Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Dec 2020, 17:47 (Ref:4022673)   #1
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
F1 2020 driver rankings

Driver rankings from the 2020 F1 season.
Old 13 Dec 2020, 17:49 (Ref:4022674)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Here are my rankings:

1 Lewis Hamilton
2 Max Verstappen
3 Sergio Perez
4 Daniel Ricciardo
5 Pierre Gasly
6 Charles Leclerc
7 Carlos Sainz
8 Lando Norris
9 George Russell
10 Valtteri Bottas
11 Kimi Raikkonen
12 Daniil Kvyat
13 Esteban Ocon
14 Antonio Giovinazzi
15 Kevin Magnussen
16 Romain Grosjean
17 Lance Stroll
18 Alexander Albon
19 Nicholas Latifi
20 Sebastian Vettel
Old 13 Dec 2020, 19:41 (Ref:4022699)   #3
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
1 Lewis Hamilton
2 Max Verstappen
3 Sergio Perez
4 Charles LeClerc
5 Carlos Sainz
6 Pierre Gasly
7 Lando Norris
8 Daniel Ricciardo
9 Valteri Bottas
10 George Russell

Just a top 10 from me.

Terrible season for Albon & Vettel, who would be at the bottom with Latifi.
Old 23 Dec 2020, 20:00 (Ref:4024848)   #4
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I expect my list will differ a bit from most

1 Daniel Ricciardo - for taking the car and the team to a new level, and dominating his team mate
2 George Russel - for totally dominating Mercedes for his one weekend
3 Carlos Saintz - for taking the car and the team to a new level, and being a team player
4 Lewis Hamilton - for taking the best car to another championship
5 Max Verstappen - for taking the third car home and scoring points
6 Charles Leclerc - for transcending a dog of a car
7 Lando Norris - for taking the car and the team to a new level, and being a team player
8 Sergio Perez - for taking regular points in the second fastest car in a bad team
9 Pierre Gasly - for finding his head again
10 Valtteri Bottas - for the mental fortitude of staying there after being solidly beaten over and over again
Old 24 Dec 2020, 00:30 (Ref:4024910)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is as good as any.
https://twitter.com/espnf1/status/13...835847168?s=21
Old 24 Dec 2020, 01:41 (Ref:4024912)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If Ric features highly then Ocon should be higher as well?

Moreso as the season progressed/as the Renault got better, i felt like Ocon was right there with Ric. Selective memory on my part perhaps.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 02:19 (Ref:4024915)   #7
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
If Ric features highly then Ocon should be higher as well?

Moreso as the season progressed/as the Renault got better, i felt like Ocon was right there with Ric. Selective memory on my part perhaps.
Ricciardo outqualified Ocon 15 - 2

Ricciardo 119 pnts 6th in championship.
Ocon 62 points 12th in championship.
Old 24 Dec 2020, 03:04 (Ref:4024918)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
There are some interesting and nicely laid out 2020 team mate comparisons here:

https://www.lightsoutblog.com/2020-f...-mate-battles/
Old 24 Dec 2020, 10:21 (Ref:4024989)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Let me grade them

A: Hamilton, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Russell, Leclerc
B: Bottas, Perez, Hulkenberg, Gasly, Norris, Sainz
C: Stroll, Raikkonen, Ocon, Albon, Kvyat, Giovinazzi, Vettel
D: Grosjean, Magnussen, Latifi

I am sure though some would get pluses and minuses, however I would need more time to think that through or to do a top ten. Although I did have Vettel briefly graded D, then remembered he did at least get a podium, so he probably would be a C minus come to that. Anyway I feel I've put the drivers in the right groups, so hopefully I've got you lot some more food for thought
Old 26 Dec 2020, 03:25 (Ref:4025236)   #10
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi
Bottas
Stroll
Latifi
Hamilton
Verstappen
Ricciardo
Perez
Leclerc
Sainz

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 26 Dec 2020, 08:14 (Ref:4025241)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi
Bottas
Stroll
Latifi
Hamilton
Verstappen
Ricciardo
Perez
Leclerc
Sainz

Your Canada bias is a bit much.

Stroll had some good days but neither he nor Latifi would have got remotely anywhere close to F1 without the family billions making it happen.

Latifi is the least naturally able driver in full-time F1 for many a year.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 09:51 (Ref:4025248)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Having given it more thought here's how I would grade them using pluses and minuses

A+: Hamilton, Verstappen
A: Ricciardo
A-: Leclerc, Russell

B+: Bottas, Perez
B: Gasly, Hulkenberg, Norris, Sainz

C+: Stroll, Ocon, Kvyat, Raikkonen
C: Albon, Giovinazzi
C-: Vettel

D: Grosjean, Magnussen, Latifi
Old 26 Dec 2020, 14:51 (Ref:4025274)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Kimi
Bottas
Stroll
Latifi
Hamilton
Verstappen
Ricciardo
Perez
Leclerc
Sainz

That's an April 1st list, not a Christmas list Pete!
Old 26 Dec 2020, 14:54 (Ref:4025275)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
To start with I thought it a 20 to 1 in reverse order!
Old 26 Dec 2020, 19:21 (Ref:4025305)   #15
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My list has nothing to do with April Fool's, Christmas wish lists...simply driving ability without taking the car into account.

I am not like many Brits who put Hamilton on top of the list because he is British.

Nationality should have nothing to do with it.

Old 26 Dec 2020, 20:38 (Ref:4025317)   #16
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
My list has nothing to do with April Fool's, Christmas wish lists...simply driving ability without taking the car into account.

I am not like many Brits who put Hamilton on top of the list because he is British.

Lol, if nationality is irrelevant and ability is relevant then I can’t see how anybody could list Latifi or Stroll in top ten. But it’s a free world.
Old 26 Dec 2020, 20:42 (Ref:4025318)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Come on Pete, that is a list no-one else could come up with..... I think you've had a glass or two too many of the mulled wine....
Old 26 Dec 2020, 22:49 (Ref:4025331)   #18
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
There is a little influence of alcohol, but nowhere near to impair judgement. Don't be a detractor because I am a Finn who was born here in Canada. It's like politicizing your favourite drivers.

Imagine what could have happened if Latifi was put into Hamilton's car instead of Russell?

Old 26 Dec 2020, 22:51 (Ref:4025332)   #19
peebee2
Veteran

Yes, he’d have been proper shown up. A lot slower than the Finn in the other car.

You can teach someone to drive a car but you can’t teach them racing instinct. If they haven’t got ‘it’ they just haven’t got ‘it.’
Old 26 Dec 2020, 23:18 (Ref:4025338)   #20
S griffin
Veteran

While I don’t think Latifi is not a bad driver, let’s face it he’s done nothing of note this year. Idk how anyone could put him in the top ten this season, especially above Russell!
Old 27 Dec 2020, 01:45 (Ref:4025352)   #21
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think even Hamilton’s detractors would be hard pushed not to put him first or second in their list. Note I said ‘detractors’ not ‘haters’
No problem, in no particular order

Verstappen, Leclerc, Ricciardo

and I really really like the look of Russell but need to see more of him.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 12:41 (Ref:4025404)   #22
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
My top 5 in no particular order

Sorted alphabetically by last name:
Hamilton - Leclerc - Perez - Sainz - Verstappen

Sorted by car number:
Perez - Leclerc - Verstappen - Hamilton - Sainz

Sorted alphabetically by first name:
Sainz - Leclerc - Hamilton - Verstappen - Perez

These 5 impressed me most during the past year. Hard to say who deserves more praise than the other one. There's more variables at play than I even know.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 16:57 (Ref:4025424)   #23
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I mean.... it's so unfair that my joke line is now retired.....

Leclerc
Verstappen
Ricciardo
Gasly
Hamilton
Sainz
Perez
Russell
Norris
Ocon
Bottas

No one else matters.
Old 27 Dec 2020, 18:31 (Ref:4025432)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We could all get on with ranking the drivers.

Did someone put a driver higher than you wanted? Do they need to be told on the internet. Ah, bless.

/mod
Old 27 Dec 2020, 18:59 (Ref:4025435)   #25
peebee2
Veteran

As I’ve critiqued others I should put my own list up for consideration!

My top ten.

Sainz (didn’t rate him before but has done very, very well IMO.)
Perez
Gasly
Hamilton
Verstappen
Huelkenburg
Ricciardo
Leclerc
Norris
Russell

As always, realistically only comparing to a teammate makes things tricky - they could both be doing great, or both be doing rubbish.