Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Apr 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4045104)   #2951
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And what's there to moan about?

Maybe there'd be if their official name would be Team HARD Racing with Evolution Europe with international reach brought to you by Josh Stanton Ltd Team.
But I think it's unlikely.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4045114)   #2952
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Because BTCC.....

If it's not a fully manufacturer funded entry, with full title sponsorship and 2 drivers who have not needed to bring any funding to their drive, then it's not good enough for some BTCC 'fans'.

Which does make you wonder why they retain any interest in the series that is so far removed from what they seem to expect it to be, it may as well be a different sport.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4045115)   #2953
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Because BTCC.....

If it's not a fully manufacturer funded entry, with full title sponsorship and 2 drivers who have not needed to bring any funding to their drive, then it's not good enough for some BTCC 'fans'.

Which does make you wonder why they retain any interest in the series that is so far removed from what they seem to expect it to be, it may as well be a different sport.
Oh yes, I get it.
I mean, of course, I'm not someone who see BTCC as everything fantastic, there are things I don't like etc but all in all BTCC is a fantastic championship so even with some criticism at times I still enjoy it greatly
Old 8 Apr 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4045117)   #2954
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Leon's
Old 8 Apr 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4045119)   #2955
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Hang on, it's not the Leon. It's the CC this year, Big Tony said so, and nowt to do with driver preferences either: bigger car = more sheet metal = more space for sponsor stickers.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 16:13 (Ref:4045133)   #2956
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!

Quote:
Quote:
Team HARD. Racing
Why is there a dot after HARD?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4045142)   #2957
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Something fresh for people to moan about.

Evolution announced as team sponsors for Team HARD. Racing

Team HARD. Racing today confirms a brand-new partnership with fire and security solutions business, Evolution Europe. Evolution will be present on the team’s brand new Cupra Leon’s for the upcoming 2021 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship (BTCC) season and will also play a pivotal role in supporting Josh Stanton in his first season in the 2021 Porsche Carrera Cup GB championship with Team HARD. Racing.

Evolution Europe is a UK-based company with huge international reach and is one of the largest, independently-owned businesses of its kind. For over 25 years, Evolution have been working to deliver effective, integrated enterprise-wide fire and security, risk, design and retail security solutions to clients all over the world.

Team HARD. Racing’s Managing Director, Tony Gilham is delighted to be working with Evolution, saying “It’s fantastic that we can welcome Evolution to the team for the 2021 season and I’m really looking forward to working with them.

“We were introduced to Evolution by our new Porsche Carrera Cup GB driver Josh Stanton so thank you to both for believing that we are the team that will help them reach their goals both on, and off track in 2021.

“The partnership itself will see Evolution become a prominent figure within our BTCC programme with company logos on both Jack (Goff) and Glynn’s (Geddie) brand new Cupra Leon’s. We also look forward to inviting Evolution and their guests to our hospitality facilities at race meetings this season.”

Evolution’s logo will be prominent on Jack Goff and Glynn Geddie’s Cupra Leon’s along with title sponsors Autobrite Direct for the 2021 BTCC season. Evolution will also be continuing to support former Quaife Mini Challenge competitor Josh Stanton as he progresses into the Porsche Carrera Cup for this season with Team HARD. after backing Stanton for the previous two years.

Richard Lambert, MD of Evolution comments “This is promising to be our most exciting season yet! Supporting the BTCC has been incredible for Evolution and entering our third sponsorship year with such a promising line-up in the Team HARD. Cupra’s and Josh’s Porsche is fantastic. We look forward to some great times with our staff and customers alike.”

Team HARD. Racing is preparing to enter its 10th, and biggest season in the BTCC to date after announcing their switch to the new Cupra Leon from the Volkswagen CC in September. Evolution are the latest business to confirm their partnership with Team HARD. Racing as the team continue to grow and build its business hub for the 2021 season.
If they have a similar livery to that of the Porsche in the pictures, there will be more black cars on the grid this season. Utter shambles from Team HARD..

What's that? They haven't released the Cupra liveries yet? I can stop getting angry about something that hasn't happened yet?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4045146)   #2958
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
To place emphasis on the pink in their corporate colours.
Old 8 Apr 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4045149)   #2959
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
If they have a similar livery to that of the Porsche in the pictures, there will be more black cars on the grid this season. Utter shambles from Team HARD..
I know right - how dare a sponsor who has established their identity as a 3-colour stripe alongside white lettering on a black base colour expect the BTCC car to follow the same scheme?

In fairness, the title sponsor at HARD. is AutoBrite - so expect a combination of red/white/black. What's that - Toyota has already stolen Honda's white/red/black colours for their own team? Maybe Rokit will have to move away from their established White on Black colours to allow BMW to use Black in their scheme? But then Car Gods 54 will have to change their White on Black scheme too. Perhaps then Halfords will be ok using an Orange and Black scheme in their shops?

Maybe we need all companies in the UK to submit their colours to Alan Gow, so that he can confirm if there will be a clash should they ever choose to sponsor a BTCC team?
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:00 (Ref:4045151)   #2960
Matt K
Veteran

You know what guys? In order to make it better maybe the best idea would be to have all cars fully white for first half of the season and fully black for the second
Old 8 Apr 2021, 17:01 (Ref:4045153)   #2961
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Oh that's serious!
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4045177)   #2962
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You know what guys? In order to make it better maybe the best idea would be to have all cars fully white for first half of the season and fully black for the second
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP3W-E0OamU
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4045178)   #2963
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
This could be BTCC's official song then!

Btw MB Motorsport reveals their livery tomorrow... we'll see if it is 'generic' white
Old 8 Apr 2021, 18:44 (Ref:4045190)   #2964
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Imagine the commentary with 30 blank white cars with just a number on
Old 8 Apr 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4045199)   #2965
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Imagine the commentary with 30 blank white cars with just a number on
Poor Tim Harvey wouldn't be able to say a word during a race
Old 8 Apr 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4045218)   #2966
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Btw MB Motorsport reveals their livery tomorrow... we'll see if it is 'generic' white
From all the teasers... looks very much like it with some blue pinstripes :rotates:
Old 8 Apr 2021, 21:36 (Ref:4045225)   #2967
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
From all the teasers... looks very much like it with some blue pinstripes :rotates:
I was afraid to say this...
But hey, remember BMW WTCC liveries from, like 2005-2008? Mostly white but still great!
Old 8 Apr 2021, 22:29 (Ref:4045234)   #2968
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I was afraid to say this...
But hey, remember BMW WTCC liveries from, like 2005-2008? Mostly white but still great!
True! It looks very clean and smart so far, though not sure the Focus would wear the white quite as well!
Old 9 Apr 2021, 06:56 (Ref:4045260)   #2969
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Black BTCC Cars can look nice:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Listerine_Twins.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	966.1 KB
ID:	68022
Old 9 Apr 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4045285)   #2970
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RPJr's Hyundai is testing in white today and as we all know testing liveries are absolutely definitely the final livery.
Old 9 Apr 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4045288)   #2971
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Black BTCC Cars can look nice:
Attachment 68022
It helped that the Sierra RS500 had such a gorgeous shape to be fair
Old 9 Apr 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4045295)   #2972
Matt K
Veteran

I'm pleasantly surprised with MB livery. Maybe it's not the most striking one but definitely an improvement from last year, looks clean, tidy and professional. I like it even though there's a lot of white
Old 9 Apr 2021, 11:36 (Ref:4045299)   #2973
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm pleasantly surprised with MB livery. Maybe it's not the most striking one but definitely an improvement from last year, looks clean, tidy and professional. I like it even though there's a lot of white
A few tweaks from last year to fit the shape of the Focus, but otherwise exactly what I was expecting.
Old 9 Apr 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4045307)   #2974
Matt K
Veteran

Yes, somehow suits Focus better than Civic IMO.
Old 9 Apr 2021, 15:14 (Ref:4045308)   #2975
Evantra
Veteran

England
No comment on that livery! 😂

Last edited by Evantra; 9 Apr 2021 at 15:38.