Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Apr 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4048076)   #226
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
According to Web Car top,
GR Supra GT300 engine (2UR-G) was originally developed for the (suspended?) Lexus RC F GT3 Evo.
https://www.webcartop.jp/2021/04/693966/
Old 30 Apr 2021, 05:16 (Ref:4048605)   #227
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Autosport web is reporting Hiroaki Odashima (MI motorsport director) interview.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/692731?all

Michelin completed the development of tires with pickup countermeasure technology last year.
However, it had not yet been introduced into actual races.
Since they were able to evaluate and verify the anti-pickup tires in the off-season test,
they were able to introduce it to the Okayama round.
The use of anti-pickup tires also required a chassis setup, which worked well.
This anti-pickup tire is a technology that can be used also on other circuits.
Anti-pickup tires for the hot season have also been verified in the Suzuka tire test, so they will introduce it in the Fuji 500km race.
Odashima says that this technology will work effectively in Autopolis etc.

Odashima says the number of initial tire sets should be reduced.
In terms of tire technology, it should be considered not only to improve peak performance, but also to improve performance that makes it last longer.
This is because they can be fed back to commercial tires.
Old 30 Apr 2021, 08:17 (Ref:4048615)   #228
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Masahiko Kondo (Kondo racing, #24) left Johnny's & Associate company and became independent.
He will probably return to the race from the Fuji round
https://www.johnny-associates.co.jp/news/info-463/
Old 1 May 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4048883)   #229
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web reports GT500 development frontline <Toyota>.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/692861?all

Toyota has improved fuel efficiency without losing drivability.
Honda is not using anti-lag, but Toyota has achieved the same fuel efficiency as Honda even if it uses anti-lag.
Toyota has analyzed all the circuits to see where to lift-off (fuel efficiency driving) to be more efficient.

In 2020, Toyota could not reach the potential of the engine due to a defect in a certain parts.
Since the defect was found late, the defect was not resolved even in the second fresh engine.
Therefore, except for qualifying, the engine power was limited.
This was resolved in 2021 and it was possible to fully utilize the engine power in the race.
In addition, they are introducing "plus alpha" technology.
Old 1 May 2021, 08:16 (Ref:4048886)   #230
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web reports GT500 development frontline <Honda>.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/692850?all

2021 Development theme of Honda was utilizing the advantages of MR-layout also for FR-layout.
In 2020, the demerit of MR layout (pickup in rear tires) was added to the demerit of FR layout (pickup in front tires).
Since the development area is limited, Honda chose to develop in a direction that firmly focuses on the optimum circuit (Motegi, etc.).
Honda has developed with the idea that the maximum speed is inferior to Toyota, but the important thing is the total lap time.

With the FR layout, the load on the rear tires has decreased, but this time the burden on the front tires has increased, so reducing the weight of the engine room has become an unavoidable issue for Honda.
Old 2 May 2021, 06:39 (Ref:4049128)   #231
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web reports GT500 development frontline <Nissan>.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/693413?all

2020 was the year when the development freeze on cast parts such as cylinder heads, engine blocks, oil pans and crankshafts was lifted.
NISMO changed the engine name to NR20B last year.
Surprisingly, NISMO changed the engine name to NR4S21 again this year.
Development of cast parts has been frozen in 2021.
However, cutting machining for cast parts is possible and the engine port shape can be changed.
You can also change the piston, connecting rod, and camshaft (this can also be changed with the second fresh engine).
Yuzo Ishikawa (NISMO powertrain development) says that NISMO decided to change the name because it evolved the engine, although the origin of the name is left to the imagination.
In short, the engine performance of the NR4S21 is improving.
He says that anyway, it's all about improving combustion. Review ignition, review compression, review air-fuel mixture. All of these are connected, so if you change this, you must change that too. they are fixing it while repeating it

Regarding the engine, the mileage per test time increased 1.7 times last year despite the test restrictions because the trouble was suppressed.
Motohiro Matsuura (NISMO general director) says that compared to GR Supra, the amount of drag caused by the base vehicle of GTR is disadvantageous.
Old 3 May 2021, 04:16 (Ref:4049324)   #232
Baliwa
Racer

Baliwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
According to Web Car top,
GR Supra GT300 engine (2UR-G) was originally developed for the (suspended?) Lexus RC F GT3 Evo.
https://www.webcartop.jp/2021/04/693966/
I just hope they (Toyota) will find good way of this, as much I love the Supra GT300 I still want see new GT3 from Lexus or GR. I not surprise if GR in future throw Supra as their GT3 car as per comment on that web the car is "perfect" balance between MC and RCF, should be not a problem right on other track in the world?
Old 3 May 2021, 12:38 (Ref:4049392)   #233
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Hitotsuyama racing (#21) was forced to replace the engine after qualifying due to engine trouble.
https://twitter.com/takuroshinohara/...84524865576960
Old 3 May 2021, 22:29 (Ref:4049515)   #234
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With so many JAF GT cars ahead of boring GT3s I'm seduced to "watch" the race, but only via Twitter chats. Out of principle won't pay motorsport a cent.
Old 4 May 2021, 02:16 (Ref:4049528)   #235
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
With so many JAF GT cars ahead of boring GT3s I'm seduced to "watch" the race, but only via Twitter chats. Out of principle won't pay motorsport a cent.
Well, after some considerations I decided to get into monthly subscription, but not on yearly basis. I planned strategically to subscribe & unsubscribe so my money will be only on the months where the Super GT schedule exist. I'm also watch other races which can only be accessed on Motorsport TV.
Old 4 May 2021, 06:01 (Ref:4049534)   #236
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Race day press conference by GTA (Masaaki Bandoh)
https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1322525.html
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/694847?all

*Please tell us about your efforts for carbon neutralization as GTA.
First of all, I would like to introduce carbon neutrality in 2024.
Possible options include EVs, fuel cells, and e-Fuel.
Japan has a carbon neutrality policy as Japan.
According to that, the three manufacturers will cooperate from 2024.
In other words, it depends on the direction of Japanese infrastructure.
For example, in the case of EV, it will be necessary to reduce costs as common parts.
There is also a GT300 class in SGT. Considering that, e-fuel may be desirable first.
In my opinion, I would like to realize e-fuel in 2024 and carbon neutrality in 2030.

*Regarding the regulations that un-winning tire manufacturers can bring in one more initial tire sets.
The regulations has been around for a long time.
Originally, you can bring in 6 sets of initial tires per race week, but un-winning tire makers can bring in another one set.
The race distance will be longer next season.
Tire manufacturers will then have to develop tires that can run longer.

*Does e-fuel mean E20 fuel?
We are considering E10 and E20 fuels.
Currently, in 300km races, we require 25,000 liters of fuel per race.

*About FCY introduction
Since the system is ready, we decided to introduce FCY this round.
Our system uses MYLAPS antennas, SBG softwares, and Lumilamps indicator displays, but we are the only ones using this combination.
This combination is due to the regulations of the Radio Law in Japan.
The system will work fine in Fuji and Suzuka.
However, Autopolis, SUGO and Okayama are still insufficient due to radio wave (Wi-Fi?) conditions.
The important thing is to use FCY to get back to normal racing as soon as possible.

*Some teams are complaining about excessive tire competition?
SGT is a mixed martial art and a real racing.
So I'm not thinking about setting up a BoP for tire competition.
When it comes to GT500, Yokohama and Dunlop don't win that much.
However, in recent years Dunlop has come to a position to compete for the front row in qualifying.
As long as there is such competition, we will not introduce BoP into the tire competition.
Every tire manufacturer makes a corporate effort based on the principle of competition.
I'm not going to neglect it.
BoP will not be introduced until a manufacturer appears that cannot keep up with the tire competition.

*About next season's race distance
For the 300km race, I plan to extend the distance to 350km.
The 500km race might be extended to 560km.

*Doesn't the cost increase as the race distance increases?
We don't increase the initial tire set, so we only increase fuel.
With fewer official tests, the total cost will not change that much.

*Will the ticket price be higher?
That's the area that organizers decide, but I'd like to ask them not to raise prices as customer first.

Last edited by Japanese Samurai; 4 May 2021 at 06:13.
Old 4 May 2021, 07:17 (Ref:4049542)   #237
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Race day press conference by GTA <Part.2>
https://supergt.net/news/single/20876

I would like to race with a power unit with 100% carbon neutral energy in 2030.

Next season, the initial tire set for race week will be reduced.
Old 4 May 2021, 09:46 (Ref:4049572)   #238
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wow, just wow. That should be a real dream race. I'll wait till they upload their stream in free section. I'm so sad for those who couldn't watch it live. Imagine that kind of racing with the most wide tech knowladge comments. One race equals the whole F1 season and 10 years of WEC. Thanks to Super GT for giving us such a great racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvr777 View Post
Well, after some considerations I decided to get into monthly subscription, but not on yearly basis. I planned strategically to subscribe & unsubscribe so my money will be only on the months where the Super GT schedule exist. I'm also watch other races which can only be accessed on Motorsport TV.
A wise move. But a non go for me as our "motosport.tv" talking heads are parsecs away from any tech details whatsoever.
Old 4 May 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4049575)   #239
hvr777
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Wow, just wow. That should be a real dream race. I'll wait till they upload their stream in free section. I'm so sad for those who couldn't watch it live. Imagine that kind of racing with the most wide tech knowladge comments. One race equals the whole F1 season and 10 years of WEC. Thanks to Super GT for giving us such a great racing.

A wise move. But a non go for me as our "motosport.tv" talking heads are parsecs away from any tech details whatsoever.

Yeah the main commentator was still not as I expected, he was still lagged behind everything that just happened. He should be more familiar to each teams & drivers, and not just mentioning the manufacturers (ex. Toyota/Honda/Nissan in GT500 class). But I think it's better than 2019. At this point, THE RACE commentary was still better. I hope the Motorsport TV folks can do something to better their commentary and fast enough to notify & update everything happens on the track.
Old 4 May 2021, 11:40 (Ref:4049591)   #240
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
There is a rumor that Bridgestone team(?) had introduced very long life racing tire (600 km!?) in GT300 for Fuji round.
Old 4 May 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4049595)   #241
hvr777
Veteran

Quote:
There is a rumor that Bridgestone team(?) had introduced very long life racing tire (600 km!?) in GT300 for Fuji round.
If the tyres can last 600 km, that means the teams with BS tyres won't have to change tyres at all on the race.

But how about the grip & the performance? I guess there must be some kind of trade off with the durability.
Old 4 May 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4049596)   #242
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
I don't know if the team actually used that tire.
The news source is Subaru's YouTube distribution.
Old 4 May 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4049643)   #243
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I see the GT86 new version becoming a jaf gt300 car in the future, so what happens to the Supra?
Old 5 May 2021, 01:12 (Ref:4049741)   #244
Baliwa
Racer

Baliwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I see the GT86 new version becoming a jaf gt300 car in the future, so what happens to the Supra?
with current situation Supra should be stay. might be impact to Prius or RCF one of them might be gone, oh well not surprise if APR running 2 different car and K-Tunes switch to that
Old 5 May 2021, 01:16 (Ref:4049742)   #245
hvr777
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Given its competitiveness, GR Supra GT300 will be still around for next seasons. It's possible to build GR86 on traditional JAF-GT spec from scratch, but I think the already established GR Supra will be more preferable especially for teams which want to switch cars for next season.

Anyway, with the GR Supra GT, I'm also glad because number of JAF-GT cars keep increasing, reducing domination of FIA GT3 cars.

But if someone wants to build next-gen Mother Chassis cars, I think GR86 will be the proper one as the base car (regardless of the engine).

Last edited by hvr777; 5 May 2021 at 01:26.
Old 5 May 2021, 05:38 (Ref:4049753)   #246
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Sorry for off topic.
According to Yomiuri Shimbun (newspaper),
Nissan will introduce FIA-GT4 variant race car of 400Z into market.
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/76...8b9f016c95c9fa
Old 5 May 2021, 05:45 (Ref:4049754)   #247
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web is reporting au Supra (#36) race report.
In the article, Tsuboi says he was caught up and made a gap by NSXs during the FCY.
Paddock rumors say that NSX and Supra had different speed limiter setups.
In short, NSX was faster than Supra during FCY.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/695045?all
Old 5 May 2021, 12:09 (Ref:4049815)   #248
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Juichi Wakisaka blog,
Aguri Suzuki and Keiichi Tsuchiya (ARTA) say surely Fukuzumi made a mistake, but he's okay because ARTA (#8) car was shown lot on J-sports TV.
https://ameblo.jp/juichi-wakisaka/en...672526727.html
Old 5 May 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4049818)   #249
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sorry for off topic.

According to Yomiuri Shimbun (newspaper),

Nissan will introduce FIA-GT4 variant race car of 400Z into market.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/76...8b9f016c95c9fa
That seems like a perfectly sensible route to take with the new car.
Old 7 May 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4050164)   #250
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Autosport web is reporting 2021 GT300 tire competition situation.
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/695630?all

Dunlop has introduced new structural tire this season.
The development theme was to eliminate understeering, and as a result, understeering was almost eliminated.
They are also developing a way to prevent the tires from wearing on long runs, which will give them more freedom in machine setup.
BRZ and GR Supra have almost the same tire specifications.
In Okayama, the tires were a compound that emphasized wear resistance over grip, but thanks to the new structure Team Gainer were able to get Pole position.
Yasuda (#11) says that the new structure has allowed him to withstand situations that would have been ruined by tire wear last year. On the other hand, the warm-up performance is not as good, but still, relatively speaking, it's not that bad than rivals.
The concern was that both Gainer cars had been suffered slow punctures in Fuji (left rear tire).

In contrast, Bridgesotne's GT300 tire is a basically same specific as last year.
However, GreenBrave was about to win in Fuji round.
Yokohama-shod Team Kondo (#56) say that they lack total race pace than rivals in Fuji round due to success weight.