Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 9 Oct 2021, 05:25 (Ref:4077568)   #1
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone attempted to cancel their Peacock subscription?

I cancelled mine after the last session at Long Beach. They don't make it easy but I got a message that my cancellation went through. Yesterday I got another charge on my PayPal account - which I have disputed. When I go to my Peacock account, my status shows as "free". If I can get loose of them I don't think that I will sign up for next year's Indycar season. I will just listen to the sessions on Indycar radio and do without the visuals.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4077615)   #2
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
That's concerning, in case I ever try to cancel mine. What I'm curious of though, is why they dropped the indycar replays off peacock a week after the season ended. I was hoping to watch a race or two again during the off-season.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4077621)   #3
mstets
Racer

Were the races ever available? I only saw practice and qualifying sessions. It was pretty annoying to not be able to see the NBCSN coverage on Peacock.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 21:11 (Ref:4077659)   #4
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah they were available. Some races lost the laps during commercial rather than doing the side by side on the replay though. Some didn't, though.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 00:46 (Ref:4077931)   #5
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Peacock is free, it's Plus that has a charge and had Indy events. So you'll still see something of your account but free and seeing the little purple tick in the corner of some shows means they don't think you're paying anything.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 04:20 (Ref:4077944)   #6
mstets
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well Peacock is free, it's Plus that has a charge and had Indy events. So you'll still see something of your account but free and seeing the little purple tick in the corner of some shows means they don't think you're paying anything.

I was just going by my PayPal account. I cancelled my service after the last session on Saturday at Long Beach. That was on September 25 or thereabouts as I remember. Around the 6th of October I was charged $4.99 and $5.00 for another month of service.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 07:41 (Ref:4077966)   #7
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know about Peacock, but you can get into your PP account and cancel the payment through them. I can't remember how to do it but if you search I'm sure the answer's there. I did it for one of my regular payments.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 11 Oct 2021, 12:14 (Ref:4078010)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
I was just going by my PayPal account. I cancelled my service after the last session on Saturday at Long Beach. That was on September 25 or thereabouts as I remember. Around the 6th of October I was charged $4.99 and $5.00 for another month of service.
I would use a screenshot as justification of the cancellation as well. Often the membership and billing folks aren't the same people, quality of customer service sucks for anything Comcast touches
Old 11 Oct 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4078044)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I've paid for it last year, so my son can watch all the EPL matches he wants, so I didn't realize it was actually free

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
That's concerning, in case I ever try to cancel mine. What I'm curious of though, is why they dropped the indycar replays off peacock a week after the season ended. I was hoping to watch a race or two again during the off-season.
NBCSN is going away in 2.5 months and it will be all Peacock going forward in 2022, so I guess they're moving some things out early?
Old 21 Oct 2021, 03:20 (Ref:4079304)   #10
mstets
Racer

Quote:
I would use a screenshot as justification of the cancellation as well. Often the membership and billing folks aren't the same people, quality of customer service sucks for anything Comcast touches

Good idea if I'd thought to do it at the time I cancelled. Never expected them to keep billing me afterwards so had no reason to think I needed evidence of cancellation. I really enjoyed watching the practice and qualifying sessions the past season, but will probably make do listening to Indycar radio and watching the live timing and scoring after this experience.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 02:03 (Ref:4079511)   #11
mstets
Racer

I did receive a $5 refund from paypal. Now going through the process again to get a refund on the $4.99 charge. Will be interesting to see if I am charged again for the next billing period.