Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Nov 2020, 15:58 (Ref:4017708)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Raceday

Race card to add.

Includes GT and Sports Car Cup Rnd 1
Old 24 Apr 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4047663)   #2
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Race card to add.

Includes GT and Sports Car Cup Rnd 1
International Trophy weekend. Tickets now on sale - seating in Luffield Grandstand. I resolved never to go back to the desolation that is Silverstone but with
Historic F2 added it looks like a fine way to break a long drought without any racing at all.
Old 14 May 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4051681)   #3
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Impressive list of entries:

https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...GP-Circuit.pdf
Old 14 May 2021, 17:12 (Ref:4051687)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Smith View Post
Wow, what a line up! If only the meeting was somewhere other than Sillystone, I'm afraid even with those terrific grids I'll pass in favour of the Brands GT meeting.
Old 14 May 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4051688)   #5
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Where is better to see Can Am cars and F5000 cars let alone F2. Will be good to see them streching their legs!
Old 14 May 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4051689)   #6
Mike Crow
Racer

I can't wait for this. Well done HSCC
I ordered tickets and got an order confirmation but have yet to get the e tickets. Is it normal for them to be so late?
Old 14 May 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4051705)   #7
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I can't wait for this. Well done HSCC
I ordered tickets and got an order confirmation but have yet to get the e tickets. Is it normal for them to be so late?

Mike, information from HSCC Website below, perhaps this applies to spectators:

IMPORTANT NOTE: FRIDAY 14 MAY 2021
Please note that there has been a slight delay with the admission tickets for the Silverstone International Trophy. They are now due to be e-mailed out by Wednesday 19 May.
This covers all competitors, officials and accredited media.
Please accept our apologies for this delay.
Old 15 May 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4051772)   #8
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Mike, information from HSCC Website below, perhaps this applies to spectators:

IMPORTANT NOTE: FRIDAY 14 MAY 2021
Please note that there has been a slight delay with the admission tickets for the Silverstone International Trophy. They are now due to be e-mailed out by Wednesday 19 May.
This covers all competitors, officials and accredited media.
Please accept our apologies for this delay.
Got tickets now. Silverstone don't make it easy.
Old 15 May 2021, 11:48 (Ref:4051775)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Some serious mixes of cars in some of those races......M3s and RS500s on the same grid as Lotus-Cortinas, Imps, an Anglia and an Austin A105, amongst others.......Blue flags will be busy, even on the GP circuit....
Old 17 May 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4052070)   #10
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must admit I'm slightly apprehensive at the prospect of seeing a 4-abreast gaggle of M3/RS500s etc in my mirror approaching Stowe but I'm sure we'll all get on fine...If we all stick to our expected lap times, in a 20 minute race I will be lapped 3 times, which isn't unusual.

Looking forward to a wonderful weekend.
Old 17 May 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4052075)   #11
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if you can buy tickets on the gate?
Old 17 May 2021, 17:21 (Ref:4052079)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Anyone know if you can buy tickets on the gate?
Haven't seen anything one way or the other but I would assume advance tickets only. Silverstone are now doing e-tickets so potentially you could wait until the last minute.

https://hscc.org.uk/wp-content/uploa...ACCESS-MAP.pdf
Spectators will be restricted to a very small area.

https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...club/hscc-faqs
FAQ mentions needing to wear a facemask at all time, so come prepared.
Old 17 May 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4052085)   #13
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Haven't seen anything one way or the other but I would assume advance tickets only. Silverstone are now doing e-tickets so potentially you could wait until the last minute.

https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...club/hscc-faqs
FAQ mentions needing to wear a facemask at all time, so come prepared.
Thanks for posting that; doesn't look much fun God knows why you can't walk round the circuit they'll be less than 500 spectators there.
Old 17 May 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4052094)   #14
eigger
Rookie

eigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grideigger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Thanks for highlighting this. i had been looking forward to this event but having seen the spectator restriction i won't be attending. I'm intrigued to know how Silverstone have interpreted the Covid guidelines - we need to keep people socially distanced so were going to corral them all into one corner of the circuit - baffling.
Old 17 May 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4052105)   #15
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hugely disappointing that Silverstone don't seem to able to get this whole affair sorted sensibly (like some other circuits have done) for the 'umble spectator.
Would be interested to see their viewpoint.
Old 17 May 2021, 21:01 (Ref:4052107)   #16
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Hugely disappointing that Silverstone don't seem to able to get this whole affair sorted sensibly (like some other circuits have done) for the 'umble spectator.
Would be interested to see their viewpoint.
I refuse to become discouraged. Ten splendid grids packed with wonderful cars. A seat undercover. Excellent racing almost certain. £28 for two full days. First day's racing for months. That's enough for me..

Silverstone is a soulless dump I know and they infuriate me too but I will overlook all the bad stuff and make sure I enjoy every minute.
Old 17 May 2021, 21:05 (Ref:4052108)   #17
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I refuse to become discouraged. Ten splendid grids packed with wonderful cars. A seat undercover. Excellent racing almost certain. £28 for two full days. First day's racing for months. That's enough for me..

Silverstone is a soulless dump I know and they infuriate me too but I will overlook all the bad stuff and make sure I enjoy every minute.
Enjoy ! I might be envying your roof at Donington (750MC) and Brands (British GT) respectively ! Planning to see HSCC at Cadwell ...
Old 17 May 2021, 22:25 (Ref:4052117)   #18
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigger View Post
Thanks for highlighting this. i had been looking forward to this event but having seen the spectator restriction i won't be attending. I'm intrigued to know how Silverstone have interpreted the Covid guidelines - we need to keep people socially distanced so were going to corral them all into one corner of the circuit - baffling.
Exactly my thoughts I won't be going now after some consideration. Brands Hatch this weekend instead none of the limited access round the circuit and far better views.
Old 18 May 2021, 01:29 (Ref:4052124)   #19
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

A for effort, sir! Enjoy it indeed
Old 18 May 2021, 12:16 (Ref:4052162)   #20
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Just aside from the stupidity of coralling people into a small area rather than allowing them to spread around a 3.5 mile circuit, if we are limited to one grandstand and a small area (with no view of the track) along one straight, this will confirm my impression that Silverstone see spectators as an irritation they would prefer not to have to deal with outside one or two events a year.
Old 18 May 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4052164)   #21
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Just aside from the stupidity of coralling people into a small area rather than allowing them to spread around a 3.5 mile circuit, if we are limited to one grandstand and a small area (with no view of the track) along one straight, this will confirm my impression that Silverstone see spectators as an irritation they would prefer not to have to deal with outside one or two events a year.

I don't think that this is even true of Sillystone. I attended the GP about 5 years ago with my sons and grandchildren, and we all had three day tickets which entitled you to limited grandstand admittance on the Friday and Saturday. We stood under one grandstand during the Saturday practice and the F1 qualifying, after which the grandstands all emptied out.

We then decided that it would be nice to get into the stand where we were to watch the other races, and it took a lot of effort to persuade the two officials standing at the entrance to allow us to go in as they were guarding a grandstand that had probably no more than a dozen people in it..

I can well understand that we shouldn't be allowed to enter whilst the F1 cars were on track or might be later, but it made no sense to stop us when there were unlikely to be a huge crown descending on the stand.
Old 18 May 2021, 16:43 (Ref:4052183)   #22
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The FAQ on the Silverstone website no longer makes any reference to roving areas. It also originally said masks in stand only, now masks are required everywhere on site.

I would not have bought tickets had these conditions been in place at the time. I’ll be asking for a refund - I expect they will dig their heels in citing Ts&Cs but at least the complaint will be registered.
Old 18 May 2021, 21:33 (Ref:4052211)   #23
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be weather depending attending this for both days.

Seems a right confusing mess reading the different covid facts and as for the spectator map well that does sum up Silverstone. For me its okay as I dont tend to move much.

No matter what will just be happy to see cars in face rather than on a timing screen and enjoy it for what it is.

Miss the paddock walks though...
Old 19 May 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4052255)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I admire your fortitude but it's not for me, I love historic and classic racing but I'll wait for the Masters at Brands and a trip to Cadwell later on.

Last edited by justracing; 19 May 2021 at 12:38.
Old 19 May 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4052260)   #25
Mike Crow
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I admire your fortitude but it's not for me, I love historic and classic racing but I'll wait for the Masters at Brands and a trip to Cadwell later on.
Seems I am in a minority of one here then. Never mind. I will try on Monday to describe the visceral experience of 24 litres of three Can Am cars in a drag race into Woodcote, the ear splitting howl of 30 F2 engines, the flame throwing RS500s and Nissans, the mayhem of 40 FFs and on and on and on. Who needs to rove? Can't wait.