Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4036502)   #1076
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I've got some wonderful photos somewhere of a nose-to-tail line of Renault 5's lurching through Russell at Snetterton, all at slightly different angles, in the very early days of R5 racing.

The trick in those days was to get close enough to the car in front to pop the rear hatch open, thus giving your competitor a very effective air brake!
Also the choice of tyres.

Well worn if one assumed it would stay dry. Hardly worn at all if wet.

Make the wrong choice potential competitiveness disappeared.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 06:41 (Ref:4036554)   #1077
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Didnt do many one make races, I hate that. On this page https://talbotsamba.forumpro.fr/t72p50-coupe-samba go to post Lun 20 janvier 2014 21:09. Assuming you do know the driver #6, tell me the track?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 08:53 (Ref:4036566)   #1078
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Phone box up date. Now installed. Just the windows which to fit we have the originals . Sundays job.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phone Box installed..JPG
Views:	11
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	67343
I do wish I could get these pictures the right way. Sorry. Over to you Gordon,Pete,JT.?

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 24 Feb 2021 at 09:02.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4036567)   #1079
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
And it is not only young guys like Iain who likes Formula Atlantic. I recently bought one as well, although the chances are slim that I will bring it over to the UK in these post-Brexit Days. Will be content with racing it here in Sweden (once I figure out where the water in the oil is coming from...)
Good to hear from you Lars. I hope you can sort out the BDA.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4036569)   #1080
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Phone box up date. Now installed. Just the windows which to fit we have the originals . Sundays job.
Attachment 67343
I do wish I could get these pictures the right way. Sorry. Over to you Gordon,Pete, JT.?
Strange I don't have permission to edit the photo.

Looks good by the way....
Old 24 Feb 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4036570)   #1081
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Didnt do many one make races, I hate that. On this page https://talbotsamba.forumpro.fr/t72p50-coupe-samba go to post Lun 20 janvier 2014 21:09. Assuming you do know the driver #6, tell me the track?
Magny Cours?

The driver likes the grass. Seems to be a French habit.

The next pic seems to have the Samba doing its own Samba, dancing down the track.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4036584)   #1082
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Check the coil its worth I've been told here!
You got that wrong. Iain says it is [B][B]never[B] the coil. I checked it anyhow, but the result was not conclusive
Old 24 Feb 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4036589)   #1083
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just noticed it seems to be Gordon's Birthday, so......

Have a great day Gordon, as they say
Old 24 Feb 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4036590)   #1084
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 67343
I do wish I could get these pictures the right way. Sorry. Over to you Gordon,Pete,JT.?
Looks like you've got one of the really rare landscape versions of the old red phone box there Iain, that should be worth even more money!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4036599)   #1085
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
EB, the tall and close wall indicates more likely Croix en Ternois, but not sure. At this moment of the race to be out of the track was the safer place! When the second season started, I had the single car remaining its original shell including the front wings! I cant appreciate this kind of rubbing racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
I checked it anyhow, but the result was not conclusive
So, your coil is not leaking water, a very good point!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 11:33 (Ref:4036602)   #1086
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
EB, the tall and close wall indicates more likely Croix en Ternois, but not sure. At this moment of the race to be out of the track was the safer place! When the second season started, I had the single car remaining its original shell including the front wings! I cant appreciate this kind of rubbing racing.
The only reason I said Magny Cours was I remembered having seen this picture linked following on the Magny Cours website and recognised the bridge. But of course it might just be a similar bridge elsewhere.

https://www.circuitmagnycours.com/wp...60222767_o.jpg
Old 24 Feb 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4036607)   #1087
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The only reason I said Magny Cours was I remembered having seen this picture linked following on the Magny Cours website and recognised the bridge. But of course it might just be a similar bridge elsewhere.

https://www.circuitmagnycours.com/wp...60222767_o.jpg
That bridge pic is certainly not Croix.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4036629)   #1088
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Is this the right way up, Iain?

Typical British workmen - 2 of 'em doing nowt, supping tea, with job half done
Attached Images

Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:15 (Ref:4036638)   #1089
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Have a great day Gordon, as they say
Cheers mate
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4036640)   #1090
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Cheers mate

Indeed, the utmost felicitations for your significant day, sir!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4036649)   #1091
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Indeed, the utmost felicitations for your significant day, sir!
Muchas gracias
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4036651)   #1092
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Plenty of Larkins about today no doubt.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 14:11 (Ref:4036654)   #1093
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Plenty of Larkins about today no doubt.

Are you suggesting that Gordon and Sue may be larkin' about?

Have a good one, Gordon.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4036661)   #1094
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Typical French workmen - 2 of 'em doing nowt, supping beer, with job half done
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4036674)   #1095
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink

Happy birthday, Gordon.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4036706)   #1096
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy birthday Gordon.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4036722)   #1097
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not another one! happy birthday young man,(it's all in the mind so I'm told)
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4036727)   #1098
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Yes, Happy Birthday Gordon. I will raise a glass to you this evening. It won't be Larkins I'm afraid but my home made red wine
(And really I should be afraid of my home made red wine).
Old 24 Feb 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4036761)   #1099
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bon anniversaire Ã* vous, Monsieur Steeter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
And really I should be afraid of my home made red wine
No kidding! Would it be a mince pie…
Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:31 (Ref:4036777)   #1100
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hope you are having a good day Gordon.I will treat you to lunch at Brands next time we are testing.
Closed Thread