568)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!chunterer is going for a new lap record!
I've said it before. Melbourne won't happen.

I'm waiting for a Sepang (or Kyalami!) announcement for a replacement
Old 18 Dec 2020, 09:24 (Ref:4023572)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Just have it as the last race like the old days. It worked before and it would work again
Old 18 Dec 2020, 10:47 (Ref:4023589)   #5
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I've said it before. Melbourne won't happen.

I'm waiting for a Sepang (or Kyalami!) announcement for a replacement
No way on earth South Africa could afford F1.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:02 (Ref:4023660)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sepang would be great, always had very good races
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:06 (Ref:4023662)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No doubt we now know FOM can handle the logistics of a Covid season but surely it is still too early to return to a pre covid type schedule.

Wait untill the teams are eligible for their vaccine shots before scheduling the farthest of the fly aways.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:15 (Ref:4023674)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
Sepang would be great, always had very good races

It was great while it lasted, but unfortunately the locals weren’t interested enough and the lack of atmosphere let it down a bit
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:32 (Ref:4023688)   #9
BTCC frog
Racer

BTCC frog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to have Sepang back. The race there in 2012 was one of my favourite Grands Prix of all time.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:34 (Ref:4023690)   #10
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't forget they're also looking for somewhere to replace Vietnam (listed as TBA or TBD in the 2021 calendar).
Old 18 Dec 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4023699)   #11
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Just have it as the last race like the old days. It worked before and it would work again
Not a chance Abu Dhabi pay too much for privilege.....
Old 18 Dec 2020, 16:31 (Ref:4023710)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
No way on earth South Africa could afford F1.
I'm not entirely certain Portugal or Imola could afford it this year, but they got a race.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 16:56 (Ref:4023718)   #13
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Pandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPandamasque should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm not entirely certain Portugal or Imola could afford it this year, but they got a race.
That's because F1 needed to have 17 (if I'm not mistaken) races to fulfil its contractual obligations with broadcasters and tracks in Europe offered a safe option. Next year's different, unless major lockdown happens again.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 17:01 (Ref:4023722)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
That's because F1 needed to have 17 (if I'm not mistaken) races to fulfil its contractual obligations with broadcasters and tracks in Europe offered a safe option. Next year's different, unless major lockdown happens again.
Yes indeed, but I took the proposal to run in SA to be on the basis that another year of covid would necessitate "emergency" measures. If all is normal of course I'd expect the business model to revert and places like SA etc. won't get a look in.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 18 Dec 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4023730)   #15
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It was great while it lasted, but unfortunately the locals weren’t interested enough and the lack of atmosphere let it down a bit
It's not like there's much atmosphere in Sochi, Bahrain or Abu Dhabi