Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:18 (Ref:4028897)   #1526
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4tinks View Post
Could it be an Andy Neate magnet........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That would be great, imagine the team Banter with Cookie & Creesy
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:19 (Ref:4028898)   #1527
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
According to Autosport, Jade Edwards will be in the 3rd BTC Honda.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4028899)   #1528
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
No...
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4028902)   #1529
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bet that's causing a fair few hurried internet searches.

Shame I no longer subscribe to Readly.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4028903)   #1530
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Strangely, it only says that in the actual magazine. There is no mention of it on the Autosport site.

Also, is anyone else having problems with the digital Autosport magazine? Since they got rid of flash, it has become very difficult to use for me.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4028907)   #1531
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Now confirmed:

http://www.btcc.net/2021/01/14/jade-...or-btc-racing/
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4028908)   #1532
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm slightly surprised by that.

Good luck to the lass though
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:04 (Ref:4028909)   #1533
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One proven race winner, one driver yet to make the podium and then pretty much a complete rookie.....

It's like the 2017 Motorbase line-up

But seriously, good luck to all. The BTC cars always look immaculate
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4028911)   #1534
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crees and Edwards, what a disappointing line-up BTC have. I know I can be overly critical but that's the worst I've seen in a while, a complete waste of two race-winning cars.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:07 (Ref:4028912)   #1535
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
One proven race winner, one driver yet to make the podium and then pretty much a complete rookie.....

It's like the 2017 Motorbase line-up

But seriously, good luck to all. The BTC cars always look immaculate
I suspect one of their cars isn't looking so good at the moment, apparently one of their Type R road cars has been stolen....
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4028913)   #1536
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a bummer... BTC was once beating Dynamics... nothing against Edwards but having her and Crees in one team, which is able to win races, is catastrophically disappointing. I bet BTC will struggle even more this year, falling more and more into middle pack or worse. Money sadly talks.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4028914)   #1537
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Crees and Edwards, what a disappointing line-up BTC have. I know I can be overly critical but that's the worst I've seen in a while, a complete waste of two race-winning cars.
Who would you have put in there and how would you fund it? Tough time and needs must. At least all the resource can be put behind Cook. Just hope the Swindon motor is better than last year in a Honda
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4028916)   #1538
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Where do all three get their backing from, no big names on the car - did JC's car even have any sponsors on it? Even a 'cheap' deal will be £250k each per year surely?
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4028917)   #1539
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think before anyone says ‘what a waste’ they need to look at themselves and see if they’ve managed to get enough sponsorship to get a drive in a race winning BTCC car.

Everyone who has a seat deserves it.

Jade getting a full season seat is massive news, think about all the young girls and women who look up to her and will see that women can succeed in getting a decent drive.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4028919)   #1540
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Just hope the Swindon motor is better than last year in a Honda
It did alright in an Infiniti last year......
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4028920)   #1541
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the BTC seats still partially funded? Cook used to struggle for budget until he went there. Jade is very publicly known to struggle for budget and is now there too.

I have to agree with the others though, Cook is the only one capable of decent results now. With the BMR guys being involved with the Cupra builds, we could be seeing those BTC Honda's right at the back now
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:24 (Ref:4028921)   #1542
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I think before anyone says ‘what a waste’ they need to look at themselves and see if they’ve managed to get enough sponsorship to get a drive in a race winning BTCC car.

Jade getting a full season seat is massive news, think about all the young girls and women who look up to her and will see that women can succeed in getting a decent drive.
Disagree. Good that they've been able to fund their drives, I'm happy for them because it's surely a tough work. But come on, BTC Racing is just better than that. Crees and Edwards are just not at the level. Okay, they won't be dead last but they will waste seats of such a team.

I agree, it's great news that BTCC has a female racer but she's nothing extraordinary. Again, she'll not be the worst driver in the field but she's not good enough to race for a race-winning outfit.

But who knows, maybe I'll be surprised at level of the competitiveness of the new-look BTC. But for now I predict they will be even beaten by HARD at times.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4028924)   #1543
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good on her for getting the seat but some people on social media are going into total meltdown over it. You would think this is the first step to winning the F1 championship the way they are going on.

BTC must have lower fees than others as I know Crees was out until they threw him a lifeline last year and Jade/Josh always struggle for budget as said earlier.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4028925)   #1544
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They don't though - there still isn't enough demand for seats that teams can be pick drivers based on talent & results. If I have the right license and 500k cash upfront, I'm sure most teams would be falling over to get me on the books. It is what JP & MN talked about, while money has always been a part of it, there was always a need for the driving talent to be there too. This seems to have slowly reduced in recent years. It could be due to social media and the internet - in the 90s you only got coverage for your sponsors by being at the front. Now social media followings can be well above the viewing figures of ITV.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4028926)   #1545
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
They don't though - there still isn't enough demand for seats that teams can be pick drivers based on talent & results. If I have the right license and 500k cash upfront, I'm sure most teams would be falling over to get me on the books. It is what JP & MN talked about, while money has always been a part of it, there was always a need for the driving talent to be there too. This seems to have slowly reduced in recent years. It could be due to social media and the internet - in the 90s you only got coverage for your sponsors by being at the front. Now social media followings can be well above the viewing figures of ITV.
Exactly this. Money has always ruled the motorsport but the BTCC doesn't necessarily have the best and most talented drivers.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4028929)   #1546
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Your definition of ‘deserve’ differs from mine. If you can sell your brand well enough to get enough money to pay for an season, you deserve to be there.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4028932)   #1547
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Your definition of ‘deserve’ differs from mine. If you can sell your brand well enough to get enough money to pay for an season, you deserve to be there.
But you also need to have the ability to back it up. I've said it before, a guy with the same results as her would be laughed at. Andy Neate is no worse, imagine the reaction if he was in the Honda.

Of course, it's good to see women in motorsport, but she's not there yet. Also since she couldn't afford full Ginetta / Clio seasons, not sure where she's got the money from.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4028933)   #1548
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
mte. the drivers with a suitcase of daddy’s cash, bit less so. but to me, if you’ve got the ability to gather money or backing you’re doing a bloody good job. especially at the moment.

really, really pleased for jade. and not just because she’s also a girl, but because she’s got so much passion for the sport and she’s a great ambassador for it.

feels like some people want ash sutton in every seat on the grid sometimes.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 10:34 (Ref:4028937)   #1549
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
mte. the drivers with a suitcase of daddy’s cash, bit less so. but to me, if you’ve got the ability to gather money or backing you’re doing a bloody good job. especially at the moment.

really, really pleased for jade. and not just because she’s also a girl, but because she’s got so much passion for the sport and she’s a great ambassador for it.

feels like some people want ash sutton in every seat on the grid sometimes.
Absolutely agree, Jade has worked really hard to make her way up the ladder often in less than great equipment and with limited funds. She did a good job in the Astra at Silverstone considering it was her first time in the car, plus her lap times were pretty impressive during the races.

Look at past drivers who’ve stepped up with not great results in feeder series and they’ve gone on to much better thing. Good for Jade and great publicity for the sport.

I know Jade will be giving it everything. Do I expect wins, no, but I expect her to hold her own. She’ll learn a lot from Josh too. Very pleased for her, shame other don’t seem to be able to be.
Old 14 Jan 2021, 10:53 (Ref:4028942)   #1550
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
She definitely made progress in Clios and now has some BTCC experience under her belt with the meeting at Silverstone in the Astra last year, so let's see how she does a full season's drive