Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Oct 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4078869)   #151
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit late, but it was good to see the very few people I managed to see in the short time I had. Loved Iain's face when he spotted me standing in front of him.
I made a one off appearance at Spa, as I only marshal in the UK. I'm not very well liked at Spa anymore, wonder why?
It was a strange event compared to other years, but I guess we can count ourselves lucky it happened after all.

I'll try to be on here a bit more often.
Old 17 Oct 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4078873)   #152
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A welcome..return Eddie.
Old 18 Oct 2021, 11:33 (Ref:4078952)   #153
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Made the weekend seeing you Eddy . Welcome back . You did not come back for the cuppa . Best wishes .?
Old 21 Oct 2021, 09:37 (Ref:4079319)   #154
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V View Post

I'll try to be on here a bit more often.
Glad to see that you are still in the land of the living mate
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Oct 2021, 07:33 (Ref:4080086)   #155
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Click image for larger version

Name:	GT40 and our Galaxie Spa 2021..jpg
Views:	5
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	71460
Just before this thread slips of front page. Here is a picture of our Galaxie battling it out with the winning GT40.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4080095)   #156
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Attachment 71460
Just before this thread slips of front page. Here is a picture of our Galaxie battling it out with the winning GT40.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 11:29 (Ref:4080683)   #157
Guus
Rookie

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Guus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 71460
The Galaxie at 18.09h. and at 20.36h.
Attached Thumbnails
SAT8230.jpg   SAT8307.jpg  
Old 31 Oct 2021, 04:13 (Ref:4080769)   #158
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result Iain, looking forward to next year? Gravel traps are allegedly being Re introduced and maybe Eau Rouge to LeRadilion will be remade into something more remenisant to the past layout.
Track should also be sorted a third of the way down the approach to Eau Rouge to deal with the subsidence from the flooding in July. Lots of changes going on at present, all around the place.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4080795)   #159
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Attachment 71460
Should have been easy to take the GT40 Iain. Apparently it lost 4th gear early in the race! Link to 1 lap in car video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmQ38T5MyLo
Old 1 Nov 2021, 10:25 (Ref:4080898)   #160
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thank you for the photos Guus. The pit stop picture shows owner starting to change OSR wheel. I was in the car all set to go and do last stint when young Sam Binfield spotted the tyre was flat.
BTW we also had a bad vibration for the last hour. Lucky to finish as the car is on the ramp with a serious Diff problem.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 06:39 (Ref:4085056)   #161
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Will, Grant, if you fancy a pint tonight a few local racers / enthusiasts are meeting at the ”Jolly Sailor” pub in Hemington tonight at about 20:00.
We call ourselves the Castle Donington Motor Club (CDMC) but it’s all entirely unofficial. You would be very welcome and we love to hear about Spa and GT40s!
Will, Grant - the next get together of the CDMC takes place on Thursday 2 December in the Jolly Potters pub in Castle Donington (opposite the Catholic Church if you kno the area).
You will be welcome. I will be there from about 20:00.
Old 23 Nov 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4085067)   #162
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Will, Grant - the next get together of the CDMC takes place on Thursday 2 December in the Jolly Potters pub in Castle Donington (opposite the Catholic Church if you kno the area).
You will be welcome. I will be there from about 20:00.

And where is the pub if you don't know the area?
Old 23 Nov 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4085069)   #163
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Still opposite the catholic church!!! :-)
Old 24 Nov 2021, 13:28 (Ref:4085284)   #164
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
If approaching from the North it's at the top of Big Hill. Where the Dodgems and the Big Wheel are located during the annual Wakes Fair.
Old 26 Nov 2021, 05:10 (Ref:4085498)   #165
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been confirmed that Eau Rouge to Radillon is in for some alterations. The first section will be more of a left curve so that the right clip point will alter before the crest. More akin to the 90s layout. Plenty of grass runoff to the righ side though. Also various changes all around the circuit aimed at easier access for spectators.lots of improvements to stands even one massive one.
Old 26 Nov 2021, 09:40 (Ref:4085514)   #166
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like it's joining the 21st century at last.
Old 26 Nov 2021, 10:16 (Ref:4085519)   #167
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...ogressing.html
Old 28 Nov 2021, 09:51 (Ref:4085741)   #168
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Just out of my curiosity, what could be a good lap time for a compliant MG B and top speed too (dry track, Dunlops)?

I was thinking about 3'08"/ 3'10" and 184/170 kph. Am I right?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 05:38 (Ref:4085833)   #169
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
?Spot on Gerard. Pole, fastest lap and win. ?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 06:48 (Ref:4085838)   #170
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Just a guess terence, tryin to find out what we could do with our Miatas next June. Cars are pretty much standard bar suspensions and road Avons are mandatory. Will you enter in the Summer Classic?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 07:52 (Ref:4085843)   #171
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

It's looking like a possibility Gerard, as does the 1000klm here. Going to sell the Capri to help fund next efforts In something I have always wanted to race properly)
Old 29 Nov 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4085846)   #172
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Just out of my curiosity, what could be a good lap time for a compliant MG B and top speed too (dry track, Dunlops)?

I was thinking about 3'08"/ 3'10" and 184/170 kph. Am I right?
I'm no MGB expert but That would be an extremely quick lap time for a compliant MGB? , never considered them to be any quicker than my Cortina, and a 3:14 is as good as its got so far . . . maybe a gnats more to come with brand new boots. thats from 143 bhp/730kg . .If an MGB is 830kg and makes 170 BHP?? Its a long stroke engine so torquey, but no screamer ?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 08:14 (Ref:4085847)   #173
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Genuine one, Gelscoe or Superformance, the botlle does not matter as much as the drunkenness!
Old 29 Nov 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4085874)   #174
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ha Ha, this old conversation again. Some years back I did a 3.12 in Brian Lambert's MGB. The only time I have ever been quicker than him. It was a good weekend as I also won the Dutch Monoposto race in my F3 car. Only down side was I did a Vettel and stood on front of car arms waived aloft but slipped and fell back into cockpit and smashed the screen. Another £350.00 later. Grrrrrr..
Still happy days. I regard Brian as one of the best MGB drivers out there so not to shabby.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4085881)   #175
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Just a guess terence, tryin to find out what we could do with our Miatas next June. Cars are pretty much standard bar suspensions and road Avons are mandatory. Will you enter in the Summer Classic?
Gerard, if you are trying to find out the possible pace of your MX5s it may be worth trawling through the CSCC race results at the Spa summer classic over a few years as we may have had an MX5 or two race with us in the “Inter-series” race. Be careful though, I know one of them has ITBs and a programmable ecu for about 170bhp so best not consider their laps times as possible! Can’t remember the name but might have been a Paul Bailey or something similar.