Old 14 Oct 2021, 14:33 (Ref:4078452)   #251
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I would guess Ticknell and Jarvis as all season, I wouldn't expect the entry list for another couple weeks.
Yeah I figured the two of them, just wasn't sure if they ran two or three drivers at PLM
Old 14 Oct 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4078455)   #252
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
Yeah I figured the two of them, just wasn't sure if they ran two or three drivers at PLM
Ah yes, longer race. Teach me to read this and train the new guy at the same time. Bomarito has been in the car hasn't he? I haven't seen a change for anyone in that car
Old 14 Oct 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4078456)   #253
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
2021 keeps delivering turds, not the best artwork they've had
I'll probably still buy a shirt since I need more 3xls, goddamn good food

Oh, and you can see the new design for the RV parking at the top of the Esses in it. And the tree dead center, ok it's multiple trees, is our camp.
One problem I saw immediately is that all the leaves are likely to be on the ground by the second weekend in November. Also, the grass won't be green and there is ZERO red clay in that pic.
Old 14 Oct 2021, 18:21 (Ref:4078487)   #254
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, water oaks so they’ll drop all year long just because
Old 14 Oct 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4078493)   #255
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The thing I like about Road Atlanta is that the circuit is pretty much perfect, no need to change anything.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 12:46 (Ref:4078589)   #256
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
One problem I saw immediately is that all the leaves are likely to be on the ground by the second weekend in November. Also, the grass won't be green and there is ZERO red clay in that pic.
I was thinking about the trees but missed the ground cover!

Also no icicles....
Old 15 Oct 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4078623)   #257
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rumors in travel agent world is border opens on 8th November. So that is pretty much pick up father and come to Petit.
Old 15 Oct 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4078626)   #258
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yeah, the announcement is supposed to be today. I've seen 8th and 9th both for air travel

Ok, 8th it seems.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exc...al-2021-10-15/

Vax and negative test it appears before boarding
Old 16 Oct 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4078722)   #259
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
What's garage access like at RA? Is it as open as Daytona is, or if needed can you get special garage access passes?
Since I'm coming up early Thursday I thought it'd be neat to check out the Mazda IMSA car and see how friendly the drivers and crew are.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4078723)   #260
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yeah, the announcement is supposed to be today. I've seen 8th and 9th both for air travel

Ok, 8th it seems.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exc...al-2021-10-15/

Vax and negative test it appears before boarding
Flight has ended up being the 9th. So that’s a bit of a pain. Less of a scenic journey and more of a blast down there. Still, worse things happen at sea.
Old 16 Oct 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4078730)   #261
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
What's garage access like at RA? Is it as open as Daytona is, or if needed can you get special garage access passes?

Since I'm coming up early Thursday I thought it'd be neat to check out the Mazda IMSA car and see how friendly the drivers and crew are.
Open paddock, it's a hill down to it but good walk we usually do at least once.

Mazda had usually been the most open, they used to actually have an open walk in to their "garage" area between the cars instead of being fenced outside it. It's mostly the Weathertech cars on the inside of the track with the Challenges, Porsche and Mx-5 cars on the "support" side. Many of the teams have their swag tents by their haulers too. No garages at Road Atlanta so all hauler and canopy
Old 16 Oct 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4078733)   #262
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Flight has ended up being the 9th. So that’s a bit of a pain. Less of a scenic journey and more of a blast down there. Still, worse things happen at sea.
Yeah, it's a bit of a drive. Was most of the day from SWVA to Atlanta and think it was 5ish from Northern Virginia to Blacksburg.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4078884)   #263
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Looks like 11 hours. Going to do it 8 hours Wednesday, followed by 3 hours on Thursday.
I'll probably be doing a lot of the driving as Dad will be a little jet-lagged. Probably be an early start each day too.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4078891)   #264
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Plus side coming from the north you don't have joeb's fun of driving through Atlanta in the afternoon.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4078964)   #265
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My brother has confirmed he'll be there Thursday evening. He's planning on parking outside so he'll be traveling light, as we'd expect. I'll have some extra gear for him as needed.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4078972)   #266
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Camping in the tiny bivy sack under the rear deck of the Apache? Didn't he have that little sleeve tent with a couple sticks years ago?
Old 18 Oct 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4078981)   #267
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Looks like 11 hours. Going to do it 8 hours Wednesday, followed by 3 hours on Thursday.
I'll probably be doing a lot of the driving as Dad will be a little jet-lagged. Probably be an early start each day too.
Probably smart to get to the track during daylight hours. I really don't know what crowds will be like this year with the race weekend so much later. but arriving after dark to a new place only adds stress. My first Petit (back in 2003) my dad and I met at the track after both driving from different places. I had to wait outside the track and watch night practice for a couple hours while he made his way to the track. Then we had to setup camp in the dark, not a lot of fun after driving all day!

Quote:
Plus side coming from the north you don't have joeb's fun of driving through Atlanta in the afternoon.
Last couple of years with Peach Pass have helped tremendously! I'll have it again this year and am hoping for the best.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 14:40 (Ref:4078992)   #268
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
This is the exact reason I'm leaving Jacksonville at 4am Thursday. Luckily I can hop on 285 to bypass Atlanta and hopefully miss all the traffic
Old 18 Oct 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4079005)   #269
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
This is the exact reason I'm leaving Jacksonville at 4am Thursday. Luckily I can hop on 285 to bypass Atlanta and hopefully miss all the traffic
???????

Go around on the east side but 285 is traffic, and then 85N is always slow just to warn you.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 18:05 (Ref:4079025)   #270
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
???????

Go around on the east side but 285 is traffic, and then 85N is always slow just to warn you.
O yeah I'm coming up 75n then picking up 285 around Atlanta to the east. Google maps is saying the drive should be 5.5 hours from Jacksonville. Leaving at 4am hoping i can get there and setup and still be able to see most the on track festivities Thursday, and maybe do some chefing
Old 18 Oct 2021, 18:47 (Ref:4079036)   #271
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Bogart, Statham, Hoschton and Braselton need a Peach Pass option; getting pretty busy in those towns!

Just a little drive through the countryside for me!
Old 18 Oct 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4079037)   #272
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Camping in the tiny bivy sack under the rear deck of the Apache? Didn't he have that little sleeve tent with a couple sticks years ago?
He said he could just share a tent with someone there and I had flashbacks and yelled "bring your own damn tent"!!
Old 18 Oct 2021, 18:55 (Ref:4079041)   #273
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
He said he could just share a tent with someone there and I had flashbacks and yelled "bring your own damn tent"!!
I mean, I'm bringing an extra tent, it may be abailable to rent........
for a price
Old 18 Oct 2021, 19:08 (Ref:4079047)   #274
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I mean, I'm bringing an extra tent, it may be abailable to rent........

for a price
He's got the gear. He's just a minimalist when it comes to camping.
Old 22 Oct 2021, 00:46 (Ref:4079421)   #275
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
So what's all on the menu this year. I assume steaks on Friday, and I'll bring my usual sausage load. But that isn't really a meal, just some extra protein.