Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2021, 03:18 (Ref:4072716)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Italian Grand Prix 2021: Grand Prix Weekend Thread

Circuit length: 5.793 km
Number of laps: 53
Race distance: 306.72 km
Race Lap Record: 1:21.046 (2004 - Rubens Barrichello - Ferrari)
Dry weather tyre compounds: C2, C3 and C4

First Italian Grand Prix: 1921
First Grand Prix at this circuit: 1922
First World Championship Grand Prix: 1950
First Grand Prix on current configuration: 2000

If someone would like to do a preview of some kind, please feel free. I'm afraid it's been too busy a week of work for me to be able to produce one. There was a lot of history at Monza to incorporate for the time I had. Normal service will be resumed for Russia.

Last edited by Born Racer; 15 Sep 2021 at 10:17.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 04:47 (Ref:4072720)   #2
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that Kubica is subbing again for Kimi while Ilott is headed to Portland for his first Indycar race. Nothing against Kubica, I thought he did a good job in Holland. Does this indicate that Ilott has no future at Alfa Romeo?
Old 9 Sep 2021, 05:37 (Ref:4072721)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
No need to apologise re the intro BR - would be very hard for any of us to not appreciate the history of Monza and the special place that it is.

For me, I'm tipping a little less orange smoke than last weekend, probably less red flags and once again, a close contest at the front - with the odd wild card up there, will be interesting to see who is able to make that happen!
Old 9 Sep 2021, 08:30 (Ref:4072742)   #4
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Interesting that Kubica is subbing again for Kimi while Ilott is headed to Portland for his first Indycar race. Nothing against Kubica, I thought he did a good job in Holland. Does this indicate that Ilott has no future at Alfa Romeo?
While I think it does indeed point to Illot's lack of future in F1, or at least with Alfa Romeo specifically, Kubica's sponsor is part of the team name, so it seems likely that this is the reason he's been first call as the team's reserve driver.

I'm a bit torn by it to be honest, I always like seeing new talent come through, even if only for a couple of races to show what they can do, but I'm also a big Kubica fan, so I'm glad he's getting a couple of races as he inevitably heads towards the end of his single seater career.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4072760)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Saw too Kubica in for Kimi. Shame for Kimi, but Bobby I know loves Italy and with an Italian brand, he will be keen to do well

Also nice touch to see that Parabolica will be renamed Alboreto to commemorate 20 years since we lost the great man
Old 9 Sep 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4072780)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Saw too Kubica in for Kimi. Shame for Kimi, but Bobby I know loves Italy and with an Italian brand, he will be keen to do well

Also nice touch to see that Parabolica will be renamed Alboreto to commemorate 20 years since we lost the great man
Seriously? No disrespect at all to Alboreto, but is nothing sacred? Or is it to be the Parabolica Alboreto?

Edit - so it's to be the Curva Alboreto...... As a mark of respect, yes, I appreciate it, but it will always be the Parabolica to me.....
Old 9 Sep 2021, 13:09 (Ref:4072789)   #7
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Seriously? No disrespect at all to Alboreto, but is nothing sacred? Or is it to be the Parabolica Alboreto?

Edit - so it's to be the Curva Alboreto...... As a mark of respect, yes, I appreciate it, but it will always be the Parabolica to me.....
My thoughts exactly and I have said the same words elsewhere.
Old 9 Sep 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4072812)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A couple of new liveries for Monza:

Old 9 Sep 2021, 15:57 (Ref:4072820)   #9
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A couple of new liveries for Monza:

Now you’re making me want to drool
Old 9 Sep 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4072841)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Alfa is very smart....
Old 9 Sep 2021, 17:55 (Ref:4072846)   #11
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's Francesco Bernoulli!
Attached Thumbnails
FrancescoBernoulliCars2.png  
Old 9 Sep 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4072856)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 9 Sep 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4072863)   #13
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
The Alfa is very smart....
Gorgeous thing!
Old 10 Sep 2021, 09:36 (Ref:4072912)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Gorgeous thing!
Gorgeous is Alfa Romeo's middle name!
Old 10 Sep 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4072917)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Gorgeous is Alfa Romeo's middle name!
I thought that was Russell's first name?
Old 10 Sep 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4072935)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tsunoda continues to crack me up.

Quote:
I was a bit surprised I'd be staying next year

Because I just keep crashing! So I spent lots of money for the whole team. It's not a good way to end the first half of the season, especially like in Hungary, I went into the wall in FP1 and ruined the whole session, almost two sessions. I got [told] by Franz [Tost, AlphaTauri Team Principal] and by Helmut [Marko, Red Bull motorsports advisor] that you need a more consistent result... and also discipline in those sessions.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...879jQlS0Y.html
Old 10 Sep 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4072940)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
excellent intro! less is more as i always say!

looks like today will be a productive Friday for me as i watch quali from work!

while im fine with changes to the race weekend format and like the sprint concept, i must concede that it is disruptive to my normal routine.

bit curious to see what the light level for this session will be as by my reckoning it will be between 6-7pm local time? im thinking the shadows will be getting long by Q3?
Old 10 Sep 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4072954)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking forward to this. Can Verstappen and RBR capitalise on their win at Zandvoort, or will it swing back Hamilton and Mercedes' way? Exciting times.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4072958)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas gets the top spot, followed by Hamilton and Verstappen. Norris 4th with Ricciardo in 5th.
Old 10 Sep 2021, 17:41 (Ref:4072961)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This qualifying malarkey now setting the grid for a Sprint race for me makes it quite an anti-climatic session. Its just seems superfluous to me. Its just not right. I dont really know why I stayed up to 3:30am to watch it tbh. I wont next time. Ill just skip it and get some sleep. I cant believe I am the only one who thinks that way....
Old 10 Sep 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4072966)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
This qualifying malarkey now setting the grid for a Sprint race for me makes it quite an anti-climatic session. Its just seems superfluous to me. Its just not right. I dont really know why I stayed up to 3:30am to watch it tbh. I wont next time. Ill just skip it and get some sleep. I cant believe I am the only one who thinks that way....

I don't remember qualifying for the sprint race at Silverstone being like this. It seemed a little chaotic, with drivers attempting a flying lap, while contending with a track full of cars.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 01:04 (Ref:4073004)   #22
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I went to bed then watched at 5:00 when I got up. Yeah, a bit anti-climatic but Q sessions tend to be a bit weird at Monza with all the game-playing and search for a slipstream.

As so many team people and commentators kept saying - having two starts and two blasts into the first corner is going to be "interesting". Has me thinking that I'll stay up to watch at least the start of tonight's sprint - once it settles down that is likely to be that.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 01:23 (Ref:4073009)   #23
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
While I think it does indeed point to Illot's lack of future in F1, or at least with Alfa Romeo specifically, Kubica's sponsor is part of the team name, so it seems likely that this is the reason he's been first call as the team's reserve driver.

I'm a bit torn by it to be honest, I always like seeing new talent come through, even if only for a couple of races to show what they can do, but I'm also a big Kubica fan, so I'm glad he's getting a couple of races as he inevitably heads towards the end of his single seater career.
And now he has signed on for the rest of the season with Juncos-Hollinger, yup the Hollinger who bought in with Williams.
Old 11 Sep 2021, 06:16 (Ref:4073032)   #24
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Any truth to the rumour that they putting a big diamond in the nose of vettees car?
Old 11 Sep 2021, 07:28 (Ref:4073037)   #25
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I agree with you. The qualifying session is normally massively exciting, sometimes nearly as much as the race itself. Having a pointless sprint race in between does make it quite anti-climatic, and I normally find Monza qualifying one of the most exciting on the calendar because of the slipstreams. I'm still desperately hoping for these sprint races to be scrapped for next year entirely and return us to the perfect weekend format that we usually have, but with the likes of Brawn and Domenicali consistently claiming that it has had 'overwhelmingly positive feedback' when every poll I've seen related to the sprint races has been at least 60% negative, that seems incredibly unlikely. So hopefully today's sprint race will be boring and processional, and the Interlagos one too, to increase the negative feedback even further. The worst thing that could happen would be some kind of freak incident like a collision between Hamilton and Verstappen, because then it would indeed be super exciting (with them fighting through the pack on Sunday), and would then be used as an excuse in favour of the sprint races forever, despite the fact that incidents like this occur once every five or so years at most. In terms of risk vs reward, the drivers are better off playing it safe in this sprint race, and I hope they do.