Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jun 2021, 12:44 (Ref:4057885)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I had Moderna too, Joe, and my beloved went for Pfizer just to show who's the boss or spread the risk, I dunno! As to having a piece of Côte d'Azur in England hope it works bar flooding they have sometimes there!
We are so close to the sea we'll wash ashore in France if we do flood. We're Closer to Dieppe than half of London
Old 23 Jun 2021, 12:53 (Ref:4057888)   #27
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah OK panic over.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
That will make some Canadians happier.

However, I see a report that the USA vaccine giveaway to the rest of the world will not include AZ, even though they apparently have a few million doses in stock, because they have not yet approved it for use.

There is one producer in the US apparently.

So as it is widely approved and they don't seem to want to use it nor needed, why not send it elsewhere in the giveaway?

One can think of few logical reasons for the reticence that are not based on "not invented here" syndrome but have spread into areas of wider consideration.

That's fine ... but if all other countries do the same as they struggle to escape the effects of years of lockdown economic effects the world may start to look like a very different place for reasons that people are not expecting.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4057895)   #28
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Don't know what is meant by Belgium being a dark red area - is it anything to do with Eau Rouge?
Neither the curve nor the organisation… From now till the end of September many things will change. Generally Belgian do better than Frogs!
Old 23 Jun 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4057903)   #29
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Neither the curve nor the organisation… From now till the end of September many things will change. Generally Belgian do better than Frogs!
Most Belgians seem to be holidaying in the Pas de Calais at the moment so Belgium is probably quite safe to visit just now.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4057910)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Most Belgians seem to be holidaying in the Pas de Calais at the moment so Belgium is probably quite safe to visit just now.
Most of them will probably be heading to the Isla de la Cartuja in Seville, Spain next so even safer.
Old 23 Jun 2021, 18:17 (Ref:4057916)   #31
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I believe so, but hoping things will improve.
for the geographically challenged the red area is usually called the Netherlands ! Belgium is the same colour as France
Old 23 Jun 2021, 20:27 (Ref:4057918)   #32
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Spot on David. Belgium and France are yellow ATM.
Old 25 Jun 2021, 06:41 (Ref:4058095)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Latest from Spa,all good they are staying over but no showers. Whats worse is he says the weather is very nice. Grrrrrrr
Old 25 Jun 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4058100)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Assuming you're talking about Summer Classic (behind closed doors) hosting the 3 Hour race, more info here:
https://spasummerclassic.com/wp-cont...imetable-4.pdf
https://spasummerclassic.com/en/on-the-track/
http://www.spa3hours.com/
Old 25 Jun 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4058103)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Whats worse is he says the weather is very nice. Grrrrrrr
Its Spa.... it wont last!
Old 25 Jun 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4058107)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well if you except what can happen during Sat night or late in the evening, this time they could have a dry track, weather forecast gives enough reasons to be optimistic. Glad they had no quarantine at last from the UK to Belgium…
Old 25 Jun 2021, 09:38 (Ref:4058113)   #37
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks to Mike H, the word I should have used is "accept" not except, very bad translation. Sorry!
All in all, the weather looks fine at Spa during this weekend. Enjoy it!
Old 17 Jul 2021, 13:50 (Ref:4061419)   #38
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do hope that all our good friends in the Spa 6 hours team, Vincent, Alain et al are safe and sound after the hideous events there.
Old 17 Jul 2021, 14:09 (Ref:4061421)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed Jeremy, I now some of my fellow racers from the region are safe. However it appears the infrastructure has taken another hit.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4061580)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
https://fr.motorsport.com/general/ne...ation/6537915/
Should be sorted out Tuesday next. I read about the return of gravel outside some corners too.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 07:02 (Ref:4062276)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Gerard,although a little unintentional.
Old 4 Aug 2021, 03:54 (Ref:4065213)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two days of instructing at Spa completed on Monday.Pleased to say that the back road out of the circuit had now been repaired ,awaiting tarmac though.Saves the 15klm trip from Blanchimont to Francorchamps each time though.Porsche Cayman,Ferrari 488,and a GT3RS to finish off.?
Old 15 Aug 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4066846)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well the ferry is booked. Hotel likewise. Taking the Jaguar which makes a change. I guess Friday evening will be pizza night.
Old 15 Aug 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4066912)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Did you convert your new cabriolet Jag' into a tow car??
Old 16 Aug 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4067050)   #45
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We have two cars in Pre War race and Michael two in 6 hrs
So it’s Alta and Talbot in MRL Pre War and Elva BMW plus GT40 in 6 hrs
Pre War open to specials so the VSCC can take there bits and pieces and it’s pretty straightforward if you have V5 for race car and tow car in your name
Old 28 Aug 2021, 20:09 (Ref:4070822)   #46
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Can someone confirm the COVID instructions we have to adhere to at 6 hrs,
My understanding it’s quite involved and we need a minimum of three tests irrespective of being double jabbed.
A days quarenteen when you arrive at Spa and tests somewhere near circuit
Old 28 Aug 2021, 23:26 (Ref:4070831)   #47
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Can someone confirm the COVID instructions we have to adhere to at 6 hrs,
My understanding it’s quite involved and we need a minimum of three tests irrespective of being double jabbed.
A days quarenteen when you arrive at Spa and tests somewhere near circuit
best ask Vincent?
Old 29 Aug 2021, 04:10 (Ref:4070847)   #48
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
best ask Vincent?
We have stuff from Vincent but trying to find precisely what we will be put through if we go from COVID standpoint. eg where are the rest centres , how quickly can they be used, do we need to quarantine?
We usually go across on Wed pm and return Sunday daytime . Is this workable?

Know that I am prepared to take only one car with all the customs hassle as not prepared to raise any carnets or second/third that we originally intended to take to the meeting.
Old 29 Aug 2021, 07:34 (Ref:4070856)   #49
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
We have stuff from Vincent but trying to find precisely what we will be put through if we go from COVID standpoint. eg where are the rest centres , how quickly can they be used, do we need to quarantine?
We usually go across on Wed pm and return Sunday daytime . Is this workable?

Know that I am prepared to take only one car with all the customs hassle as not prepared to raise any carnets or second/third that we originally intended to take to the meeting.
From .gov.uk website - travelling to Belgium, not sure how up to date this is, so regular checks needed for out and return:

Entering Belgium from the UK
The UK is currently classified as red zone (high risk) on the Belgian government’s travel colour code system. There are also different entry requirements for travellers who are fully vaccinated (classified as being from two weeks after your final dose) and unvaccinated (see ‘Demonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status’). If you do not hold a Belgian, EU Digital COVID Certificate or a NHS COVID Pass with a QR code (England, Wales and Northern Ireland only), you are considered to be unvaccinated by the Belgian government and should follow entry requirements for unvaccinated travellers.

Travellers who are fully vaccinated with a Belgian, EU Vaccination Certificate or an NHS COVID Pass (England, Wales and Northern Ireland only)
You must:

complete a Passenger Locator Form (PLF), unless you fall under a very limited list of exemptions listed on the Belgian government website (under the Transport and International section)
take a test on either day 1 or 2 of arrival and quarantine until you receive a negative result
Old 29 Aug 2021, 10:03 (Ref:4070865)   #50
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So we have to test as soon as we arrive at Spa in presumably one of towns nearby and then wait for results until we get result?
Then need to test early Sunday morning to get back into UK on Sunday pm?

This doesn’t include test needed to escape from UK

Lots of relying on speed of tests
Leave Tuesday night and arrive back on Sunday

Have to give that some thought
Anyone want 18 holes Thursday afternoon at Spa . Very good course!