Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Jan 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4028114)   #776
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
But please none of the "singing".
OK, if you ask, this is a play list, cherchez les intrus:
BRM V12, Matra V12, Mazda rotary turbocharged, Mireille Mathieu and Citroën 2CV.
Note to the Stupidos: Three possible answers…*

Sent from my TapaJoke instrument…
Old 11 Jan 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4028117)   #777
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Another Stupido who confuses the a sleek, good looking Grand Prix car with a huge ugly (OK effective) Vanwall.

Raymond Mays will be fuming in the afterlife.

It is a BRM for goodness sake, do you people know nothing of Formula 1?

Is there a despair emoji?

Er! Paul. here is a picture to identify.
Oh yes, THAT one is a BRM but I still think the one in the puzzle looks like as Vanwall.
Maybe it's just the race number that's thrown me?
Name:  Vanwall.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  7.5 KB
Old 11 Jan 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4028127)   #778
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An idiots guide to .....;
Attached Thumbnails
V5 Vanwall (2).JPG   Picture 155 (2).jpg  
Old 11 Jan 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4028128)   #779
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
An idiots guide to .....;
No idiots here, please, this is a Stupidos only area. Plus you!
@ Viva: are you sure Mireille Mathieu was driving at GW? Was she compliant?
At last you posted an acceptable picture…

Sent form my Tapatapata accordion…
Old 11 Jan 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4028129)   #780
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A history lesson for you youngsters, RB has no need of this one;

Who do you (or should you) associate with these cars?

Note for the pedantic; The images are a guide not a definitive record.
Attached Thumbnails
Rev 13 a (15).jpg   _MG_0129 (2).JPG   696.jpg  

Gerard (5).JPG   IMG_0820.JPG   Pre war 8.JPG  

Old 11 Jan 2021, 10:33 (Ref:4028130)   #781
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I tell you in MP, Tazio.
Do you remember what "accessory" he lost while driving a Cisitalia? EB? RB?

Using my Tagadatsointsoin instrument…
Old 11 Jan 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4028133)   #782
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Max, we're looking for a famous photographer and singer too. Song by Lucio Dalla… La bande dessinée de référence est Grand Prix… Think Magnette…

Using my Tagadabouboum drum.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 12:47 (Ref:4028146)   #783
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I tell you in MP, Tazio.
Do you remember what "accessory" he lost while driving a Cisitalia? EB? RB?

Using my Tagadatsointsoin instrument…
Several parts but you refer to a mudguard!

PS Must tell you the joke about the Wide Mouth Frog sometime.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4028150)   #784
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I dont remember the Cisitalia D46 having any mudguard. What he lost is the steering wheel! Try yourself, very different…*`

The WMF is an hotel located in Costa Rica, is it the answer? Or is it related to confiture?

Love you Bob. Really. OK, must confess have been a little bit pushy, but the virus situation is no fun atm here. Wont do it again… today!
Old 11 Jan 2021, 13:17 (Ref:4028154)   #785
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I dont remember the Cisitalia D46 having any mudguard. What he lost is the steering wheel! Try yourself, very different…*`

The WMF is an hotel located in Costa Rica, is it the answer? Or is it related to confiture?

Love you Bob. Really. OK, must confess have been a little bit pushy, but the virus situation is no fun atm here. Wont do it again… today!
That was all I could think of, when he drove with one spoke remaining on the column. I would hardly call a steering wheel an accessory, it is more of a necessity.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 13:54 (Ref:4028164)   #786
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

PS Must tell you the joke about the Wide Mouth Frog sometime.
Did you hear about the frog who wanted a bank loan for $30,000?

https://youtu.be/5Y3AXzZqg2k

Edit... whoops for some reason I thought this was the "Bells Banter" thread and after I posted realised it wasnt, but it wont let me delete it.

Last edited by E.B; 11 Jan 2021 at 13:57. Reason: Apology for faux pas.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 15:05 (Ref:4028174)   #787
bauble
Veteran

England
In 1946 he raced at the Grand Prix of Marseilles doing the fastest lap before his engine let him down. In another minor race he had the steering wheel come off his car yet managed to return to the pits holding the wheel in one hand and the steering column with the other.

His last Mille Miglia, in 1948, was a defining moment in his illustrious career. Driving as if possessed, his car taking a terrible beating, speeding along, the bonnet somehow became unfastened, and a gust of wind blew it over Nuvolari's head and down the mountainside. "That's better," shouted Tazio to his terrified mechanic, "The engine will cool more easily." Crossing the Futa ands Raticosa passes his seat had started to come adrift. Nuvolari could feel himself sliding which brought along a feeling of sea-sickness. Tossing the seat out he used a bag of lemons and oranges as a cushion. With his car literally falling apart under his super human effort the team advised him to quit the race at Bologna fore it was folly to continue under such circumstances and if anyone, Nuvolari had nothing to prove. Nuvolari answered with a derisive gesture, putting his foot down hard and shot away along the Via Emilia. At Modena Enzo Ferrari tried to beg has old friend to retire with dignity and could only weep as he realized that the remains of the car could not possibly hold out. Disaster disaster finally struck on the next leg and all three leading cars were out of the race including Nuvolari who damaged his rear suspension at Leghorn when his brakes failed.

In my opinion one of the three greatest drivers of all time, as the modern era forbids heroics, only results.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4028209)   #788
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
May be you could find a picture of the campionissimo, wearing his favorite yellow jersey and showing his golden turtle may be? Grazie!
Old 11 Jan 2021, 20:31 (Ref:4028233)   #789
bauble
Veteran

England
Not from my archives:
Attached Thumbnails
8a975163268b4aee3a1e2d8127a196e2.jpg   cisitalia-d46.png   Tazio-Nuvolari.jpg  

tazionuvolari1web.jpg  
Old 11 Jan 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4028236)   #790
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well obviously that was Tazio Nuvolari. The picture of the K3 gave it away. He won the 1933 ARDS TT in imperious style, probably the best-known driver to race an MG outside of Sir Stirling.

You can just hear the 1940s copper - "'Ello, 'ello, 'ello, and who do we think we are - Tazio Nuvolari?"

But that of course is the Earl Howe car from the Mille Miglia - looks like Andrew Frankel driving.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jan 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4028331)   #791
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci beaucoup pour les photos, mon Ami Robert. A real predator face, what a showman too. Panache is not enough…

When they are that size, do you still say louvres??
Old 12 Jan 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4028437)   #792
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Well obviously that was Tazio Nuvolari. The picture of the K3 gave it away. He won the 1933 ARDS TT in imperious style, probably the best-known driver to race an MG outside of Sir Stirling.

You can just hear the 1940s copper - "'Ello, 'ello, 'ello, and who do we think we are - Tazio Nuvolari?"

But that of course is the Earl Howe car from the Mille Miglia - looks like Andrew Frankel driving.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Apparently when askes about the inadequate brakes on the MG he replied, "No problem".
Old 12 Jan 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4028465)   #793
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Apparently when askes about the inadequate brakes on the MG he replied, "No problem".
I'm sure in comparison to what he normally raced he hardly had to brake at all. i wonder how much he cost in those days?
Old 13 Jan 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4028741)   #794
bauble
Veteran

England
réponse du PM seulement.

PM only.

Why, who, and what is missing, and why are two out of place.?
Attached Thumbnails
113.JPG   926.jpg   IMG_0481.JPG  

IMG_8195.jpg   V5 Vanwall.JPG   Revival 2007 2 098.JPG  

Old 13 Jan 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4028776)   #795
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
AND WHAT IS A PM PLEASE? A MP MEGUESS
Old 13 Jan 2021, 21:11 (Ref:4028809)   #796
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
AND WHAT IS A PM PLEASE? A MP MEGUESS
Massage Privé ?
Old 14 Jan 2021, 04:54 (Ref:4028879)   #797
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4029081)   #798
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Paul I know you're a great fan of wonderful pictures, I can't enough recommend the last Pirelli edition, you'll have a new opinion about the fact that a tyre can really give you a good kick!
Old 16 Jan 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4029426)   #799
bauble
Veteran

England
For Midgetman;
Please ID these cars for me before GerryMo asks what they are, and I will have to look stupid.
Attached Thumbnails
AMax.JPG   B Max.JPG   C max.JPG  

D Max.JPG   E Max.JPG   IMG_6367.JPG  

Old 16 Jan 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4029432)   #800
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
For Midgetman;
Please ID these cars for me before GerryMo asks what they are, and I will have to look stupid.
Surely there's a stray in amongst these Baub?