Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4073664)   #1901
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lando and Danny really seem to gel as expected. Let’s hope they continue to push each other
Old 13 Sep 2021, 15:32 (Ref:4073669)   #1902
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm really pleased McLaren are on the ascendant, they've been in the doldrums and have worked hard to get out of them, let's hope they van maintain it.

This is also good for F1, as now there is a third team who can mix it with Mercedes and RBR.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4073670)   #1903
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Lando and Danny really seem to gel as expected. Let’s hope they continue to push each other
While neither of them is in the hunt for a title, then easy to maintain.
If either of them requires the other to sacrifice places on their behalf, or is challenging for WDC, things may get different.....

Another factor may be the emergence of new drivers to the grid. If someone like Nissany or Aitken is challenging for a seat on the grid, and McLaren are linked, then tension can soon rise.

Although currently, whilst McLaren are still trying to get to the front on a regular basis, things do look promising.
Old 13 Sep 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4073694)   #1904
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
cant find the post (think it might have been Tourer/apologies if it was someone else), but they had wondered what Ron is thinking about the 1-2 finish.

i admit i was very curious about this as well so i went to google to see if he made any public comments.

instead my google home page, which suggests to me stories i may find interesting, had a top story of how today Sept 13 2007 is the anniversary of Mclaren getting handed the 100m fine and exclusion from the constructors due to the spygate scandal.

anyways i dont want to rehash the past other then to say how happy i am am Mclaren are where they are now.

more to come for sure but what a long road!
Old 13 Sep 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4073708)   #1905
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
The 1-2 was relatively down to luck, but it definitely wasn't a fluke.

Who's to say McLaren (and Williams for that matter) won't turn up with better cars in 2022 than Mercedes and Red Bull? The fact they're making so much progress during this stagnant development phase speaks volumes about their potential. 2022 regs have potential for a huge upset in pecking order. Of course, the teams with bigger resources are still more likely to come out on top (and even dominate) if they get the concept just right. But sometimes it's the likes of Brawn GP that come up with a better solution. if McLaren do, they have the driver pairing to make the most of it too!
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:06 (Ref:4073823)   #1906
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Even without the Max/Lewis incident, Ricciardo probably still would have won. Anyway it’s great news for the sport, we need more teams challenging at the front and it’s been nice for the last two seasons seeing more teams win, after years of domination from Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari
Old 15 Sep 2021, 04:13 (Ref:4073993)   #1907
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Went for a cheeky thread title change that reflects their reascendancy.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 07:43 (Ref:4074014)   #1908
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Went for a cheeky thread title change that reflects their reascendancy.
Good. Six and a half years later....... It's been a hard road.
Old 25 Sep 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4075417)   #1909
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A win followed by pole. Great stuff.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 02:39 (Ref:4075530)   #1910
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
A win followed by pole. Great stuff.
Yes and a Ferrari second and a Williams third.... its almost like Senna, Prost in the Ferrari and Mansell at Williams.... 30 years ago!
Old 26 Sep 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4075553)   #1911
S griffin
Veteran

Definitely is getting more competitive at the front
Old 26 Sep 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4075691)   #1912
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
but today they showed they arent quite up there with strategy
Old 26 Sep 2021, 18:03 (Ref:4075698)   #1913
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I disagree. Lando took a gamble that didn't pay off, that's different to strategy. We've all been there.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 26 Sep 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4075703)   #1914
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I disagree. Lando took a gamble that didn't pay off, that's different to strategy. We've all been there.

A gamble an inexperience but he will learn from this.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 19:22 (Ref:4075729)   #1915
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I agree. McLaren are much closer to the top two teams now. I certainly predict that Lando will break his duck before the end of the season.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4075730)   #1916
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Exactly, hero to zero but it could quite easily have gone the other way and I don't believe Hamilton would have passed him on a dry track. Either way it was a brave decision from Lando, his day will come.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4075731)   #1917
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A mildly interesting aspect to today’s race was that they didn’t play it safe they risked it for the win. I like that.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 19:39 (Ref:4075733)   #1918
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
A mildly interesting aspect to today’s race was that they didn’t play it safe they risked it for the win. I like that.

I like that too and it takes guts.
Old 26 Sep 2021, 22:08 (Ref:4075765)   #1919
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Exactly, hero to zero but it could quite easily have gone the other way and I don't believe Hamilton would have passed him on a dry track. Either way it was a brave decision from Lando, his day will come.
I don't believe that Hamilton would have passed him on a damp track on slicks either - even though Lando slide wide a few times, he opened the gap to Lewis but the heavier shower and a good call from the Benz pit bunker made the difference.

Quote:
Damn straight - really liked that too, admired the "go for it" approach - didn't work out this time but so nearly could have.
Old 27 Sep 2021, 09:03 (Ref:4075834)   #1920
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And Lewis had some nice things to say about his former team in his post-race interview.
Old 27 Sep 2021, 10:26 (Ref:4075844)   #1921
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I don't believe that Hamilton would have passed him on a damp track on slicks either - even though Lando slide wide a few times, he opened the gap to Lewis but the heavier shower and a good call from the Benz pit bunker made the difference.
I agree. As the saying goes, 'catching is one thing, passing is another'. I think had Lando been pressured to go in at the same time just in front of Lewis, assuming they had a good stop, he would have won. There was little to choose between them, IMO.

It was decent of Lando to go over to congratulate Lewis immediately after the race. I think I'd have looked for the first available darkened room to bang my head against the wall. And they were both great value in the interviews afterwards. Good to see.
Old 27 Sep 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4075899)   #1922
S griffin
Veteran

I do feel a bit cheated at the end, that with them two so far ahead of the others, Lewis was able to cruise to the victory once it came down hard enough and that we didn’t get a proper duel between him and Lando at the end. Feels a bit anti climatic. But still Norris has shown he has all the ingredients to possibly challenge for the title one day. With Russell going to Merc next season, it seems him and Norris will continue to fly the flag for Britain if and when Hamilton decides to retire
Old 27 Sep 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4075907)   #1923
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
And Lewis had some nice things to say about his former team in his post-race interview.
Mostly that they use Mercedes engines!
Old 27 Sep 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4075928)   #1924
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Mostly that they use Mercedes engines!
Yes, that's true!
Old 27 Sep 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4075929)   #1925
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Weren't they using Mercedes engines when Lewis raced for them?