Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4057405)   #76
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
12th in a race with no retirements. I can see why that impresses.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4057410)   #77
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think the team screwed Bottas today. He was bang on with his radio call about "why didn't you listen?".
Sure but his job and his previous results this season should indicate he was going to have to accept some screwing somewhere.

Plus they already gave him Hamilton's car.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4057414)   #78
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
12th in a race with no retirements. I can see why that impresses.
Good or decent maybe but surely not outstanding.

Had the usual awful early laps too.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 18:35 (Ref:4057453)   #79
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I think the team screwed Bottas today. He was bang on with his radio call about "why didn't you listen?".
Got the favorable pit stop call in the first round of pit stops. Couldn’t use the undercut to get past Verstappen as he was too far behind. And his in and out wasn’t as impressive as Max’s (I haven’t compared sectors of those laps).

And as Hamilton said the only way to beat Red Bull today was to try and make a one stop work. A two stop would have probably put Bottas 4th.

I was surprised they didn’t bring him in at the end for the shot at the FL.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4057454)   #80
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Good or decent maybe but surely not outstanding.

Had the usual awful early laps too.
I thought it very good. My point was more that I can see how it can be viewed as impressive and that didn’t deserve to be dismissed.

Back to the thread topic. Will Russell be in a Merc next year? I don’t know, but at least he’s avoiding bad pit stops at the moment.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4057459)   #81
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I was surprised they didn’t bring him in at the end for the shot at the FL.
Big gap to Norris so there was a window.

Might not have had a fresh set of tires? Attention on the lead battle? Were more then a little mad Bottas yelled at them over the radio?

I do find that last one hard to believe, but im thinking the relationship is done.
Old 20 Jun 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4057485)   #82
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Big gap to Norris so there was a window.
Toto said the reason they did not go for that was they believed that Sergio was going to get a penalty for track limits in the pass of Bottas, in which case they would have potentially lost 3rd place points by stopping. As Toto said, they gambled and lost.
(Just like to point out that even if Sergio had been pinged for track limits with a 5 second penalty, in the end Sergio finished over 5 seconds ahead of Bottas so it would not have worked anyway. ie they should have gone for the F/L)
Old 20 Jun 2021, 19:58 (Ref:4057487)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Toto said the reason they did not go for that was they believed that Sergio was going to get a penalty for track limits in the pass of Bottas, in which case they would have lost 3rd place points. As he said they gambled and lost.
Ah, makes sense. Thanks.
Quote:
Just like to point out that even if Sergio had been pinged for track limits with a 5 second penalty, in the end Sergio finished over 5 seconds ahead so it would not have worked anyway. ie they should have gone for the F/L
There is only one thing to say to that. Bottas.
Old 21 Jun 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4057685)   #84
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
indeed. thanks for clearing that up for me E.B.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4057905)   #85
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I think people are being too harsh on the guys in their first year with new teams this year. All of them seem to have started slower than usual, from Alonso to vettel to perez to Ricciardo to tsunoda to (lol) mazepin. The lack of a normal offseason to prepare seems to have been an issue. Now 7 races in, vettel looks much better, Alonso and ricciardo as well. So from this point on, let's see how close these guys are to their teammates.

Massively impressed, at the same time, that ocon has taken it to Alonso anyway.

Pretty apparent bottas is racing for himself this year. Or should be. He isnt long for mercedes, even if he lasts through 2022. And most of his trouble this season has been bad luck again.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 03:05 (Ref:4057935)   #86
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
All of them seem to have started slower than usual, from Alonso to vettel to perez to Ricciardo to tsunoda to (lol) mazepin. The lack of a normal offseason to prepare seems to have been an issue. Now 7 races in, vettel looks much better, Alonso and ricciardo as well.
What about Perez? Except for Emilia Romagna he has finished 5th or better all year including 1 win and a 3rd.. hes 3rd in the points so far.
Definitely the best result for a RB #2 in years

To me the disappointment is Shu2. He has had his share of offs and is sometimes slower than haasaspin. I know its a dog car, but I expected him to embarrass his team mate
Old 24 Jun 2021, 04:36 (Ref:4057939)   #87
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
What about Perez? Except for Emilia Romagna he has finished 5th or better all year including 1 win and a 3rd.. hes 3rd in the points so far.
Definitely the best result for a RB #2 in years

To me the disappointment is Shu2. He has had his share of offs and is sometimes slower than haasaspin. I know its a dog car, but I expected him to embarrass his team mate
Agree re: Perez. He is everything RB have ever wanted in a number 2, even in the Webber era.

As for Mick...in the races both have finished:
France: Mick 14.1s ahead
Baku: Mick 0.07s ahead
Monaco: Mazepin 1.4s ahead
Spain: Mick 49.8s ahead
Portugal: Mick 67.4s ahead
Imola: Mick 68.2s ahead

He's beaten him 5-1 in races at an average of 40 seconds ahead on track.

If that's not "embarrassing" a teammate in equal machinery both graduating from F2 at the same time I'm not sure what is.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4057950)   #88
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Looking ahead again, Will there be any seats for the top guys in F2?

There's a quality bunch at the sharp end but a few of then will probably need another year before they are ready to move up.

Ferrari, Renault and Red Bull all have a couple of potential aces.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4057958)   #89
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Zhou is being groomed to be in F1, so we'll see if he can find a berth next year
Old 24 Jun 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4057960)   #90
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Zhou is being groomed to be in F1, so we'll see if he can find a berth next year
Strong suggestion deal done with Williams.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 10:32 (Ref:4057967)   #91
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So does that hint at a Russell to Merc deal done? I cant see Latifi going anywhere considering the cash he brings.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4057975)   #92
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
So does that hint at a Russell to Merc deal done? I cant see Latifi going anywhere considering the cash he brings.
I think Russell is out of contract anyway?
Old 24 Jun 2021, 13:12 (Ref:4057986)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
If Zhou is going to Williams, that would really open up a can of worms.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4058000)   #94
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ssell-question

Hamilton's contract, along with Russell and Bottas, comes to an end this year, with Mercedes boss Toto Wolff hoping to sign Hamilton on a 'multi-year deal,' however, the Briton remained coy about the details.

"We have begun discussions, and, not a lot to say - just we have had discussions and things are positive so... and yes, Valtteri is my team-mate now, and both of us have had ups and downs in our careers, but as I said he is a fantastic team-mate and I don't necessarily think that needs to change."

When pushed by Tom Clarkson in the FIA's F1 press conference on Thursday for a word on Russell as a viable option, Hamilton replied "Doing what?"
Old 24 Jun 2021, 15:10 (Ref:4058001)   #95
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Italian Press is reporting that Nyck de Vries is currently the main block to anyone from F2 moving up.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4058002)   #96
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
cant see Latifi or his cash leaving either. and if Zhou or other junior is Russell's replacement with GR going to Merc, looking like Bottas may be the one without a seat.

not too many seats not otherwise already spoken for. AT but they have their own ladder, Alfa but if they leave, Sauber will fill their seats with money, Haas likewise are rentals and Bottas is not a driver who comes with money.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4058008)   #97
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
cant see Latifi or his cash leaving either. and if Zhou or other junior is Russell's replacement with GR going to Merc, looking like Bottas may be the one without a seat.

not too many seats not otherwise already spoken for. AT but they have their own ladder, Alfa but if they leave, Sauber will fill their seats with money, Haas likewise are rentals and Bottas is not a driver who comes with money.
I’m sure Latifi would like a better drive, depends if anyone wants him.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 16:03 (Ref:4058009)   #98
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
I’m sure Latifi would like a better drive, depends if anyone wants him.
im sure someone will want him...a well funded child of a billionaire is a nice toy to have!
Old 24 Jun 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4058011)   #99
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/24/...-as-team-mate/

Interesting...

If not, and Russell replaces him, I could see Bottas replacing Raikkonen at Alfa Romeo. Kimi is having a poor season and it might be time for him to retire. Despite Giovinazzi's good start to the season, I don't think he has done enough to suggest he will ever be a Ferrari driver, so Ferrari may drop him from that second seat to be replaced by one of their juniors (Ilott or Schwartzman, maybe).

Zhou to Williams would be a good move if Russell leaves. It would be nice to see De Vries in Formula 1 as he is an F2 champion, but I think this is unlikely. I expect Latifi to remain at Williams, as there aren't really any seats higher up the grid available to him.
Old 24 Jun 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4058015)   #100
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think an interesting part of that article is the comment that Lewis wants to keep Bottas as his teammate. I can imagine that overall, he wants to avoid creating a situation like 2016. While 2016 was entertaining for the fans, it was not for Lewis and not for Mercedes. If George is able to really challenge Lewis in a way that Bottas has not, then sparks may fly.

The question is... Does Mercedes want to protect/placate Lewis now or start building for a post-Lewis Mercedes F1? Probably not an easy decision.

Richard