Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Oct 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4080801)   #26
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lottie loving it!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 31 Oct 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4080812)   #27
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry James' Elva didn't finish....it did feature on screen a few times though! And gave the commentator the chance for the old "Elle ne vas pas" joke.....
Old 31 Oct 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4080825)   #28
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Surprised that the Lister beat all the Cobras.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 18:33 (Ref:4080836)   #29
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The GP layout doesn't photograph well when there's no crowds. There seemed to be no atmosphere on the TV feed, Oulton Park or Brands GP would have been great.

Old 31 Oct 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4080837)   #30
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the live streaming was excellent. Far better than being there. I have a foul cold so had the perfect excuse to spend all day in the chair with regular supplies provided by my long suffering wife, bless her. Well done to DK Engineering and all involved
Old 31 Oct 2021, 18:46 (Ref:4080838)   #31
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
The GP layout doesn't photograph well when there's no crowds. There seemed to be no atmosphere on the TV feed, Oulton Park or Brands GP would have been great.

Agree with that. I guess only SS can handle the large grids
Old 31 Oct 2021, 21:21 (Ref:4080849)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I thought the live streaming was excellent. Far better than being there. I have a foul cold so had the perfect excuse to spend all day in the chair with regular supplies provided by my long suffering wife, bless her. Well done to DK Engineering and all involved
Agreed. I had the 3 hour race on as background while I caught up with some "paperwork" and the production quality was first rate.

Old 1 Nov 2021, 08:26 (Ref:4080883)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Overall a good event, went faster than last year despite the greasy first 30 mins. Started 40th, finished 26th so not too shabby. Had a great dice with a Mk 2 Jaguar until a Lotus 15(?) got between us and spun. Managed to avoid t-boning it by taking to the gravel trap.

There's always next year.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 09:45 (Ref:4080893)   #34
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Sorry James' Elva didn't finish....it did feature on screen a few times though! And gave the commentator the chance for the old "Elle ne vas pas" joke.....
Well, that was ... interesting!

Still working that car up, only second time out, and first time in wet. Quali was just 15 minute, and with an early red flag we only got one 'flying' (swimming!) lap, and I spun on that one anyway! Plenty of cars didn't even set a time. Soaked through the fireproofs to my undies ... fortunately I'd taken a full spare set of kit!

It had stopped raining maybe 20 mins before our race, and with sun and wind and a session still on track there was some thought that there could be a dry line ... the amount of 'dry' track I saw on the green flag lap all added together was probably less than a tennis court! Lots of standing water still, and very early on, depending on where the low sun was, you could see oil on the top ... i was finding it treacherous ... as those watching the live stream will have noticed! Amazed how well many of the drivers were going ...

A spin on Lap 2 at village, very slow, but the engine stalled and didn't want to restart, a wait for the remaining field to pass by and then the marshals pushed me to safety, I asked if I could try a push-start and they said 'yes' and now it fired, so off I went. Lots of sliding around, so whenever anyone was nearby I backed off, only testing the limits when I was on my own, resulting in two more spins, the final one at Brooklands the engine just died when I thought i'd kept it going and wouldn't fire up and we got pushed off to a DNF. Hey, ho! ... I 'quite' enjoyed it, "character-building" and all that ... although a bit embarrassed, and I hope I didn't inconvenience any fellow competitors.

Roll on '22 - "Elle va de nouveau!" When we return the aging tyres will have been replaced, more fettling will have taken place, and some testing too! Iain has further suggestions for investment as well!

Thanks to Iain and Stewart for their support - as always.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 10:18 (Ref:4080896)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Well, that was ... interesting!

Still working that car up, only second time out, and first time in wet. Quali was just 15 minute, and with an early red flag we only got one 'flying' (swimming!) lap, and I spun on that one anyway! Plenty of cars didn't even set a time. Soaked through the fireproofs to my undies ... fortunately I'd taken a full spare set of kit!

It had stopped raining maybe 20 mins before our race, and with sun and wind and a session still on track there was some thought that there could be a dry line ... the amount of 'dry' track I saw on the green flag lap all added together was probably less than a tennis court! Lots of standing water still, and very early on, depending on where the low sun was, you could see oil on the top ... i was finding it treacherous ... as those watching the live stream will have noticed! Amazed how well many of the drivers were going ...

A spin on Lap 2 at village, very slow, but the engine stalled and didn't want to restart, a wait for the remaining field to pass by and then the marshals pushed me to safety, I asked if I could try a push-start and they said 'yes' and now it fired, so off I went. Lots of sliding around, so whenever anyone was nearby I backed off, only testing the limits when I was on my own, resulting in two more spins, the final one at Brooklands the engine just died when I thought i'd kept it going and wouldn't fire up and we got pushed off to a DNF. Hey, ho! ... I 'quite' enjoyed it, "character-building" and all that ... although a bit embarrassed, and I hope I didn't inconvenience any fellow competitors.

Roll on '22 - "Elle va de nouveau!" When we return the aging tyres will have been replaced, more fettling will have taken place, and some testing too! Iain has further suggestions for investment as well!

Thanks to Iain and Stewart for their support - as always.
Well done James for once I was pleased to be on the spanners and not driving.A lot of people came by and seem to love the little Elva.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 10:46 (Ref:4080900)   #36
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still pulling left on the brakes, Iain, albeit less 'dramatically' than it was in quali.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 12:00 (Ref:4080916)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was great to share our garage with you two and Stuart. Fwiw, the track never really dried all day. There were plenty of spinners even in the expert classes in the Cobras and E Types.
Old 1 Nov 2021, 12:07 (Ref:4080918)   #38
midgetman
Veteran

I saw a white B with a dent in the door Pete, was that you?

Old 1 Nov 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4080938)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No, I caused the dent when he cut me off at Village on the first lap. Don't think it was malicious, just didn't see me. I had just overtaken an Elite and was turning left but he took the tight apex at the same time as me.
Old 2 Nov 2021, 21:48 (Ref:4081204)   #40
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Overall a good event, went faster than last year despite the greasy first 30 mins. Started 40th, finished 26th so not too shabby. Had a great dice with a Mk 2 Jaguar until a Lotus 15(?) got between us and spun. Managed to avoid t-boning it by taking to the gravel trap.

There's always next year.
This little adventure?
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05340.jpg   DSC05341.jpg   DSC05345.jpg  

DSC05348.jpg  
Old 2 Nov 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4081207)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup, quite close really.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4081246)   #42
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yup, quite close really.
Quite close….a small understatement based on that second photo…looks like you did well to miss it!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 3 Nov 2021, 14:31 (Ref:4081291)   #43
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
Still pulling left on the brakes, Iain, albeit less 'dramatically' than it was in quali.
I had this on an Alfa moons ago, worse in the wet. Changing the discs for a pair made by the same foundry (same time, checked with #) fixed it. Hope this helps.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 16:18 (Ref:4081305)   #44
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yup, quite close really.

After your Spa incident you're making a habit of these close encounters This one no fault of yours, of course....
Old 3 Nov 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4081321)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Don't think you can really blame me for getting a puncture at Spa or for being driven off the track. Putting my hands up for hitting the MGB's door though.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4081337)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Don't think you can really blame me for getting a puncture at Spa or for being driven off the track. Putting my hands up for hitting the MGB's door though.
Peter, did you have any adverse reactions to your booster? I have mine booked for Friday.

Baub.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4081346)   #47
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
None at all.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4081349)   #48
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Here, some drivers get the bad habit not to put on the brakes after spinning, their car becoming a moving and unpredictable obstacle. We try to warn everyone during the briefings but when you see so many overtake under SC or yellow flag, sounds like talking to a brick wall!
Old 3 Nov 2021, 20:47 (Ref:4081365)   #49
jcdeleted
Rookie

jcdeleted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Peter, did you have any adverse reactions to your booster? I have mine booked for Friday.

Baub.
Absolutely none for me either
Old 4 Nov 2021, 02:17 (Ref:4081400)   #50
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Baub.
My Mother had hers last week (Pfizer #3) and had no issues, just a bit lethargic for a couple of days.