Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Apr 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4046158)   #101
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's a pity I'm not in Spain as I would have liked to go to this in normal times, it's about a 7 hr drive from our place and for me it's a lot of the same way that I would go to Jerez that is about 5hrs. Unfortunately I won't be going to either and will have to slum it on the sofa. I'll be up "early" in the morning to watch the practice at 10am
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Apr 2021, 22:18 (Ref:4046161)   #102
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I wonder if Rossi's lack of form can be put down to long Covid ? I know he qualified in 4th the other week but he slipped back quite quickly.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 16 Apr 2021, 05:57 (Ref:4046175)   #103
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I've never seen MM race anything half heartedly.....,
It is going to be strange to see MM back on a bike.... he has admitted to being nervous and having butterflies. He made a statement that seems to indicate at times doubts as to whether his arm would ever be normal again and the future of his career. He says FP1 will not be the normal him, mentally or physically, which I can fully understand. All the more reason for me to watch FP1. (A pleasant 7pm for me!)
Marcs statement:

Quote:
“It is true that I am nervous, I have some butterflies in the stomach that are not normal in me but I know that after FP1 these will be gone and now it is time to enjoy being on the bike again.

"I will not be the same Marc from FP1, I need time, I am still in my rehabilitation and there are two different things: a physical side but also a mental side.

“We are in the process, but I am really happy to be here and I am looking forward to riding the bike.”

Marquez says it was “difficult” not to race in Qatar as he personally felt “ready”, while noting it was hard to watch last year’s races from the sidelines.

“It was really strange especially in the beginning then in the mid-period of these nine months it was normal already, I was there just as a fan watching on TV and enjoying,” he added.

“Of course it was really difficult to take the decision not to race in Qatar one and Qatar two [races] because I feel ready but not 100%, and then the doctors decided to stop me.

“Of course, I just followed that advice but it was hard, nine months, very hard and with the doubts.

“Not only doubt on would I ride again but also the doubts if I will have a normal arm.

“So, this was hard and always I was optimistic which was the key point and especially the people around me helped me a lot to keep the motivation there and have the target to ride a bike again.”
Old 16 Apr 2021, 07:26 (Ref:4046180)   #104
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If it rains, might it make it a little easier physically for him? Depends how wet it is I guess
Old 16 Apr 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4046185)   #105
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If it rains, might it make it a little easier physically for him? Depends how wet it is I guess
The downside being it would become more likely for him to drop the bike and potentially aggravate his old injury.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4046200)   #106
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well after the first session he still looked like the old Marc ! It will be interesting to see how the day pans out
Old 16 Apr 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4046201)   #107
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well after the first session he still looked like the old Marc ! It will be interesting to see how the day pans out
Remarkable session tbh..... 3rd overall, ahead of Pol Espargaro his teamate, and within 2/10 of Vinales at the top of the times.

Amusing to see MM's lean angle increasing every time he went out..... from 50 degrees then 52/53, then 55/56 before his final full tilt run.

He would have to be happy with that for a return session. No sign of the threatened rain
Old 16 Apr 2021, 10:27 (Ref:4046204)   #108
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks like he should be up there already, although whether he can reassert his old dominance remains to be seen
Old 16 Apr 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4046205)   #109
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Remarkable session tbh..... 3rd overall, ahead of Pol Espargaro his teamate, and within 2/10 of Vinales at the top of the times.

Amusing to see MM's lean angle increasing every time he went out..... from 50 degrees then 52/53, then 55/56 before his final full tilt run.

He would have to be happy with that for a return session. No sign of the threatened rain
Very impressive, he's surely not human.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4046221)   #110
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Very impressive, he's surely not human.
Well I'm glad to see it, I wonder if he will push his luck to see how fast he can go like he always used to ?
Oh and by the way Happy Birthday young man
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:16 (Ref:4046226)   #111
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well I'm glad to see it, I wonder if he will push his luck to see how fast he can go like he always used to ?
Oh and by the way Happy Birthday young man
Thanks, probably like you I keep trying to avoid them nowadays! I'm catching you up!
I'd be surprised if MM doesn't push himself as always, just hope he stays in one piece.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4046229)   #112
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
I've not seen or heard anything of the potential return of Dovi in recent days, he was rumoured to testing here for Apriia with a ride from mid season, maybe finance is a stumbling block.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4046238)   #113
S griffin
Veteran

The test with Aprillia is still going ahead AFAIK, but management have denied he’s returning to race this year
Old 16 Apr 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4046251)   #114
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I'd be surprised if MM doesn't push himself as always, just hope he stays in one piece.
Well, MM is back without doubt, and having watched his final flying lap in P2 he was back to his old tricks. Trying to get straight into Q2 he was flying, on time topping pace, when he had a huge moment, looked like he was gone, but pulled it back up and finished the lap. It was still good enough to put him straight into Q2 and even with the half lose was good enough for 6th.

Got to say impressive from Naka as well.... had a huge crash early in the session, flew through the air at 120+Mph, went to the medical centre, got cleared and ran back got on the spare bike and with an injured shoulder popped it into 10th place and a free ride to Q2 also.

They are another breed these guys.
Old 16 Apr 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4046265)   #115
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
.They are another breed these guys.
Yep, and I complain about about a knee problem in the garden!
Btw the commentators were chatting about Dovi's testing at Jerez, evidently he's already been providing feedback to the team and is due to test again. Ignoring the admittedly praiseworthy comments about MM for a moment, this weekend's race looks to be a real ding dong with strong competition from all the top contenders. Vinales look comfortably quick but then so did Miller on the Ducati despite the arm pump operation a few days ago coupled with Espagaro on the Aprilia and the KTM's. The nature of the circuit probably favours the best handling machine rather than the quickest, Oliveira for the double?
Old 17 Apr 2021, 13:01 (Ref:4046409)   #116
S griffin
Veteran

Big crash for Martin in free practice, hope he's not too badly hurt
Old 17 Apr 2021, 17:23 (Ref:4046427)   #117
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
PORTIMAO MOTOGP, PORTUGAL - FULL QUALIFYING RESULTS

1 Fabio Quartararo
2 Alex Rins
3 Johann Zarco
4 Jack Miller AUS
5 Franco Morbidelli
6 Marc Marquez
7 Aleix Espargaro
8 Luca Marini
9 Joan Mir
10 Miguel Oliveira
11 Francesco Bagnaia
12 Maverick Viñales
13 Alex Marquez
14 Pol Espargaro
15 Brad Binder
16 Enea Bastianini
17 Valentino Rossi
18 Danilo Petrucci
19 Iker Lecuona
20 Lorenzo Savadori
21 Takaaki Nakagami

Bagnaia had pole but was given a yellow flag infringement and Vinales best time disallowed for exceeding track limits
I did expect Marquez to be further up from his first stint but Rossi is off the pace.

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 17 Apr 2021 at 17:28.
Old 17 Apr 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4046429)   #118
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Big crash for Martin in free practice, hope he's not too badly hurt
Jorge Martin requires surgery on a fractured hand and foot which has ruled him out of the race
Old 17 Apr 2021, 18:55 (Ref:4046438)   #119
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
MM looked far from comfortable on an ill handling bike, I should think he's well pleased with 6th. With the degree of discomfort he must be experiencing I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him fall away in race conditions.
Old 18 Apr 2021, 18:29 (Ref:4046573)   #120
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I hope Quatararo will keep his head cool and stay away from French journalists… Will see that at Jerez.
Old 19 Apr 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4046673)   #121
S griffin
Veteran

He's looking good at the moment, but there is still a long way to go. I do think he can win the title, he's got it in him
Old 19 Apr 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4046688)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

We’ll see if Fabio continues this form, can’t think of a reason for him not to. He has been at it long enough to know what to do and he’s already a winner coming into the season
Old 19 Apr 2021, 12:06 (Ref:4046694)   #123
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
He's looking good at the moment, but there is still a long way to go. I do think he can win the title, he's got it in him
Agreed that he still has it in him, however he will still be a fair number of points off the leader but of course it hasn't been the same guy winning so far this season. All "ifs n buts" just like a lot of championships I suppose.
The main problem with Marquez as we all know is that he pushes his luck to the crash limit and he has got away with it for years until last year. When he has another off (that he certainly will do this year) I just hope that he doesn't re-damage his arm as that will end his career.
Shame about Sam Lowes it was a "you can't win it on the first lap scenario" as far as I was concerned, but that's easy for us "sofa racing experts" to say.
As for Moto 3 that 16 year old is certainly mature beyond his age and hopefully he will continue to make the rest of the field wonder how he is doing it !
Old 19 Apr 2021, 15:04 (Ref:4046724)   #124
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he did the double last year at Jerez .. and he's favorite this year i'm sure

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Apr 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4046725)   #125
S griffin
Veteran

He’s always been there or thereabouts, he has done a great job in the past. No reason he can’t be champion this year