Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Aug 2021, 21:40 (Ref:4064713)   #1626
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GCC has got it as well.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4064857)   #1627
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Tough one for me
Old 2 Aug 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4064864)   #1628
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Tough one for me
Try naming all of the cars first, this will make it easier for you. As a clue they are all pre war cars and the driver did not see 2nd WW action.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4064901)   #1629
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Tough one for me
The driver is a very important part of motor sport history, a man who conquered the heights of pre war Grand Prix racing.

I find it sad that so few people seem to know who he is.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4064907)   #1630
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Well, I sent my attempt at answers to the last quiz and have heard nothing. I can only assume that my answers were so feeble that I've not even qualified to be mentioned in dispatches with regard to the Stupido Club...
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4064915)   #1631
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Well, I sent my attempt at answers to the last quiz and have heard nothing. I can only assume that my answers were so feeble that I've not even qualified to be mentioned in dispatches with regard to the Stupido Club...
Something I cant understand, you are so many producing huge efforts to join THE Stupido Club, why do you try to look wise and knowledgeable? Once in… Be proud of your membership!
Old 2 Aug 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4064922)   #1632
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Something I cant understand, you are so many producing huge efforts to join THE Stupido Club, why do you try to look wise and knowledgeable? Once in… Be proud of your membership!
Gerard, my worry is that I'm so wrong that I will need to nave my own exclusive Extra-Stupido club, a club with just one member!
Old 2 Aug 2021, 17:09 (Ref:4064936)   #1633
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No problemo, Viva, you deserve the best! Mind you that among the 109 pages, this question has already been asked. By me!
Cant remember the answer though!
Old 2 Aug 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4064957)   #1634
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Gerard, my worry is that I'm so wrong that I will need to nave my own exclusive Extra-Stupido club, a club with just one member!
Viv, sorry about your reply, but I have no record of receiving anything from you, and you know I would not miss a chance to humiliate you if I could.

Send it again, and give us a laugh.

Your one true mate,

Bauble.
Old 2 Aug 2021, 19:17 (Ref:4064970)   #1635
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Viv,Send it again, and give us a laugh.
Says the man asking mega weirdos questions and forgetting about his own answers… Ta!
Old 2 Aug 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4064993)   #1636
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Says the man asking mega weirdos questions and forgetting about his own answers… Ta!
Cher Mohammad I appreciate that you never know the answer to any of my weirdo puzzles, but please refrain from trying to make me look bad I don't need any help with that, thank you.

Try Richard Seaman and you might get out of the club!
Old 2 Aug 2021, 23:28 (Ref:4064998)   #1637
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s ok, we all enjoy them really, especially the cryptic ones, thanks.

And that’s a good one with Richard Seaman, a great talent taken too soon
Old 3 Aug 2021, 06:23 (Ref:4065023)   #1638
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It’s ok, we all enjoy them really, especially the cryptic ones, thanks.

And that’s a good one with Richard Seaman, a great talent taken too soon
I knew you could do it!
Old 3 Aug 2021, 07:06 (Ref:4065033)   #1639
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Cher Mohammad I appreciate that you never know the answer to any of my weirdo puzzles, but please refrain from trying to make me look bad I don't need any help with that, thank you.

Try Richard Seaman and you might get out of the club!
having recently read his Biography, I did wonder if hew would be something to do with this.
I have re-sent (hopefully) my previous stab in the dark which for some reason hadn't been sent to you...
Old 3 Aug 2021, 08:46 (Ref:4065049)   #1640
bauble
Veteran

England
I have now received Viv's reply to the previous quiz, and can assure you all that he successfully ID'the driver concerned other than that .... the less said the better.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4065127)   #1641
bauble
Veteran

England
I know I have set a few real stinkers lately, making a number of people feeling stupido, and ashamed at their lack of knowledge, so to make amends I offer something simple. All you have to do is to match a name to a car, and if possible why, I expect a flood of correct answers;

Innes Ireland.
Mike Hawthorn
Jim Russell
Jim Clark
Lance Macklin
Don Parker.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0140 (3).JPG   IMG_0490.JPG   IMG_1370.JPG  

JPEG Image (47903).jpg   Revival Friday 001 (142).jpg   IMG_8293.JPG  

Old 3 Aug 2021, 17:42 (Ref:4065173)   #1642
bauble
Veteran

England
First correct answer Mike Crow with just one small error.
Old 3 Aug 2021, 19:27 (Ref:4065190)   #1643
bauble
Veteran

England
Damn, replies ARE flooding in, most right or mostly so, but not many explanations. Top Man GC.
Old 4 Aug 2021, 20:14 (Ref:4065376)   #1644
bauble
Veteran

England
Another easy one to keep you going until I can come up with something difficult;

Who is the driver?
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0572.JPG   _MG_0004.JPG   IMG_0628.JPG  

IMG_4390.JPG   IMG_4909.JPG   IMG_4543.JPG  

Old 5 Aug 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4065475)   #1645
S griffin
Veteran

Yes this is tough. Trying to work out from that open face helmet
Old 5 Aug 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4065484)   #1646
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yes this is tough. Trying to work out from that open face helmet
Once you have worked out the 'logic' the answer is simple.
Old 6 Aug 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4065643)   #1647
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Once you have worked out the 'logic' the answer is simple.
Oops! Check Picture Parade for up-date.
Old 30 Aug 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4071203)   #1648
bauble
Veteran

England
It has been a bit quiet here lately, so why not see if you can find six well known phrases or sayings suggested y these pictures?
Attached Thumbnails
Q 3.JPG   Q 5.JPG   IMG_9799.JPG  

Q 1.jpg   Q 6.JPG   Fis  (5).JPG  

Old 4 Sep 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4071924)   #1649
bauble
Veteran

England
Crumbs! Why do I bother? Not a single stab at an answer. So

1 There's no smoke without fire.

2 About face!

3 Accidents will happen.

4 End of an ERA.

5 A miss is as good as a mile.

6 After you, Claude.

See how easy t was?
Old 4 Sep 2021, 15:55 (Ref:4071997)   #1650
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I got #1. To be fair Bauble it was impossible to tell the Morris is pointing the wrong way.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk