Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 May 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4049191)   #26
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
FCY now - the Alfas coming together.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4049192)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FCY, as Kimi breaks his front wing and goes off into the gravel.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4049195)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems that Lewis was caught out by Bottas' choice of when to go - and Max benefits on the restart.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4049196)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Green flag and Verstappen takes second spot from Hamilton. Norris up to 4th.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4049197)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Pre-show, there was mention of how Lewis wanted to feel the experience of being 'the hunted'. It didn't last long, but he is back up into 2nd.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4049199)   #31
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Hamilton dropped Verstappen quickly after getting back up to 2nd. Already in DRS range of Bottas, and looking good at the moment.

Norris also running well, and Tsunoda is once again flouting track limits.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4049201)   #32
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kimis accident was weird. He just drove into Giovinazzi. Wonder if he was trying to change a setting on the steering wheel or something.

Great move by Hamilton on Bottas around the outside of turn 1.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4049202)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Lewis now in the lead - will he disappear off down the road?

It gives him preference on pit stops now.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:34 (Ref:4049203)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Hamilton takes the lead.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4049204)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Smart of Ham to make the move right before he reports his tires have gone. Say what you will but he has the race craft.
Old 2 May 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4049205)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Hamilton's doing remarkably well, for someone whose tyres have gone.
Old 2 May 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4049209)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Lewis, in what was a rather tedious race.
Old 2 May 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4049210)   #38
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
I actually quite enjoyed that one....

...if anything it shows how close the cars are now.

In qualifying I think the red bull has it by a couple of tenths, in the race the Merc is ahead by a couple of tenths.

The drivers are making the difference at the moment....the least mistakes win the race
Old 2 May 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4049213)   #39
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Lewis! Yes Mercedes was fastest, but you still have to convert it.

Was really annoyed with the Perez strategy. Got completely sacrificed in order to give Hamilton a nice tow. I had hoped he still had soft tires for a late dash from the 45th lap or so, but apparently he had no softs left. Very good job from Perez, that's what they got him for.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4049223)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Kimis accident was weird. He just drove into Giovinazzi. Wonder if he was trying to change a setting on the steering wheel or something.
Exactly that:

Raikkonen distracted by switch change on steering wheel when he hit Alfa Romeo team mate Giovinazzi

Kimi Raikkonen has taken the blame for his race-ending clash with Antonio Giovinazzi early in the Portuguese Grand Prix, the Finn saying he made a misjudgement while making a change on his steering wheel.
Old 2 May 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4049227)   #41
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else feel that the fastest tyre strategy would have been medium-soft?
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 2 May 2021, 18:57 (Ref:4049258)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

It did, but Mercedes sensibly decided to give Bottas preference to try and protect his position.
Old 2 May 2021, 20:34 (Ref:4049273)   #43
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Mercedes should have pitted Bottas a lap later, which would have meant that Red Bull would not have had the option to let Verstappen have a go at fastest lap.
Old 2 May 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4049277)   #44
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Since Max had his fastest lap deleted its academic. I wondered about whether Softs would have been the better choice for the last stint, but Perez would seem to have proved that wasn't the case.....he wasn't making any inroads into Bottas.

Have to say Hamilton driving round the outside of Bottas just emphasises the relative abilities........
Old 2 May 2021, 21:12 (Ref:4049285)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Disappointingly dull race really (from the highlights). Normal service has been resumed.
Old 2 May 2021, 23:05 (Ref:4049307)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Bottas needs to win this race, quite badly in my opinion. If he fluffs the start and then falls down the order, the demons are going to be visiting him.....
The start was good...

I was hoping for a Bottas win and maybe just maybe we had a three way for the title. I shall console myself for a two way battle with some top draw talent.
Old 3 May 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4049347)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Decent race IMO. Shame Bottas couldn't hold on, but he gave it a good go. Lewis wins again, but Max second, there is still a long way to go. Just a shame the dreaded track limits came up again. Merc were lucky there. By pitting Bottas, they also gave Max the opportunity to pit and go for FL

Good drive from Checo, after an indifferent start to the season. Once again proved he's second to none in looking after tyres and looked comfortable leading. Shows he's the right choice

Bizarre accident between the Alfas, shame for Kimi there. Good recovery from Ricciardo after his disastrous qualifying. Shame Williams couldn't keep the pace they had in qualifying, but good drive by Mick Schumacher to get ahead of Latifi at the end
Old 3 May 2021, 09:39 (Ref:4049358)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not one of those races that will be remembered but a few good moments
Old 3 May 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4049373)   #49
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I wondered about whether Softs would have been the better choice for the last stint, but Perez would seem to have proved that wasn't the case.....he wasn't making any inroads into Bottas.

Yeah, such a strange track tyre wise. The midfield switched to hards and could barely better Alonso's pace on 30 lap old medium. Perez his lack of pace after his pitstop was quite strange.
Old 3 May 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4049401)   #50
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so Lewis actualy asked for blue flags when he was behind Checo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdBp1AKnOSo