Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:00 (Ref:4055663)   #1926
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so that would be:

Belgium Aug 29th
Netherlands Sept 5
Italy on the sept 12th
a week break
Russia on the 26th
back to Italy for Oct 3rd (as the possible Sing replacement)
then Japan the following week on the 10th
a week off (potential addition of another race at COTA)
the existing USGP for the 24th
Mexico for the 31st
Brazil the following week on Nov 7th
2 week break
OZ on the 21 (a longer break if it doesnt happen)
SA Dec 5th
Abu Dhabi on Dec 12th

thats a lot of races and crisscross travel in 3 mos with a possibility that there may be a month off before the Middle East races???

maybe they should be fine with some cancelled races?
Scratch/replace Japan,Mexico,Brazil and Australia from that list.
Substitutes COTA2,Turkey + ?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 11:56 (Ref:4055711)   #1927
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Knockhill.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 14:42 (Ref:4055743)   #1928
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post

Turkey has dropped off the calendar.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 14:55 (Ref:4055745)   #1929
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Turkey has dropped off the calendar.
But may be recalled as a sub later in the year!

I see the 2 Latin American, Japanese and Oz rounds going.
Possible all 4 venues replaced or just 2 but with double headers to keep the numbers up. Austin as we know is already discussed, the other will probably be in the Med' or one of the Middle Èastern venues?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 17:25 (Ref:4055766)   #1930
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don’t see why they need to keep the numbers up, with more than 20 GPs, it wouldn’t matter if a few dropped off
Old 11 Jun 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4055770)   #1931
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Because they ran contracts with official partners, sponsors and those who provide money with X number of events. You don't meet that target and you better expect lawyers will be showing up asking for a refund
Old 11 Jun 2021, 18:49 (Ref:4055777)   #1932
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Because they ran contracts with official partners, sponsors and those who provide money with X number of events. You don't meet that target and you better expect lawyers will be showing up asking for a refund
True - some of this is covered in the sporting regulations:

5.4 The maximum number of Events in the Championship is 23, the minimum is 8.
5.5 The final list of Events is published by the FIA before 1 January each year.
5.6 An Event which is cancelled with less than three months’ written notice to the FIA will not be considered for inclusion in the following year's Championship unless the FIA judges the cancellation to have been due to force majeure.

I think some of the clamour for events to be held is part of 5.6 - i.e., a venue that manages to hold their event (or a substitute event) holds a better chance of being included in future years.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4055782)   #1933
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post

Well in that case, it shows why the number of races should be capped at less than 19
Old 11 Jun 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4055792)   #1934
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Melbourne wont happen and i hope it doesn't, idiots who run the state of Victoria deserve to lose the event, even though they spent millions altering 1 corner!
Government has said we wont have open borders until well into 2022 and MotoGP has already been cancelled at Phillip Island.
Replace it with Mugello
Old 11 Jun 2021, 23:05 (Ref:4055801)   #1935
S griffin
Veteran

THE F1 COVID THREAD: Will GP be cancelled?

I would love to see how that corner changes the layout. I have missed the Oz GP quite a lot
Old 11 Jun 2021, 23:08 (Ref:4055802)   #1936
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I would love to see how that corner changes the layout. I have missed the Oz GP quite a lot
The simulations strongly suggest it won't increase overtaking chances. More likely the opposite.

I'd rather see the GP at a proper circuit. Phillip Island, Eastern Creak or Talem Bend would be epic.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 06:47 (Ref:4055826)   #1937
S griffin
Veteran

Or how about a return to Adelaide?
Old 12 Jun 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4055827)   #1938
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The simulations strongly suggest it won't increase overtaking chances. More likely the opposite.

I'd rather see the GP at a proper circuit. Phillip Island, Eastern Creak or Talem Bend would be epic.

I would far prefer the event to take place at Bathurst. I believe that it would severely test the drivers.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 09:20 (Ref:4055830)   #1939
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would far prefer the event to take place at Bathurst. I believe that it would severely test the drivers.
Mike, i'm not sure if you knew about when Jenson Button came out with a McLaren F1 (V10) to do a Vodafone car swap thing with a V8SC. He put in a few laps in the F1 car as well as V8SC laps.

On board the F1 car: https://youtu.be/fZXdW7j64FE

Jenson commented that it was very bumpy, indeed too bumpy to race on. He enjoyed it though.

Some other non onboard footage of him at Bathurst and comments.
https://youtu.be/NHvkhlP4XUU

Oh and (obviously) he broke the outright lap record by some 15+seconds IIRC

Back in the day from the thirties to late fifties of course Bathurst was used a few times for the Australian GP in its non championship days

Last edited by E.B; 12 Jun 2021 at 09:27.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 09:32 (Ref:4055833)   #1940
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Or how about a return to Adelaide?
Not going to happen. SA government binned off the Supercars event in the city, presumably as a result of the money they've indeed at The Bend Motorsport Park.

They gave many other reasons based on the costs of running the event, but the Adelaide branding is all over the Bend now.

I know my wife's rellies who live in the city are very pleased that they don't get the travel disruption any more!
Old 12 Jun 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4055840)   #1941
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Not going to happen. SA government binned off the Supercars event in the city, presumably as a result of the money they've indeed at The Bend Motorsport Park.

They gave many other reasons based on the costs of running the event, but the Adelaide branding is all over the Bend now.

I know my wife's rellies who live in the city are very pleased that they don't get the travel disruption any more!
I think also that the old extended GP circuit (the Supercars only used a shortened version) now has a lot of redevelopment going on that has resulted in some roads used now being either not there or re-routed.

The current State government opposition have vowed, if voted in, to get the (Supercars) race back on..... obviously as much as residents may object to tens of thousands of extras around the city, the local traders, hotels and restaurants loved it.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4055849)   #1942
S griffin
Veteran

Last time I checked, the roads are still there on the old extended version. There might even be some kerbs still there
Old 12 Jun 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4055852)   #1943
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think also that the old extended GP circuit (the Supercars only used a shortened version) now has a lot of redevelopment going on that has resulted in some roads used now being either not there or re-routed.
I think the redevelopment of the Old Brewery into apartments has happened since the extended circuit was last used? Getting approval to run motorsport along Rundle Road onto Dequetteville seems unlikely.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4055861)   #1944
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the International Circuit at The Bend Motorsport Park.

Here's the link to the other layouts.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/aust...l#.YMS3eO8o-nE
Old 12 Jun 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4055870)   #1945
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
This is the International Circuit at The Bend Motorsport Park.
Would there be any (genuine) appetite to spend money upgrading to FIA 1?
I know the owners say they might, but what return would they want for doing so?
Old 13 Jun 2021, 07:12 (Ref:4056057)   #1946
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Would there be any (genuine) appetite to spend money upgrading to FIA 1?
I know the owners say they might, but what return would they want for doing so?
Even if they did getting a track layout to F1 standard is only a very small part of running a Grand Prix.The location of The Bend means it couldn’t handle movement of Albert Park sized crowds in and out of the venue even if the state government was willing to fund the whole thing.
Also as much as I loved Adelaide at the time-and I went to all the Grand Prix there except for the last one-it had pretty much outgrown the venue 25 years ago.Think of F1 around St Petersburg and that’s pretty much what F1 around Adelaide would be like now.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:29 (Ref:4056213)   #1947
S griffin
Veteran

I think Albert Park is probably the ideal location then. Ok it isn’t the best circuit in Australia, but it’s better than others on the calendar and the atmosphere is always great there

Would be great if we did go back to Adelaide, although that is unlikely to happen. But it was the ideal place to end the year IMHO
Old 14 Jun 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4056379)   #1948
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone now won't be able to have a crowd on July 18. I assume it will have to run with the 4000 max, unless they can work out some other arrangement. It's an absolute catastrophe for them financially as I very much doubt they will have been able to get insurance.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4056380)   #1949
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed, I just mentioned that in conversation.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4056389)   #1950
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Silverstone now won't be able to have a crowd on July 18. I assume it will have to run with the 4000 max, unless they can work out some other arrangement. It's an absolute catastrophe for them financially as I very much doubt they will have been able to get insurance.
Unless they have had the foresight to apply to be a Govenment test event like the 2nd Test