Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Feb 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4036438)   #301
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If there was a 5000 person limit, do we think the ACO could sell those tickets for a June running at great cost to sponsors/VIPs plus get the teams to foot the bills for feeding and watering them and turn a similar profit to a normal event? (No camping, close Mulsanne and Arnage zones, etc to limit costs)
Old 23 Feb 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4036439)   #302
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
I suspect that a 5000 person limit would barely cover sponsors, VIPs, team guests etc. No ordinary punters!

The idea of a June race with any sort of crowd is clearly a fantasy. Decision must be between running in June behind closed doors or delaying to Autumn again (in the hope but without certainty that spectators could attend).
Old 23 Feb 2021, 22:29 (Ref:4036510)   #303
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Le Mans needs the punters, having a limited number wouldn’t work. They need as many back as they can. However there are reasons to be optimistic. Hopefully enough progress has been made by Summer. I can’t see them delaying it, but nor can I see them do it behind closed doors. Just have to keep fingers crossed and keep looking out for any announcements
Old 24 Feb 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4036560)   #304
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
I suspect that a 5000 person limit would barely cover sponsors, VIPs, team guests etc. No ordinary punters!

The idea of a June race with any sort of crowd is clearly a fantasy. Decision must be between running in June behind closed doors or delaying to Autumn again (in the hope but without certainty that spectators could attend).
I agree.

The ACO will need money so to delay to later in the year and potentially get more revenue makes the most sense.

Based on the current lockdown dates we wont be allowed to travel in time for the June date and France are way behind us on the vaccine.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4036610)   #305
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Le Mans needs the punters, having a limited number wouldn’t work. They need as many back as they can. However there are reasons to be optimistic. Hopefully enough progress has been made by Summer. I can’t see them delaying it, but nor can I see them do it behind closed doors. Just have to keep fingers crossed and keep looking out for any announcements
I'm sorry, but this just doesn't add up.
  • What are the reasons to be optimistic? I'm thinking of the position in France as explained by Kpy and Batmobile?
  • If you can't see them delaying it (and why not?) why do you think that the position will have resolved sufficiently within 4 months to have a large crowd at Le Mans?
  • They ran it huis clos last year, so there is at least a chance that they will (have to) do it again this year, surely?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4036626)   #306
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
However there are reasons to be optimistic
Please explain, I don't see any?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4036641)   #307
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You should always be optimistic, otherwise there is no hope, always hope for the best it may not happen but with out any hope in these dark times is too much to bear.
Hope may be all we have so please leave us hope
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4036673)   #308
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, you should always look for that light at the end of the tunnel and there is a bit with the current rate of progress of vaccines. It's best to be optimistic, even if it doesn't always work. Fingers crossed guys
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4036678)   #309
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wrong thread
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4036686)   #310
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen View Post
wrong thread
Not sure it makes any difference.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4036688)   #311
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You should always be optimistic, otherwise there is no hope, always hope for the best it may not happen but with out any hope in these dark times is too much to bear.
Hope may be all we have so please leave us hope
I hear you Simon, but simply repeating it isn't going to make the impossible happen!

I'd be a lot more optimistic if we had a statement from the ACO saying they're putting it back to September with every intention of getting (some) spectators there..... (but even that sounds like deja vu.... ).

In the meantime, you can be optimistic about Toyota v. Peugeot v Ferrari v Glickenhaus in 2023.....
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:38 (Ref:4036692)   #312
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yeah, you should always look for that light at the end of the tunnel and there is a bit with the current rate of progress of vaccines. It's best to be optimistic, even if it doesn't always work. Fingers crossed guys
I don't think that answers my three questions, but hey.......
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:41 (Ref:4036700)   #313
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I hear you Simon, but simply repeating it isn't going to make the impossible happen!

I'd be a lot more optimistic if we had a statement from the ACO saying they're putting it back to September with every intention of getting (some) spectators there..... (but even that sounds like deja vu.... ).

In the meantime, you can be optimistic about Toyota v. Peugeot v Ferrari v Glickenhaus in 2023.....
And now that Ferrari have joined we may see more,
Old 24 Feb 2021, 15:53 (Ref:4036716)   #314
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And now that Ferrari have joined we may see more,
I think it should now be made obligatory by law for all manufacturers to enter.

'And today we unveil the Dacia Wetwang LMh!'
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4036725)   #315
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Now you are being silly Andrew, And it would be easy for renault to just rename the alpine as Dacia
Old 24 Feb 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4036734)   #316
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
All Ferrari comments to the new thread please.

https://www.tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155948
Old 1 Mar 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4037767)   #317
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to AUTOhebdo (paper edition), from a source at the ACO, the 24 Hours would be postponed at the end of August, more probably on the 22 and 23. The creation of "villages" of 5000 persons or more is still in the air.
Old 1 Mar 2021, 22:47 (Ref:4037769)   #318
S griffin
Veteran

Autohebbo is a reliable source and August wouldn’t be too much of a delay. Just have to see when spectators are allowed to visit from overseas at the earliest
Old 2 Mar 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4037824)   #319
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
According to AUTOhebdo (paper edition), from a source at the ACO, the 24 Hours would be postponed at the end of August, more probably on the 22 and 23. The creation of "villages" of 5000 persons or more is still in the air.
Finally some information. Must be a tough balancing act for the ACO as they won't want to tear up the WEC calendar too badly.

That rumoured date sits fairly equidistant between Monza and Fuji. So I can see why they've gone for it. Albeit September might have been better for fan numbers at the track.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4037842)   #320
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
That date would clash with the Suzuka 10 Hours IGTC race, not that I expect the ACO to know or care about that! The Sat-Sun is 21st-22nd btw, not 22nd-23rd.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4038037)   #321
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I'd be on board with an end of August race (purely as a spectator on TV). We've got back to back weekends of IMSA and Indycar at Laguna Seca in September, and I have at least two friends flying out for it. Would be terrible if Le Mans was on either of those weekends.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 19:37 (Ref:4038049)   #322
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Progress in vaccine is not going so well here.Due to the lack of vaccine doses in France we can understand they need more doses in this area so where will go the doses as a priority??
It seems that there's a kind of first arrived first served rule, meaning that some areas have been ordering a long while ago much more doses than needed…*In addition, they've just change the rules of priority. My doctor told me to wait till the end of April at best for the first jab.

As to LM races, ACO has to study the two meetings in a raw, modern and classic, either at the end of Aug or early Sept. Dont know if its viable financial and technical wise with no spectators.
Sorry, others have been typing faster than me.
Old 2 Mar 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4038056)   #323
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Racer reporting possibility of August date too.

https://racer.com/2021/03/02/le-mans...st-allow-fans/
Old 2 Mar 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4038078)   #324
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ideal for us teachers...
Old 2 Mar 2021, 21:05 (Ref:4038081)   #325
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Just checked the credit note I got for the 2020 race and it says:

"This voucher is valid from 18/08/2020 and until May 31st, 2021 for 2021 24 HEURES DU MANS tickets of same type, category and price as initially booked and pending on availability. It can also be used as a deposit for another product with a higher price. Failing to use your credit note before its valid period, you will be fully refunded from June 1st, 2021."