Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Apr 2021, 20:55 (Ref:4046965)   #1876
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
McLaren sells F1 factory in ?170 million leaseback.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-back/6365400/
I am not an expert in these things, but I "think" I have heard of business preferring to do this. But to me, this is seems like good short term, bad long term. You get an immediate input of cash, but over the long haul you are just leasing what was previously yours. And the longer this goes, the less it makes sense. I guess it gives you flexibility of moving later on. Do they plan to eventually move? I would have thought they might do this with their auto manufacturing buildings (which I think is part of the larger complex), but it surprises me that they sold the main building.

Richard
Old 13 Jul 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4060927)   #1877
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lando Norris was mugged leaving Wembley on Sunday after the European cup final and his watch was stolen

https://www.rte.ie/sport/euro-2020/2...ro-2020-final/
Old 13 Jul 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4060934)   #1878
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Lando Norris was mugged leaving Wembley on Sunday after the European cup final and his watch was stolen

i read this as well...i am assuming that like at most stadiums/arenas, players and VIPs etc park in a secured section of the lot?

serious security questions overall for this event!
Old 13 Jul 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4060937)   #1879
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

I saw this yesterday. Thankfully he didn't get a black eye like Bernie did! Seriously, I am glad he didn't get hurt.

Richard
Old 13 Jul 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4060941)   #1880
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect he enjoyed his run at the FOS in Senna's McLaren on Sunday rather more......
Old 13 Jul 2021, 21:18 (Ref:4060957)   #1881
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I suspect he enjoyed his run at the FOS in Senna's McLaren on Sunday rather more......
Yes!! Didn't he say he was already pestering Zak about gettin it out for a trackday at some point soon?
Old 14 Jul 2021, 08:20 (Ref:4060989)   #1882
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's nice to know he wants to take it for a spin round the track, shows he has the enthusiasm for the sport. We'll see if Zak will let him
Old 14 Jul 2021, 09:12 (Ref:4060993)   #1883
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I saw this yesterday. Thankfully he didn't get a black eye like Bernie did! Seriously, I am glad he didn't get hurt.

Richard
No doubt Bernie " got them sorted " though .....!
Old 14 Jul 2021, 10:20 (Ref:4060994)   #1884
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Bernie was too scared to do anything
Old 18 Jul 2021, 20:18 (Ref:4061912)   #1885
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So McLaren hosted Prince Edward today as part of their support of the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme. Is this the same McLaren that laid off all of its apprentices at the first whiff of trouble last year?…
Old 18 Jul 2021, 21:59 (Ref:4061930)   #1886
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe, but the DofE award scheme is nothing to do with apprenticeships.
Old 18 Jul 2021, 22:53 (Ref:4061944)   #1887
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I seem to recall there were lots of worries about McLaren at the beginning of the pandemic. I found the thread. https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155166

Although on apprentices and not a McLaren thing specifically the cost cap might limit this. I think I read somewhere there were calls for this to be outside the cap recently?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4062056)   #1888
S griffin
Veteran

McLaren seem to have got their finances sorted for their moment. I wouldn’t say they have quite the unlimited budget, but certainly better than last year when things were looking less certain

I would say apprenticeships haven’t been the top priority for McLaren of late and who can blame them with them needing to secure their future first
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4062105)   #1889
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I seem to recall there were lots of worries about McLaren at the beginning of the pandemic. I found the thread. https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155166
Yes - and that story is still ongoing. However, in the context of this thread, it appears that being able to compete has been secured for the foreseeable future.

In Dec 2020:
'McLaren seeks up to ÂŁ500m in possible blank-cheque merger'
'After laying off a quarter of its staff during the pandemic and raising emergency funding in the summer, the company is seeking ways to cut its debt pile before refinancing bonds that mature in 2022, Mike Flewitt, McLaren Automotive chief executive, told the Financial Times.
“We need to restructure the total business,” he said. “We went into this year having two very successful years in automotive, but the total business did not have the liquidity to survive this kind of crisis.”'

Three days ago:
'McLaren gets finance boost from Saudi Arabian wealth fund'
'The McLaren Group announced a 550 million pound ($758 million) equity investment, with much of it coming from Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund (PIF) and global investment firm Ares Management.
PIF and Ares were providing 400 million of new capital, in the form of preference shares and equity warrants, McLaren said on Friday.
The rest will come from existing shareholders as convertible preference shares, allowing for repayment of a loan received in June last year from the National Bank of Bahrain.'

So financially they are looking stronger. On the track they are performing well. The future looks good for them, having been through the tough challenge of a global pandemic and having to make difficult decisions to survive.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4062196)   #1890
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Maybe, but the DofE award scheme is nothing to do with apprenticeships.
I fully realise that however to portray themselves as supporters of young people is a little disingenuous
Old 20 Jul 2021, 01:07 (Ref:4062258)   #1891
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It does seem that the internet’s hobby is to desperately find the bad in people.

They let some apprentices go so they aren’t allowed to do anything nice for young people ever again. It’s not like it really gets them any publicity, first I heard about it was when it was pointed out how bad this was.

I don’t know the details of the apprentices or the DofE visit, but I don’t have a problem with he morals of this team over this.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4062945)   #1892
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Has McLaren tried to swop chassis between Ricciardo and Norris?
Ricciardo's sudden lack of pace at McLaren has to have some cause, he has been spectacularly quick right off the bat everywhere else, including holding his own against Verstappen at RBR.
Old 24 Jul 2021, 22:13 (Ref:4063026)   #1893
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a lack of pace compared to Lando though isn't it? Should we be surprised about that?
Old 12 Sep 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4073414)   #1894
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
To answer the thread title - yes.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4073457)   #1895
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It seems that way..... Let's just hope for more. Now that Daniel is starting to fire on all cylinders, he and Lando could well be a force to be reckoned with for the rest of the season.
Old 12 Sep 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4073465)   #1896
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Decent car and two top drivers. Looking good.

Car worked particularly well at Monza. Is closer to the pack at others, but they must be a solid 3rd in the championship now.

Actually, just looked it up, Ferrari closer than I thought they would be.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 02:11 (Ref:4073518)   #1897
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Decent car and two top drivers. Looking good.

Car worked particularly well at Monza. Is closer to the pack at others, but they must be a solid 3rd in the championship now.

Actually, just looked it up, Ferrari closer than I thought they would be.
McLaren scored a total of 45 points this weekend. 27 for Daniel, 18 for Lando.
Ferrari had a 10.5 point advantage after Zandvoort and still got 20 points out of Monza which is why its closer than you thought. I thought it would be more too, but it is what it is.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 07:52 (Ref:4073561)   #1898
S griffin
Veteran

So nice to see McLaren back on top after so long, 9 years would you believe? It's interesting that since 2012 they had two more years with Merc, before switching to Honda, then Renault and now this year they are back with Merc again and they're winning again

Anyway this win is great news for the sport
Old 13 Sep 2021, 12:11 (Ref:4073608)   #1899
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Welp, might as well close this thread.
Answered.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 12:25 (Ref:4073611)   #1900
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It seems that way..... Let's just hope for more. Now that Daniel is starting to fire on all cylinders, he and Lando could well be a force to be reckoned with for the rest of the season.
Absolute class from Norris - asked the team if he should push and accepted the negative answer without sulking or make a point - save for a big go on the last lap which is his specially anyway! Good on him