Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:50 (Ref:4056179)   #76
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, pretty disappointing, I was hoping he'd make Speedworks a two-car team...
Yeah, Butel is another driver who seems pretty hopeless.
Will see how it shapes up across the season (give them all some more time) but for now it looks like a second league is being created for Parfitt, Butel, Smelt, Hamilton and possibly Edwards.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4056197)   #77
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yes, pretty disappointing, I was hoping he'd make Speedworks a two-car team...
Yeah, Butel is another driver who seems pretty hopeless.
Will see how it shapes up across the season (give them all some more time) but for now it looks like a second league is being created for Parfitt, Butel, Smelt, Hamilton and possibly Edwards.
Why ‘possibly’ Edwards....she didn’t do anything in 3 years of Clio Cup and has shown nothing to suggest that she is a future star in BTCC. Jess Hawkins has shown her the way with limited experience in touring cars....
Old 13 Jun 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4056199)   #78
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So both Porsche races have the guy crossing second being awarded the win. Well done Jewiss on the win, but that’s bad for King. Still looks like it will be close in the championship this year

Anyway, BTCC R3 next, Jelley on pole, we’ll see what him and team mate Oliphant can do from the front row. Jelley certainly is reminding everyone of how good he is now he has a great car under him
Old 13 Jun 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4056200)   #79
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Why ‘possibly’ Edwards....she didn’t do anything in 3 years of Clio Cup and has shown nothing to suggest that she is a future star in BTCC. Jess Hawkins has shown her the way with limited experience in touring cars....
You may be right but let's see. She retired in both races at Thruxton so still didn't have a lot of chances to show what she can do. Although yes, considering hype that surrounded her when she joined the championship, she's done very poorly so far. But as I say, still early days. For Butel or Smelt there's little excuse, Parfitt, well, I sort of expected him to do like that. Hamilton already has quite a number of races under his belt and I can't see him moving up in the future.

On a more positive note, great to see Jack Goff in the top 10. He's been doing quite solid so far in a Cupra.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4056202)   #80
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
The way the infiniti passes people like they're stopped is absolute bull crap. No way Sutton is that much better than everyone else and you're deluded if you think he is.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4056207)   #81
Matt K
Veteran

I think Sutton is really that good. Moffat or Boardley perform significantly worse.
Fantastic drive from Ingram and I'm really happy for him and the whole team. Honestly I expected them to do really well and am not disappointed.
At the same time bad luck for Oliphant, quite a shame Jelley couldn't hold on to a podium.

Shedden punting Jelley on the straight part of the track was...well, embarassing.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4056208)   #82
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the car was that good we'd be seeing Moffat & Boardley well up there too, and they're not.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4056210)   #83
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Early days but I don't think any driver/ car combination is going to be able to beat Ash in that Infiniti - people like Colin will be somewhere near still by the time we get to Brands GP but that Infiniti with Ash behind the wheel is looking like the best overall package as long as he can qualify it relatively well and finish the races
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4056211)   #84
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or Lord Gow will intervene
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:13 (Ref:4056212)   #85
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't there effectively 3 teams running the Infinitis? (Boardley Motorsport/BMR Racing/Aidan Moffat Racing).

It is as much the team setting up the car as it is the driver.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4056216)   #86
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Three great races today. Well done Tingram for giving both Hyundai and Excelr8 a first win.

Sutton once again showing his class and is looking good for another title. It’s nice to see the increased ballast for this year doesn’t make it too hard to progress up the field

Shedden has clearly still got it, he just needs a clean weekend. Although I didn’t like him driving into Jelley in R3 coming out the hairpin. OJ made great starts in all three races, shame he got involved in incidents in R3.

Well done Jade Edwards on getting his first point in R3, we’ll see how she progresses

So nice to see crowds back, must attend a race meeting again ASAP
Old 13 Jun 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4056240)   #87
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i enjoyed all three races to, can't wait until i can actually watch from the track, fingers crossed it will be soon
Old 13 Jun 2021, 19:24 (Ref:4056247)   #88
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Aren't there effectively 3 teams running the Infinitis? (Boardley Motorsport/BMR Racing/Aidan Moffat Racing).

It is as much the team setting up the car as it is the driver.
There are three different TBL's but as far as the team side of things goes (as far as I know) they are all run from Team HARD headquarters with BMR staff.

Engineers make a huge difference though as Ingram has shown.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4056257)   #89
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Great drive from Ash - soft tyres and no weight definitely did help but it's still a remarkable effort.
Great race overall and I suppose I'm not the only one who'd like to see Hawkins stay for the rest of the season? She's doing not a bad job and has beaten Edwards in all sessions so far if I'm not wrong.
Shedden seems to be struggling...
Jess Hawkins did show promise, She showed pace in one of the practice sessions I believe.

She made a bad start to all three races though. Think that is something she needs to work on.

Jade Edwards had a decent race3
Old 13 Jun 2021, 20:05 (Ref:4056258)   #90
mattcanary
Racer

Quote:
Ahhh I knew someone will have an issue with this.
As for Smelt he's been probably the biggest disappointment so far. Hadn't expected him to fight for podiums but likewise I hadn't expected him to be so slow. Basically he's among the very slowest drivers and often worst of them all. Quite disappointing.
I think Sam Smelt had issues today. He dropped down the field in the first two races, (spins?). Third race he retired after again dropping positions about two third of the way through the race.

(I don;t have full details - I was at Snetterton today. Watched the first race at Russell, second and third race at Brundle/Nelson.
The were not the places to see the action in the BTCC races today - although Brundle/Nelson saw a lot of action in some of the support races.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4056259)   #91
mattcanary
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I was pleasantly surprised that he scored points at Thruxton, but that's looking a bit anomalous now. Sad finally seeing a second Toyota for it to be wasted. Expected more from Parfitt too.

As for Butel....
Jack Butel had a decent enough third race. Rick Parfitt seemed to be struggling badly in practice. Looked to be rather lairy through Nelson/brundle, although I think he had got to grips with it on race day.

A bad day for Jason Plato. Third race considering he had no ballast, was particularly poor. He was behind Jade Edwards but was hardly looking like he would get past. Was then overtaken by a recovering Tom Olliphant to finish out of the points again. Dan Lloyd certainly had the upper-hand over him here, at a track where Jason ahs often gone well at.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4056260)   #92
mattcanary
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
So both Porsche races have the guy crossing second being awarded the win. Well done Jewiss on the win, but that’s bad for King. Still looks like it will be close in the championship this year

Anyway, BTCC R3 next, Jelley on pole, we’ll see what him and team mate Oliphant can do from the front row. Jelley certainly is reminding everyone of how good he is now he has a great car under him
Harry King did not seem impressed by the decision. Raced round the track after completing the race miles in front of anyone else, with no acknowldegnt of the crowd. I think he was royally ****ed off!
Old 13 Jun 2021, 20:52 (Ref:4056267)   #93
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcanary View Post
I think Sam Smelt had issues today. He dropped down the field in the first two races, (spins?). Third race he retired after again dropping positions about two third of the way through the race.

(I don;t have full details - I was at Snetterton today. Watched the first race at Russell, second and third race at Brundle/Nelson.
The were not the places to see the action in the BTCC races today - although Brundle/Nelson saw a lot of action in some of the support races.
I watched the first two races from the Bentley straight and the Smelt car had a different sound to the Butcher Toyota - something similar to a splitter dragging on the track or a very slightly 'off' exhaust.

That was a hot day today, and there's going to be some very sunburned spectators in the morning!
Old 13 Jun 2021, 22:13 (Ref:4056281)   #94
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
What's happening with Chilton? Expected him to be bang on par with Morgan (who I expected to be ahead of Jelley & Oliphant).
Ask yourself why no team mate or Morgan's has never done well... Rumors are that things are not equal within the garage.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 05:14 (Ref:4056296)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcanary View Post
A bad day for Jason Plato. Third race considering he had no ballast, was particularly poor. He was behind Jade Edwards but was hardly looking like he would get past. Was then overtaken by a recovering Tom Olliphant to finish out of the points again. Dan Lloyd certainly had the upper-hand over him here, at a track where Jason ahs often gone well at.
Yes the Vauxhalls seemed to be quite off the pace this weekend, although at least Lloyd got into the top 10 shootout. Plato though didn't even get a point after such a strong weekend at Thruxton
Old 14 Jun 2021, 06:32 (Ref:4056300)   #96
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All 29 cars finished R1- when was the last time that happened?
Old 14 Jun 2021, 06:41 (Ref:4056302)   #97
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
All 29 cars finished R1- when was the last time that happened?
And no safety cars in any of the BTCC races. It was very unusual.

Race 1 was processional, but the laters races were better. Suttons and then Sheddon / Cook livened up the later races with their excellents drives through the field.

I am no fan of this track layout - it's too long, and on TV at least it is hard to get to know the track properly.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 08:22 (Ref:4056307)   #98
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I attended both days of the weekend and was genuinely surprised by the no. of spectators there yesterday. The car park was as full as I've seen it when there haven't been restrictions in place and I'm sure the attendance was over 4000.
It was a tad annoying to not have any big screens for race day given how big Snetterton is and how little you see of the cars once they've come past. Everyone had paid the same amount of money as usual but were ultimately offered less. I'd chosen to get a seat in the grandstand at the bombhole which worked out well in terms of social distancing compared to the banking at Nelsons/Brundle which was rammed with people.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 08:32 (Ref:4056309)   #99
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think they should try the 200 layout at some point. The 300 layout for me is just too long a lap.
Old 14 Jun 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4056315)   #100
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Ask yourself why no team mate or Morgan's has never done well... Rumors are that things are not equal within the garage.
It's a difficult one. Driver 1 is the team owner's son, but driver 2 brings the big bucks and probably contributed a lot to the cost of the car build.