Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jan 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4028448)   #101
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Obviously the Spanish bloke has got someone else fired?

his replacement as team principle is Marcin Budkowski, who, over the years, has been with several teams and worked with the FIA. dont know much about him other then that.
Old 12 Jan 2021, 21:59 (Ref:4028523)   #102
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
No I don’t. The worst team boss since Sassetti. No clue.
Did Cyril run over your cat or something?
Old 12 Jan 2021, 22:46 (Ref:4028533)   #103
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least we’ve moved away from the simple name calling.

Perhaps we could understand why he’s the worst team boss? While he’s clearly not set the world on fire, as mentioned, the team was at least moving in the right direction.

I must admit I’m ambivalent about the man. The strongest feeling I’ve had is that he’s a silly man for making a bet involving a tattoo.

Last edited by Adam43; 12 Jan 2021 at 23:58. Reason: Ooops
Old 13 Jan 2021, 03:36 (Ref:4028564)   #104
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
At least we’ve moved away from the simple name calling.

Perhaps we could understand why he’s the worst team boss? While he’s clearly not set the world on fire, as mentioned, the team was at least moving in the right direction.

I must admit I’m ambivalent about the man. The strongest feeling I’ve had is that he’s a silly man for making a bet involving a tattoo.
I am not a fan on tattoo's - or Renault for that matter - but, it demonstrated his commitment to the Renault F1 team to even entertain the bet, let alone carry it through. Seems/seemed like an inspirational leader to me.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 05:49 (Ref:4028568)   #105
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
No I don’t. The worst team boss since Sassetti. No clue.
Please outline your reasoning or you fail the exam.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 05:58 (Ref:4028569)   #106
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cross out whatever does not suit your POV

He got fired because Alonso did not want him for a boss

He got fired because RB is up the creek without a paddle and has to use Renault PU's.

He got fired because he did not prevent Ricciardo leaving

He got fired because Ricciardo left and told Renault the only reason he did was because he refused to work under him and Renault wanted to keep him at that time.

He got fired because he was offered another position on a take it or leave it basis and the door is right there if you don't like it.

He did not get fired and left because he wanted to.
Old 13 Jan 2021, 06:14 (Ref:4028573)   #107
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't really matter does it? He is goneski!
Old 14 Jan 2021, 00:22 (Ref:4028849)   #108
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Doesn't really matter does it? He is goneski!
This man gets it.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4029070)   #109
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks like cars won't be yellow.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ivery-49635696

Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4029088)   #110
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

I'm glad its just a winter livery because when I think Alpine-I think of blue cars.So maybe if the blue starts at the nose and switches to white by the mirrors and then red when the fin starts to slope down it would appeal a bit more.If anybody from Alpine is dipping into this forum,they are free to make use of the suggestion.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4029089)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

Damn, that's another thread needing a title amendment.....
Old 14 Jan 2021, 22:59 (Ref:4029127)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I like the teaser look, hopefully the actual livery will be worth waiting for
Old 15 Jan 2021, 01:01 (Ref:4029137)   #113
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like Fred's luck is following him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAQGRBRjL_M

Alpine showing signs of disorganization following Cyril's exit.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4029203)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Looks like Fred's luck is following him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAQGRBRjL_M

Alpine showing signs of disorganization following Cyril's exit.

I guess some people realise what they had till they were gone. And yes, it seems the Alonso jinx strikes again
Old 15 Jan 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4029229)   #115
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a well done video. It does seem disorganized. No doubt drama behind the scene otherwise comings and goings would flow better and would appear to be coordinated from the outside.

You do have to wonder if there is some mystical power that Alonso has to just screw up whatever is around him.

Richard
Old 15 Jan 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4029231)   #116
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Well, it was a well presented video, but smacks a little of journalists assuming that because journalists don't know who is the new head of the F1 team, that therefore the team must be in utter disarray. It might all be in place behind the scenes, and if they have poached someone from a different company, then there could be good reasons why they have not sat down and given the journalists every single piece of information that they obviously crave so much.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4029235)   #117
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is this rebranding commercial viable? I mean Alpine is just a very tiny part in the total revenue of the Renault Group. I don't see the brand become an important sportscar manufacturer, it will always be a niche brand.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4029241)   #118
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But easier to sell since it probably won't impact the French Gov connection.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4029262)   #119
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
regardless of who has been in charge, Renault have struggled with their F1 branding for the past 10-15 years or so and now that they have Alonso back how do they separate themselves from, imo, a very troubled history?

for me, if a name change can help separate themselves from that history then this has already been their most successful branding relaunch in these 10-15 years.

the video also points to Aston Martin as having done a good job (ostensibly by showing them raise a flag and putting up a very nice sign outside their factory) but have they actually done a good job?

Racing Point was a terrible place holder name, most preferred calling them a Pink Mercedes and getting docked points was not a good start for their brand, the boss' son is their driver and while i do rate him i doubt this does any favours for their branding dept either, they certainly missed a trick by not advancing/getting the consensus to change the name earlier, and given how rarely customer teams win races its possible the only win this team will get will be under the RP moniker and not AM the banner they really needed it to be.

or maybe AM just look better at it because they are a full year into their rebranding exercise and have already got early hiccups out of the way?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4029271)   #120
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All this is, is a rebranding exercise so they can distance themselves from their lack of achievement as Renault Sport Formula One Team, or Renault F1 Team, which ever the name was they were using last.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4029309)   #121
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
God we are harsh judges- I don't lose sleep over the fact that , in common with most other f1 teams , they haven't won much recently . I celebrate the fact that they are there at all , and that they have already have a record to be proud of . Granted, the team has been lots of things since I saw Derek Warwick muscle the Toleman around Brands but Renault itself has 168 Grands Prix as an engine manufacturer , which is 168 more than McLaren, Red Bull and Lotus combined .

Livery ? Most modern F1 livery is poorly designed , and is often a ghastly patchwork of clashing logos and colours . Shame that they can't use Gitanes any more , as no French F1 car looked sexier than a Gitanes liveried Ligier
Old 15 Jan 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4029320)   #122
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Well, it was a well presented video, but smacks a little of journalists assuming that because journalists don't know who is the new head of the F1 team, that therefore the team must be in utter disarray. It might all be in place behind the scenes, and if they have poached someone from a different company, then there could be good reasons why they have not sat down and given the journalists every single piece of information that they obviously crave so much.
Yep i'm of similar mind to you on this.

Perhaps Alonso will end up being player-manager!

There's stories elsewhere about Renault doing a deal with Lotus (Geely) for joint development of technology, cars and, electric stuff.

Perhaps the F1 team will end up being a Lotus-Alpine?
Old 15 Jan 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4029329)   #123
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lotus again!
Old 15 Jan 2021, 22:02 (Ref:4029338)   #124
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Agree - it's the standard journalist problem where a lack of information to the media equates to complete disaster (in journo minds).

From what we know, one person is no longer with the team and another person is due to replace the departed person.

The structure is still there, those who actually engineer and develop are still doing their thing etc.
Old 15 Jan 2021, 22:03 (Ref:4029339)   #125
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Lotus again!
Feel the electricity!