Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Dec 2020, 09:11 (Ref:4023851)   #26
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
He was at Racing Point, well, at least he brought some sponsorship. I haven't heard anything about that being or not being part of the deal with RB.
Horner did drop a comment the other day that although they would not be replacing the Aston Martin title sponsorship they did have a couple of new sponsors that would become known in due course. That was before the confirmation of Perez so I guess we will see some of the Perez associated logos like Telmex / Telcel, Mexican (Slim owned) Telecom companies in due course.Just a hunch
Old 19 Dec 2020, 09:53 (Ref:4023857)   #27
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
Marks out of ten for the Red Bull young driver programme?I'd give it five,maybe six and will review it after Tsunoda has a few Grand Prix behind him.
Can you name a junior program that brought more drivers to F1?
Old 19 Dec 2020, 10:34 (Ref:4023864)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not sure number of drivers into F1 is a great metric, but it's certainly the metric that Red Bull would choose to use. They cycle through drivers at record pace. It's easy to have the most drivers when you drop them as often as Red Bull do.

I'd like to think that championships won is a better metric. That is why it exists after-all. It has brought 1 champion and 4 championships. The McLaren young driver program also brought 1 champion, but it brought more championships outside of McLaren

Worth noting that Albon was part of both the Red Bull and McLaren junior programs at the same time.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 10:57 (Ref:4023870)   #29
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm not sure number of drivers into F1 is a great metric, but it's certainly the metric that Red Bull would choose to use. They cycle through drivers at record pace. It's easy to have the most drivers when you drop them as often as Red Bull do.

I'd like to think that championships won is a better metric. That is why it exists after-all. It has brought 1 champion and 4 championships. The McLaren young driver program also brought 1 champion, but it brought more championships outside of McLaren

Worth noting that Albon was part of both the Red Bull and McLaren junior programs at the same time.
Good post, our thoughts are aligned on this!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 11:08 (Ref:4023875)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Is Perez paying?

I would have gone Rogro (most talented)...
You are kidding right?
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4023888)   #31
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
And now they re all in Formula E !

I'm joking of course - but clearly something has gone wrong recently. The haphazard promotion / relegation / firing / rehiring / re-firing of Albon, Gasly and Kyvatt.

Pehaps they should have stuck with Sainz? Or perhaps Sainz needed to leave to realise his potential?
Old 19 Dec 2020, 12:54 (Ref:4023893)   #32
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I quite liked Hartley. They brought him back just so they could sack him again. That's efficiency.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 13:31 (Ref:4023902)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hartley didn’t do much wrong, certainly seemed very reliable, but he seemed a bit of a stopgap, as there was no other options available. And yet they bought back Kvyat to replace him...
Old 19 Dec 2020, 15:19 (Ref:4023917)   #34
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can’t claim this as my own, but I read the following commentary on the driver moves.

Ex-Red Bull driver replaces ex-Red Bull driver at Ferrari, who is also replaced by an ex-Red Bull driver, while the original ex-Red Bull driver replaces a non-Red Bull driver who becomes a Red Bull driver.

@callum_F1
Old 19 Dec 2020, 15:40 (Ref:4023918)   #35
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
sounds like the hokey pokey to be honest
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:25 (Ref:4023920)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sounds like a load of bull......
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:26 (Ref:4023921)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Horner did drop a comment the other day that although they would not be replacing the Aston Martin title sponsorship...
coincidence that Perez went to the other AM sponsored team?

always a lot going on behind the scenes so who knows but still a nice symmetry here.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:29 (Ref:4023923)   #38
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
coincidence that Perez went to the other AM sponsored team?

always a lot going on behind the scenes so who knows but still a nice symmetry here.
There won't be any AM branding at Red Bull at all. They move that from Red Bull to Racing Point.

So yes, pure coincidence for that part, I guess.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:32 (Ref:4023925)   #39
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!

Last edited by Pandamasque; 19 Dec 2020 at 16:33. Reason: please delete
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4023926)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
There won't be any AM branding at Red Bull at all. They move that from Red Bull to Racing Point.

So yes, pure coincidence for that part, I guess.
yeah im re reading E.B.'s post and now checking the news...i misread his post as saying AM are staying with RB. my bad.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 16:45 (Ref:4023927)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sounds like a load of bull......

A load of Red Bull.

Quite an interesting piece from Motorsport.com on Albon's departure.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/r...paign=widget-6
Old 19 Dec 2020, 17:52 (Ref:4023939)   #42
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post

While not a team affiliated effort,I would guess that the Elf program in France did at least as well and the support from Honda and Toyota has opened doors for several people.
Old 19 Dec 2020, 19:46 (Ref:4023949)   #43
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Depends how he's treated by RB, whether they take on board any of his input (he does have masses of experience after all)
That's not the role of a number 2 driver; the number 2 driver's job is to drive the car with the same or similar setup to the number 1 driver (Verstappen). One suspects that is why Gasly was not considered, as previously Gasly demanded too many radical setup changes which departed greatly from Verstappen's setup.

No team has the resources to explore two radically different avenues of development, not even Mercedes or Red Bull!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 19:49 (Ref:4023950)   #44
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I would have gone Rogro (most talented)

If Grosjean and Magnussen are very talented Formula One aces, surely they would be in demand elsewhere in Formula One!?
Old 19 Dec 2020, 20:23 (Ref:4023955)   #45
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hartley didn’t do much wrong, certainly seemed very reliable, but he seemed a bit of a stopgap, as there was no other options available. And yet they bought back Kvyat to replace him...
I thought Hartley deserved a second year to get comfortable and prove himself way more than kvyat deserved another chance. Kvyat brings russia money, doesn't he?

I pulled for Hartley because I liked seeing someone go from sportscars to f1, rather than the other way. I know he was in f1 and the f1 development ladder first, but I like the idea of f1 finding talent from sportscars and indycar along with the more insular f1 ladder series. Also, because there's a lot of talent in those series! Release the pipo!
Old 19 Dec 2020, 21:13 (Ref:4023961)   #46
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Gotta be honest, I wasn't a Hartley fan and even I thought he was shafted in the STR situation. How could anyone be expected to be any good in that situation? He did as well as could be expected.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 00:46 (Ref:4024017)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I think Bourdais is the prime example of non RB ladder driver.

He came in did a very good job against Vettel in STR (could have won in Fuji!) Yet still got effed over at the end of the year.

Alguersuari and JEV both showed they were as worthy as Albon or Gasly of an RB drive yet got sacked from STR.

There has been a lot less RB backed drivers to ruin in recent years.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 02:21 (Ref:4024037)   #48
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

If Grosjean and Magnussen are very talented Formula One aces, surely they would be in demand elsewhere in Formula One!?
What does talent count in F1?

How many of the seats in F1 are based on pure talent, possibly 3 in 2020 maybe 5 in 2021?
Old 20 Dec 2020, 02:42 (Ref:4024040)   #49
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I think Bourdais is the prime example of non RB ladder driver.

He came in did a very good job against Vettel in STR (could have won in Fuji!) Yet still got effed over at the end of the year.

Alguersuari and JEV both showed they were as worthy as Albon or Gasly of an RB drive yet got sacked from STR.

There has been a lot less RB backed drivers to ruin in recent years.
I didnt follow f1 much in the time that bourdais went over there. I was under the impression he struggled quite a bit.
Old 20 Dec 2020, 02:43 (Ref:4024041)   #50
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
What does talent count in F1?

How many of the seats in F1 are based on pure talent, possibly 3 in 2020 maybe 5 in 2021?
Careful, when I say such things, it's a joke/trope.....