Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jan 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4030499)   #276
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
We don't, but in the motorsport article on the previous page the team stated they were testing next month for the first time
“Testing” (ie, which part of the car will fall off first) I kid I kid.
Old 21 Jan 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4030502)   #277
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
“Testing” (ie, which part of the car will fall off first) I kid I kid.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2021/01/21/menezes-briscoe-to-join-glickenhaus-hypercar-effort/
Old 22 Jan 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4030573)   #278
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
You seem very confident the car exists. Do we know if it does?
To be fair, it's very rare for them to be misleading.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4030576)   #279
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sebring cancelled. Replaced with 8 Hours of Portimao. Does this help you, Jim?
Old 22 Jan 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4030615)   #280
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
This is a very basic question but I am dumb enough not to find the answer anywhere.
I know Alpine is not running a hypercar but an LMP1 that will be "BOPed" accordingly to participate in that class but... what about the Glickenhaus? I see it is not hybrid. Does it still make it a hyperclass or is this another "BOPed" car?
Old 22 Jan 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4030644)   #281
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
This is a very basic question but I am dumb enough not to find the answer anywhere.
I know Alpine is not running a hypercar but an LMP1 that will be "BOPed" accordingly to participate in that class but... what about the Glickenhaus? I see it is not hybrid. Does it still make it a hyperclass or is this another "BOPed" car?
First off - there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers!

The Glickenhaus is a full-blown Hypercar built to the new rules. The team, from what I understand, has forsaken hybrids in the name of reliability, weight distribution and cost.

Hybrids won't have the same advantage as they did before. It was tricky to balance hybrids vs non-hybrids previously, as even if they hybrids had a slower ultimate pace, the torque and fuel-management advantages of the hybrids meant they were far superior in traffic.

From my understanding, the smaller hybrid systems in the new rules are simply part of the power output, rather than being an addition to the power of the ICE. Should make it a lot easier to balance - in theory.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4030652)   #282
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Sebring cancelled. Replaced with 8 Hours of Portimao. Does this help you, Jim?
As expected and certainly the sensible decision to cancel the March date but slightly disappointed it wasn't postponed until the end of the year instead of being cancelled altogether.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4030669)   #283
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
WEC doesn't do air freight anymore, only sea-bound shipping, hence trying to reschedule Sebring would be troublesome, even at the end of the season. And by the end of the season, I don't think that teams would be insanely enthusiastic about doing a 1000 mile fly away race that would stand to tie up their equipment for at least several weeks. That's why NASCAR stopped racing in Japan after 1999's Winston West race at Motegi. NASCAR used sea freight to reduce costs, but it was a logistical nightmare.

And as Akrapovic noted, it should help Glickenhaus run the full season, since their cars are being built up in Europe and otherwise wouldn't make the deadline for being shipped to Florida.

Also, Motorsport.com are reporting that Kolles might not race at all this year in the WEC, which does make me wonder if it's not just an issue with the ACO/FIA over entry fees that's the problem.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 15:06 (Ref:4030685)   #284
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Woohoo! Glickenhaus confirmed for Portimao.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...-portimao.html
Old 22 Jan 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4030690)   #285
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good luck to em. Portugal would not have been top of my list of countries given the Brazilian strain they have over there.

If the situation does improve I'm sure they can hold a nice BCDs event at Portimao.
Old 22 Jan 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4030720)   #286
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Lets hope the race can go ahead, we all hope it does
Old 22 Jan 2021, 20:49 (Ref:4030753)   #287
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, absolutely. Can't wait to see the Glickenhaus in action.....
Old 22 Jan 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4030757)   #288
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Good luck to em. Portugal would not have been top of my list of countries given the Brazilian strain they have over there.

If the situation does improve I'm sure they can hold a nice BCDs event at Portimao.
Portimao's held several events with limited crowds in the last 6 months. No reason to expect WEC will be any different.
Old 23 Jan 2021, 23:14 (Ref:4030859)   #289
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Portimao's held several events with limited crowds in the last 6 months. No reason to expect WEC will be any different.
The situation in Europe is dramatically different to how it was 6 months ago, unfortunately.

If it goes ahead then great. But I would not be surprised for a wider European lockdown.
Old 24 Jan 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4030897)   #290
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The situation in Europe is dramatically different to how it was 6 months ago, unfortunately.

If it goes ahead then great. But I would not be surprised for a wider European lockdown.
Sadly we agree.
Old 30 Jan 2021, 23:10 (Ref:4032251)   #291
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Portugal is a mix of a North African country with European flavours and South American vibe. It matches well in a poorly international WEC calendar. A fly in the ointment.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4032392)   #292
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Portugal is a mix of a North African country with European flavours and South American vibe. It matches well in a poorly international WEC calendar. A fly in the ointment.
Have you ever been to Portugal or to North Africa?
Old 31 Jan 2021, 09:53 (Ref:4032402)   #293
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Have you ever been to Portugal or to North Africa?
Yes. People is quite friendly there. WEC will be welcome there.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4032416)   #294
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Yes. People is quite friendly there. WEC will be welcome there.
I know, I'm Portuguese.

So I suppose you would consider Spain a North African country as they are geographically closer to N. Africa than Portugal. Italy? (also geographically closer (Sicily)).

As for the South American Vibe: Portugal founded Brazil, the largest country in South America ,so I suppose it would be more correct to say that Brazil has a Portuguese vibe (Language, Architecture, cultural similarities, some food origins, etc)

Last edited by Spyderman; 31 Jan 2021 at 10:45.
Old 31 Jan 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4032545)   #295
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
It seems we agree here.
Old 1 Feb 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4032820)   #296
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So I suppose you would consider Spain a North African country as they are geographically closer to N. Africa than Portugal
lol what
Old 1 Feb 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4032859)   #297
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
lol what
Just using Juntos logic.
Don't worry - I know the difference between the Iberian Peninsula/culture and North Africa.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.4076....5814569,6.69z

Last edited by Spyderman; 1 Feb 2021 at 17:56.
Old 2 Feb 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4033081)   #298
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Just using Juntos logic.
Don't worry - I know the difference between the Iberian Peninsula/culture and North Africa.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.4076....5814569,6.69z
And all the world knows how Portugal 'founded' Brazil even if the word conquistador is spanish.
I guess Portugal founded as well Cap Verde, Angola, Mozambique....I just wonder what the heck the people living there did before they've been 'founded' by Portugal
Old 3 Feb 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4033168)   #299
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
And all the world knows how Portugal 'founded' Brazil even if the word conquistador is spanish.
I guess Portugal founded as well Cap Verde, Angola, Mozambique....I just wonder what the heck the people living there did before they've been 'founded' by Portugal
They lived there but the place was not called Brazil, Cabo Verde, Angola and Mozambique, nor did it have the geographical contours that it has today. So what?
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4035455)   #300
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Corvette for Portimao and Spa? Yes please.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ao-spa-rounds/