Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 30 Oct 2021, 23:38 (Ref:4080751)   #326
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Early NOAA and Wunderground is upper 60s to upper 30s and rain free. But they're about 50/50 lately.

Yeah, was supposed to work on the oven today and lifting the heavy pieces in place. Said no chance and stayed inside. And my knees still cried all day about the cold wet.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 02:36 (Ref:4080762)   #327
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Early forecast from Deep Blue's offspring

Not great for Georgians but sun hopefully

The terrorist's forecast has less joy

Old 31 Oct 2021, 03:27 (Ref:4080765)   #328
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Also, provisional schedule from Thursday means I'll miss the start at T1 this year starting the grill for ribs, such is life.

Also fun is Porsche and Lexus laps at dusk or dark, Porsche laps 525-545 and Lexus 550-610. Sunset for Friday is 536, guess they'll need a headlight check first.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Petit-Le-Mans-2021-IMSA-SPECTATOR-SCHEDULE.pdf (148.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 31 Oct 2021, 21:59 (Ref:4080852)   #329
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'll have plenty to share for lunch
Old 31 Oct 2021, 22:40 (Ref:4080854)   #330
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in my life. I'll offer some Cajun sausages instead
Old 1 Nov 2021, 12:48 (Ref:4080927)   #331
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It was gross enough with the Oscar Mayer label. Then they went with all the chicken, pork and beef. Add in black nasty and you've got the worst hot dog ever produced.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4080930)   #332
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Just for that I'll be dropping your sausages on the clay a couple times "accidentally"

the Friday Sat forecast keeps moving and I'm gonna punch a weatherman right in the face. Might need an extra cover to grill under
Old 1 Nov 2021, 13:37 (Ref:4080933)   #333
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Is that the actual color?

I bought some ketchup that Heinz had labeled as "tomato blood" for halloween. That was good enough for the holiday, no need to change the recipe!
Old 1 Nov 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4080936)   #334
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
That is the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in my life. I'll offer some Cajun sausages instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is that the actual color?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It was gross enough with the Oscar Mayer label. Then they went with all the chicken, pork and beef. Add in black nasty and you've got the worst hot dog ever produced.

Sorry to disappoint - look at the top left of the packaging.

And if you still don't see it - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hallowiener-product/
Old 1 Nov 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4080940)   #335
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
How dare you spoil the stomach turning fun sir

I believe the same folks did a pumpkin spice packaging a few years ago as well
Old 1 Nov 2021, 14:38 (Ref:4080942)   #336
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How dare you spoil the stomach turning fun sir

I believe the same folks did a pumpkin spice packaging a few years ago as well
They've got quite a 'healthy' range, including KFC flavour Listerine and Monster flavour mashed potato.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 15:50 (Ref:4080954)   #337
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
They've got quite a 'healthy' range, including KFC flavour Listerine and Monster flavour mashed potato.
I'd try the fried chicken flavored stuff.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4080962)   #338
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'd try the fried chicken flavored stuff.
The good folks at Kentucky Fried Chicken were allegedly breeding “mutant” chickens with extra-large breasts and additional legs (four, six, or eight, depending on which variation of this wacky legend you heard). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration stepped in and told Kentucky Fried Chicken that the genetically engineered creatures they were producing on their poultry farms could not legally be marketed as “chicken.” Rather than give up the lucrative sales of meat from their big-breasted, multi-legged fowl to adhere to FDA regulations, the company deftly sidestepped the problem by changing their name to “KFC,” thus eliminating all mention of the word “chicken” from their menu and advertisements.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 21:31 (Ref:4081001)   #339
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The good folks at Kentucky Fried Chicken were allegedly breeding “mutant” chickens with extra-large breasts and additional legs (four, six, or eight, depending on which variation of this wacky legend you heard). The U.S. Food and Drug Administration stepped in and told Kentucky Fried Chicken that the genetically engineered creatures they were producing on their poultry farms could not legally be marketed as “chicken.” Rather than give up the lucrative sales of meat from their big-breasted, multi-legged fowl to adhere to FDA regulations, the company deftly sidestepped the problem by changing their name to “KFC,” thus eliminating all mention of the word “chicken” from their menu and advertisements.
I remember hearing this one when I was younger in like 2002 and not believing a word of it
Old 1 Nov 2021, 22:10 (Ref:4081005)   #340
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Yup, good old Kentucky, trying to charge for things using the Commonwealth name. They tried with Kentucky bourbon, they lost as the fed recognized it and said no dice. The K Derby changed their name for a few years until the govt realized that was stupid too. KFC (well Pepsi at the time) and the govt settled
Old 2 Nov 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4081113)   #341
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Also, provisional schedule from Thursday means I'll miss the start at T1 this year starting the grill for ribs, such is life.

Also fun is Porsche and Lexus laps at dusk or dark, Porsche laps 525-545 and Lexus 550-610. Sunset for Friday is 536, guess they'll need a headlight check first.
Competitor IMSA page shows same schedule, still provisional

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...-102821-V1.pdf

Early forecast looking a bit damp for Friday, varying from a tenth to quarter inch

Last edited by broadrun96; 2 Nov 2021 at 13:17.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4081128)   #342
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Look forward to seeing how it goes, everything is in place for you guys for a great weekend

Will be tricky if it's wet on Friday, but if it's dry on race day, then it probably won't mean much, just have to make sure drivers don't wreck their cars. It all depends on how wet it is of course
Old 2 Nov 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4081143)   #343
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Competitor IMSA page shows same schedule, still provisional

https://www.imsa.com/wp-content/uplo...-102821-V1.pdf

Early forecast looking a bit damp for Friday, varying from a tenth to quarter inch
Wet and cold. What could be better? Perhaps we can add a stiff breeze?
Old 3 Nov 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4081267)   #344
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
One week, one week from right now gates will open and it's finally Petit time. Nice 40 degrees but dry this morning so that's decent
Old 3 Nov 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4081276)   #345
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Also, highs are creeping toward the 70s for your cold weather averse folks

https://www.wunderground.com/calenda...braselton/KATL

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...be51c366f3c7ce
Old 3 Nov 2021, 13:34 (Ref:4081283)   #346
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Welp, the forecast has been getting more consistent.
Attached Images

Old 3 Nov 2021, 16:56 (Ref:4081320)   #347
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Now if there's a wet race, it will certainly be even more worth watching, providing you've got some good shelter!
Old 3 Nov 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4081339)   #348
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Also, highs are creeping toward the 70s for your cold weather averse folks

https://www.wunderground.com/calenda...braselton/KATL

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...be51c366f3c7ce
Yes, it will be freezing!
Old 3 Nov 2021, 20:37 (Ref:4081360)   #349
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
You'll be drunk when it is really cold so what do you care?

It's been rumored the Englishman might not make it this year, tough year for him making races after buying the season pass
Old 3 Nov 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4081380)   #350
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any chance that someone has a non-reserved RV pass for sale?
Had a friend go from a "likely won't make it this year" to a "will be there."

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk