Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Feb 2021, 14:57 (Ref:4035440)   #26
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
There are still enough sponsors. McLaren do look good with their livery though. Nice orange and Blue, with plenty of good signage on it.
Delete the cryptic (meaningless?) "A Better Tomorrow"s, and you are not left with much in the way of sponsors. It is a modern interpretation of HRTs 2nd livery, where there was loads of "Your Logo Here" stickers that at first glance made it look like the team had picked up plenty of backing.

It's not just McLaren - many of the other teams are the same as well.

I think the car looks OK. Much the same as last year in terms of livery.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4035442)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Delete the cryptic (meaningless?) "A Better Tomorrow"s, and you are not left with much in the way of sponsors.
Isn't that a bit like saying 'delete a team's major/title sponsor and they don't have a major/title sponsor'?

You could just as easily say 'delete petronas from Mercedes', or 'BWT from Racing Point'.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4035449)   #28
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mclaren MCL35M - Feb 15 at Woking
Alpha Tauri AT02 - Feb 19 Online
Alfa Romeo C41 - Feb 22 in Warsaw Poland
Ferrari SF21 - Feb 26 team launch and Mar 10 car launch
Mercedes W12 E Performance- Mar 2 Online
Alpine A521 - Mar 2 Online
Aston Martin ? - Mar 3 Online
Williams F43B - Mar 5 Online

RB
Haas
Old 16 Feb 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4035454)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Delete the cryptic (meaningless?) "A Better Tomorrow"s, and you are not left with much in the way of sponsors. It is a modern interpretation of HRTs 2nd livery, where there was loads of "Your Logo Here" stickers that at first glance made it look like the team had picked up plenty of backing.

It's not just McLaren - many of the other teams are the same as well.

I think the car looks OK. Much the same as last year in terms of livery.

They've got plenty of sponsors, 35, or partners as they like to call them these days. Obviously there is BAT, who are McLaren's Global Partner with their "A Better Tomorrow'' logo; a better tomorrow for its consumers, shareholders, society and employees and no doubt for McLaren. If you go to this page https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners/ on their website, there's an interactive list of their partners.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4035457)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Mclaren MCL35M - Feb 15 at Woking
Alpha Tauri AT02 - Feb 19 Online
Alfa Romeo C41 - Feb 22 in Warsaw Poland
Ferrari SF21 - Feb 26 team launch and Mar 10 car launch
Mercedes W12 E Performance- Mar 2 Online
Alpine A521 - Mar 2 Online
Aston Martin ? - Mar 3 Online
Williams F43B - Mar 5 Online

RB
Haas

Why is Alfa Romeo's launch on Feb 22 in Warsaw?
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4035460)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Their title sponsor (Orlen) is Polish.
Not sure on why they picked that date.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4035461)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
i literally have no idea but thats where is going to launch!

odd right?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-2021/5135252/
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:11 (Ref:4035463)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
ignore my last post...and i guess i should have read the first sentence of the article i posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
oh...very good call!
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4035465)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

oh...very good call!
I imagine Orlen will be keen to see the team referred to by its full name: Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:38 (Ref:4035472)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

Thanks for the explanation. I need to brush up on my sponsors.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4035475)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Polish oil refiner and petrol retailer Orlen, is their primary / naming rights sponsor. I guess it is to do with that association.

Edit: Oops a bit late to the party. Saw the question and answered not realising it had already been answered over the page.

Last edited by E.B; 16 Feb 2021 at 17:02.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4035681)   #37
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Isn't that a bit like saying 'delete a team's major/title sponsor and they don't have a major/title sponsor'?

You could just as easily say 'delete petronas from Mercedes', or 'BWT from Racing Point'.
Ok - I think understand now. Obviously the subliminal McLaren Tobacco advertising went over my head on this occasion. Maybe I don't like this team any more than Ferrari after all.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4035690)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Ok - I think understand now. Obviously the subliminal McLaren Tobacco advertising went over my head on this occasion. Maybe I don't like this team any more than Ferrari after all.
It's the challenge of how do you advertise a tobacco company, without advertising tobacco?
Old 18 Feb 2021, 15:43 (Ref:4035735)   #39
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
more to the point, how do you advertising smoking without advertising wide spread death on a global level?

the whole world is fighting covid right now, so why not use this moment in time to promote other global public health crises like smoking?

really just a brilliant piece of marketing!

to each their own of course, but after almost 20 years of the advertising bans being in place, that some of the teams still do this is just, imo, silly and frankly amateurish.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4035742)   #40
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Quote:

to each their own of course, but after almost 20 years of the advertising bans being in place, that some of the teams still do this is just, imo, silly and frankly amateurish.
Yes, and does it even work? Who would see these bizarre slogans and phrases and link them to fags anyway?

I'm struggling to see what's in it for the cigarette companies.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4035752)   #41
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
no where else to spend their money so might as well throw posh parties at exclusive events on the company dime in order to give old rich guys a chance to 'network' with beautiful young women would be my guess.

#weraceasone
#abettertomorrow
Old 18 Feb 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4035766)   #42
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
bad jokes aside...

videos of DR and Lando's first runs. engine sounds nice!

DR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JTOwmM3Ta0

Lando (multiple angles which is nice)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrXbcuGst9I
Old 18 Feb 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4035791)   #43
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes, and does it even work? Who would see these bizarre slogans and phrases and link them to fags anyway?

To be fair we are talking about it right now.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4035792)   #44
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
Thats true, I would have replied earlier, but I had to nip down the corner shop for some Marlboro lights.
Old 18 Feb 2021, 22:23 (Ref:4035803)   #45
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Marlboro BnH jps etc could start making pencils.
A huge "MARLBORO" on the car and in small print under it "pencils".
We arent advertising smokes, we are advertising pencils which just happen to have same name and logo as the ciggies.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4035827)   #46
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They've got plenty of sponsors, 35, or partners as they like to call them these days. Obviously there is BAT, who are McLaren's Global Partner with their "A Better Tomorrow'' logo; a better tomorrow for its consumers, shareholders, society and employees and no doubt for McLaren. If you go to this page https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners/ on their website, there's an interactive list of their partners.
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partn...rican-tobacco/

I think we've all read out fair share or marketing nonsense over the years, but this is the most impressive bit of marketing nonsense I've read in a good while.

Mutli-category consumer goods rooted in advanced technology. Accelerating its journey for consumers, shareholders and society as they attempt to satisfy the ever-evolving adult consumer.
Old 19 Feb 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4035829)   #47
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new AT livery

Old 19 Feb 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4035831)   #48
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Old 19 Feb 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4035854)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So now we have Alpha Tauri joining McLaren in launching their cars, I can't wait to see what the others bring out based on what I've seen so far
Old 19 Feb 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4035858)   #50
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
35 partners isn’t 35 sponsors.

You can’t run an F1 team on partners providing isotonic drinks to your drivers, or Coke providing free vending machines in the factory as an upgrade to boxes of Freddos.

Or on supporting a mental health charity, or on a ‘partner’ you pay to get tyres from.