Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Jul 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4062393)   #1066
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Could be an issue for LMDh vs LMH? LMH will recover energy through front wheels, so reducing brake load. LMDh energy recovery is through rears.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4062398)   #1067
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
But they are considerably heavier nevertheless. So if LMP1-H were even slightly marginal on brakes, LMH may require that change. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't brake changes still common in LMP1 about a decade ago or so?
Old 20 Jul 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4062403)   #1068
Aysedasi
2022?
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
But they are considerably heavier nevertheless. So if LMP1-H were even slightly marginal on brakes, LMH may require that change. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't brake changes still common in LMP1 about a decade ago or so?
Not to my recollection. Almost exclusively the province of the GTs.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 00:31 (Ref:4062462)   #1069
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Not to my recollection. Almost exclusively the province of the GTs.
And the brakes pads are so thick. Amazing how they got through them.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 00:55 (Ref:4062463)   #1070
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tyre deg. didn't seem to be an issue. Difficult to be certain (different drivers, track conditions, SC/FCY), but lap times didn't drop off in a stint/tyre change - at least not enough to win over the fuel burning off.

A good sign. Monza easy on tyres, but Le Mans isn't that bad either (???)
Attached Thumbnails
709.png  
Old 21 Jul 2021, 01:04 (Ref:4062464)   #1071
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
And even more encouraging is a look at the pace over a stint.

Comparing the 7 to the 709.

Best average stint speed (ignoring the first and last lap) was 5th stint for 709. 29 lap stint averaging 1:38.2. The Toyota no.7 was it's 6th stint, 29 laps and 1:37.8.

Only 0.4s behind is pretty good

The Alpine's best was 1:38.5 - 0.3s behind the 709.
Attached Thumbnails
stints 7.png   stints 709.png   stints 36.png  

Old 21 Jul 2021, 01:55 (Ref:4062472)   #1072
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
A good sign. Monza easy on tyres, but Le Mans isn't that bad either (???)
My understanding is that Le Mans is way easier on tires than most normal circuits, maybe even than Monza. That's exactly why brought this up. Monza performance should be a lot more indicative than anything we've seen so far.

Toyota seems marginally better on fuel. But who knows if that difference is a lap per stint or just 90% of a lap at Le Mans.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 02:09 (Ref:4062473)   #1073
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Toyota seems marginally better on fuel. But who knows if that difference is a lap per stint or just 90% of a lap at Le Mans.
Aren’t integers great! You could be a tiny fraction better than someone else and get an entire lap advantage, or 90% better and not! Or you could be like Frank Biela
Old 21 Jul 2021, 15:42 (Ref:4062553)   #1074
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFerrari333SP should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFerrari333SP should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember many years ago at Road America, when Lance Armstrong's Livestrong foundation (or whatever it was called) did a yearly bike ride around the track during the ALMS weekend, and I participated one year, and before the start a few of the Audi guys showed up to bike it as well, and Frank Biela was at the front on his bike, and what do I notice stuffed in the back of his bike shorts? A pack of cigarettes, lololol
Old 21 Jul 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4062579)   #1075
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

Like Smoking Jo Winkelhock who is also a Le Mans winner.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 05:23 (Ref:4062609)   #1076
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sorry to see Gus dropped to the bench for Le Mans, he'd definitely get a seat if I was doing the roster, but I guess there are factors we're unaware of at play here.

Excited for Le Mans!!!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 07:53 (Ref:4062622)   #1077
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I'm sorry to see Gus dropped to the bench for Le Mans, he'd definitely get a seat if I was doing the roster, but I guess there are factors we're unaware of at play here.
If it were me and I had a roster where one driver needed to be dropped from the lineup, one of the ones who is leaving at the end of the season would probably be top of the list.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4062636)   #1078
Aysedasi
2022?
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's realistic, bearing in mind Gustavo's move next season, however he has a great deal of LM experience - in a prototype - which Ryan and Richard don't.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4062669)   #1079
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I'd completely forgotten he's off to Poojoe next season, his omission makes perfect sense when that's factored in.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4062702)   #1080
Aysedasi
2022?
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yes, I'd completely forgotten he's off to Poojoe next season, his omission makes perfect sense when that's factored in.
Yes, just like a former Poojoe driver, Mr Villanoove....