Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 May 2021, 19:30 (Ref:4053966)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I never got to see that on the stream (no replays) but it must have been pretty scary.

Hugely enjoyed the coverage and the wonderfully entertaining, enthusiastic and informative commentary!

EDIT - just watched the video. Very scary. Lucky to walk away from that....
Old 30 May 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4053969)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hugely enjoyed the coverage and the wonderfully entertaining, enthusiastic and informative commentary!
Ditto.
Old 30 May 2021, 20:14 (Ref:4053975)   #28
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back from an enjoyable day at Brands. Not seen any footage yet of any of the incidents, but just to say that watching the Minis through Hawthorns was probably worth the admission fee alone ... Photos to follow.
Old 30 May 2021, 20:58 (Ref:4053979)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Yes, except for the many times that they talked over each other, with the result that it was nigh on impossible to understand what either of them were saying. It made me appreciate why Murray Walker would only allow one microphone when he was teamed with James Hunt (which annoyed James hugely); I cannot remember whether the same happened when Martin Brundle joined the team.
Old 31 May 2021, 07:36 (Ref:4054017)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yes, except for the many times that they talked over each other, with the result that it was nigh on impossible to understand what either of them were saying. It made me appreciate why Murray Walker would only allow one microphone when he was teamed with James Hunt (which annoyed James hugely); I cannot remember whether the same happened when Martin Brundle joined the team.
Strangely that didn't bother me - when it normally would. Their enthusiasm and bottomless pit of knowledge was totally infectious - even my wife (who was doing a jigsaw at the time!) enjoyed their banter.
Old 31 May 2021, 07:40 (Ref:4054020)   #31
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Strangely that didn't bother me - when it normally would. Their enthusiasm and bottomless pit of knowledge was totally infectious - even my wife (who was doing a jigsaw at the time!) enjoyed their banter.
They are a knowledgeable pair but I did notice that Paul Ricard moved to Italy at one stage yesterday. I can forgive them that !
Old 31 May 2021, 07:59 (Ref:4054022)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh there were quite a few little errors here and there but I haven't found a perfect commentator yet!
Old 31 May 2021, 08:28 (Ref:4054025)   #33
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm another one in the "didn't enjoy them" camp. But one can't please all the people all the time so I'm sure it doesn't matter. They probably did a better job than I could.

(PS Who are they? I didn't hear the names)

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 31 May 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4054027)   #34
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
I think it was Mark Werrell and Chris Dawes.
Old 31 May 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4054031)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pretty sure it was Andrew Marriott.
Old 31 May 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4054032)   #36
RAP
Racer

RAP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the commentary pretty poor because Andrew Marriott kept butting in and saying "yes" to everything Christopher Tate said. Didn't seem to add much value with his comments either; better as an interviewer.

Still, at least we should be grateful for the coverage.
Old 31 May 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4054035)   #37
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Ah, I was talking about circuit comms rather than streaming.
Old 31 May 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4054049)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAP View Post
I thought the commentary pretty poor because Andrew Marriott kept butting in and saying "yes" to everything Christopher Tate said. Didn't seem to add much value with his comments either; better as an interviewer.

Still, at least we should be grateful for the coverage.
I completely disagree. I wasn't put off too much by the overtalking and enjoyed their enthusiastic commentary.
Old 2 Jun 2021, 07:04 (Ref:4054313)   #39
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has anyone heard an update on how Carlos Monteverde is after his crash? I've seen a few comments on places but nothing official.
Old 2 Jun 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4054350)   #40
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums

Full set of Sunday galleries here. Another use a single lens day - although the 70-200mm is about the best lens to choose !
Old 4 Jun 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4054645)   #41
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Album of Endurance Racing Legends pics: https://bit.ly/3z4lbXh

An album of pre-66 Touring and GTs to follow.

For those interested, all my pics are taken using a Nikon D500 with a 70-300mm lens. I only change shutter speed, the camera (which is much smarter than me) sets everything else.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 07:06 (Ref:4055249)   #42
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Album of Touring & GT cars: https://bit.ly/3z8XbCw

Mix of Masters Pre-66 Touring, Gentleman Drivers and Equippe GTS.

Reflecting my personal preferences, lots of pics of American V8 monsters and none of fake Cortinas and twinked Minis. Please forgive my heresy .

I hope you enjoy!
Old 8 Jun 2021, 08:52 (Ref:4055263)   #43
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Reflecting my personal preferences, lots of pics of American V8 monsters and none of fake Cortinas and twinked Minis. Please forgive my heresy .

I hope you enjoy!

As someone who actually raced against the Yank V8 tanks when they arrived here in the first instance, I can assure you that they perform in a quite different way now. I would assume that is because they are no longer in the same specification that they were then probably due to advances in engine performance, suspension techniques, tyre adhesion and so on, not forgetting body rigidity.

And the same, obviously, applies to pretty well most of the current grids and not just at Goodwood.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4055301)   #44
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As someone who actually raced against the Yank V8 tanks when they arrived here in the first instance, I can assure you that they perform in a quite different way now.
Absolutely. I am fully aware that the Daytona which beached itself in the gravel at Paddock Hill is not an original car worth $30m .

I think it’s a shame the Cortinas no longer corner on three wheels but I am under no illusion that they are the only cars to have had their eccentricities engineered out.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4055309)   #45
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Album of Touring & GT cars I hope you enjoy!
I did, thank you!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 10:23 (Ref:4055516)   #46
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Thanks for making it easier. Though calling me young on heres getting harder now I'm 19 nearly. Crazy the years flowing by.

Some cracking grids on there. Would these grids been as good without covid? Hmm tough one.
I'm 49 and still considered young by some! Kiddo!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4055522)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I'm 49 and still considered young by some! Kiddo!
You are a mere lad
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 10 Jun 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4055541)   #48
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Age creeps up on you - seeing what's classed as "historic" now is a bit of a reality check!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4055556)   #49
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Age creeps up on you - seeing what's classed as "historic" now is a bit of a reality check!
Even for me thats happening. Saw the LMP3 Cup 3 years ago and now seeing those cars in historics. Good call though.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4055719)   #50
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Yes! early company cars out racing in 'historics'

Its also a reality check that my first car, a MK1 Cortina in 1990 was 25 years old and considered a classic, that was over 30 years ago and I'm still driving the same old crap!

I was riding a 2 year old vespa than, now a 60 year old Lambretta to work!