Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Apr 2021, 17:06 (Ref:4044723)   #1251
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
It is a 1950's special that raced in the big Silverstone meetings around 1951- 53 period, and is known by the drivers initials ***.
Is one of those initials also a 'Major' name that can be seen on a BTCC car today?
Old 5 Apr 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4044736)   #1252
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Surely some buffoon will name the saloon parked further up the course, as the answer.
Now you ask…
So, you did not find Vern Schupann, did you… How many carbs on the Vanguard? And dont call me Shirley!!
Old 5 Apr 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4044742)   #1253
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is one of those initials also a 'Major' name that can be seen on a BTCC car today?
Far to obscure for that Malcolm.
Old 6 Apr 2021, 00:33 (Ref:4044757)   #1254
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Far to obscure for that Malcolm.
HA HA
At least its a start Bauble
Old 6 Apr 2021, 04:37 (Ref:4044771)   #1255
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
From what I can see, the suspensions look rather original.
Old 6 Apr 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4044825)   #1256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can you name this car? (Picture Ferret Photos)
PM sent - 5th of 5?
Old 6 Apr 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4044828)   #1257
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
PM sent - 5th of 5?
With the right answer, and plenty of detail. I told you it was easy. didn't I?
Old 6 Apr 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4044830)   #1258
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
With the right answer, and plenty of detail. I told you it was easy. didn't I?

Old 7 Apr 2021, 07:06 (Ref:4044895)   #1259
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This one is a bit easier (in my opinion) than Bobs last question.

Who & what have we got here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sketch119.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	792.0 KB
ID:	67975
Old 8 Apr 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4045056)   #1260
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A clue would be much appreciated methinks… Is it Goodwood?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 08:04 (Ref:4045059)   #1261
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
A clue would be much appreciated methinks… Is it Goodwood?
There is a lot to admire in the picture Gerard!

RB I reckon that we have Peter Walker and Roy Salvadori in the picture as well.
I have been trying to work out whose car it is, as there were several racing at the time. I don't think it is Gordon's as I am sure his was a darker shade.

It is quite easy ............... by your standards.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4045061)   #1262
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes of course I do like the picture and given the time it was taken, great quality too. But I will never find the answer in spite of the front grill supposed to "tell me something". The atmosphere is unique, may be a free practice day?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 08:37 (Ref:4045062)   #1263
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes of course I do like the picture and given the time it was taken, great quality too. But I will never find the answer in spite of the front grill supposed to "tell me something". The atmosphere is unique, may be a free practice day?
But, Gerard, you asked for a clue, and I gave you one, take of your Club hat and apply your brain to the task.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4045079)   #1264
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Apply my what?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:38 (Ref:4045171)   #1265
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
So, not a Connaught, not an Aston, not a Frazer Nash, not an Italian or French machine… Your clue is Salvadori and Walker… cat got my tongue!
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:47 (Ref:4045173)   #1266
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 correct answers already from EB & Baub, no it is not Goodwood it is much closer to home than that and in the original pits. It is British.
I have not been able to confirm the person on the left but Baub may well be correct.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4045189)   #1267
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4045204)   #1268
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
So, not a Connaught, not an Aston, not a Frazer Nash, not an Italian or French machine… Your clue is Salvadori and Walker… cat got my tongue!

No that was not the clue, and it is not Salvadori, but it is the driver.

Go back to my clue and read it carefully.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4045205)   #1269
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Mallory?
Did it exist in 1949?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:34 (Ref:4045207)   #1270
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My immediate thought was that it was Brands before they built the brick dividing walls, leaving them as mini wind tunnels on a breezy day.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:38 (Ref:4045208)   #1271
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did it exist in 1949?
Fair point.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4045209)   #1272
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
[/B]Go back to my clue and read it carefully.
OK boss! You say "by your standard". The car was a triumph or a Triumph? Would it be a Matra…
Old 8 Apr 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4045212)   #1273
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Would it help if you knew that the driver competed at Le Mans 24hrs 3 times.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4045213)   #1274
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
OK boss! You say "by your standard". The car was a triumph or a Triumph? Would it be a Matra…
There is a lot to admire in the picture Gerard!

Come on chaps it is all there.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 20:18 (Ref:4045214)   #1275
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No thank you, I'm looking for the car, you know… actually.