Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 3 Nov 2021, 23:11 (Ref:4081381)   #351
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damn, looks like they've changed to all non-reserved RVs are over in T9 and it's all non-reserved tent at 3, unless I haven't noticed the last couple years. I've been thinking I was gonna keep my new reserved spot without a trailer but definitely am now in case it's needed for other campers until I get a trailer. And no more available on the site, I'm surprised. Guessing I'll be throwing punches to save space for Bacons, joeb, and a couple foreign visitors

If I see any comments on Road Atlanta fb stuff I'll let ya know but seems like more people returning after a couple or more years away.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 01:08 (Ref:4081394)   #352
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We’ll be there lunch Thursday.

One final trip to the store and we’re good. Although half the party needs to get covid test and proof of vaccine before then!

Then it’s see you at T4.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 01:24 (Ref:4081395)   #353
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got my super duper bonus shot this week, flu at the same time under the same bandaid. Not quite tetanus sore but damn, shoulder still aching.

Sadly no magic powers yet but 150 bucks from the city for getting it so sign me up for free money
Old 4 Nov 2021, 02:29 (Ref:4081402)   #354
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bonus! I’m doing the flu one for free tomorrow. The main 5G booster later in the month just before six month anniversary.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 12:24 (Ref:4081440)   #355
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got mine back in June so I'm still good. Scheduled to get there right around 9 Wednesday morning then I get to drive around and pick out a spot. Also so super magneto powers 5 months after my hokey pokey either.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4081448)   #356
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
At the rate posts are coming in about camping at the track I would expect a bit of a line at the gate at 9 am honestly, but good time to be searching for your spot joining the Oklahoma land rush
Old 4 Nov 2021, 13:45 (Ref:4081459)   #357
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You'll be drunk when it is really cold so what do you care?

It's been rumored the Englishman might not make it this year, tough year for him making races after buying the season pass
Oh no, what's going on with Tony? Family committments?

Quote:
Damn, looks like they've changed to all non-reserved RVs are over in T9 and it's all non-reserved tent at 3, unless I haven't noticed the last couple years. I've been thinking I was gonna keep my new reserved spot without a trailer but definitely am now in case it's needed for other campers until I get a trailer. And no more available on the site, I'm surprised. Guessing I'll be throwing punches to save space for Bacons, joeb, and a couple foreign visitors

If I see any comments on Road Atlanta fb stuff I'll let ya know but seems like more people returning after a couple or more years away.
Thanks for helping save me a spot! I'm planning on leaving by 7am central, no clue what that means for my arrival time. Depends on the usual haircuts and I-85 drama. But i do expect it to be dark with that time changin.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4081470)   #358
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm not sure, was just told by Meghan he said he wasn't gonna make it. I haven't texted him yet or heard from him myself. if he doesn't make it I might sell reserved parking to get him some of the RV pass cost back. Apparently Thomas and Leigh Anne are just coming for Saturday.

By my count we'll have 9 campers (joeb, fod, Jham, Adam43 +1, Bacons, Nate and a fat guy) and 2 day trippers so not too bad. I'll probably bring 6-8 racks for Saturday then, probably do St Louis ribs over baby backs but I'll see what's around
Old 4 Nov 2021, 14:53 (Ref:4081481)   #359
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sounds like a great event. Anyone wanna predict the winner? It's hard to pick one on the current form guide
Old 4 Nov 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4081490)   #360
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm not sure, was just told by Meghan he said he wasn't gonna make it. I haven't texted him yet or heard from him myself. if he doesn't make it I might sell reserved parking to get him some of the RV pass cost back. Apparently Thomas and Leigh Anne are just coming for Saturday.

By my count we'll have 9 campers (joeb, fod, Jham, Adam43 +1, Bacons, Nate and a fat guy) and 2 day trippers so not too bad. I'll probably bring 6-8 racks for Saturday then, probably do St Louis ribs over baby backs but I'll see what's around
Sounds like a solid crowd. I can't remember Tony not being there while i've been camping by y'all. Steak Night may be on the wet side, but hopefully no need for extra tent for the smoker on saturday.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4081494)   #361
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tony is seeing the Stones on Thursday and that somehow means he can't make it at all? I got a cryptic text asking if I wanted his ticket based on that...

If the weather on Saturday is anything like today, I'm not going to be pleased.

I'll take back my previous comments as it looks like we might be at peak foliage next week!!

And my father is being honored on Veteran's day at his new place of residence at 1 PM Thursday so I'm not getting there until later in the day as I want to be in attendance for that.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4081495)   #362
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
We can't fault you there at all sir, Tony on the other hand. I get it being Stones and time but still.

And yes, today sucks. Car says 45 and it's a mist so no thanks

Might actually have good color across track from us, hickories and southern sugar maples exploded in yellows this week. Also, might get persimmons that are edible behind the flag stand

Last edited by broadrun96; 4 Nov 2021 at 16:23.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4081497)   #363
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Tony is seeing the Stones on Thursday and that somehow means he can't make it at all? I got a cryptic text asking if I wanted his ticket based on that...

If the weather on Saturday is anything like today, I'm not going to be pleased.

I'll take back my previous comments as it looks like we might be at peak foliage next week!!

And my father is being honored on Veteran's day at his new place of residence at 1 PM Thursday so I'm not getting there until later in the day as I want to be in attendance for that.
Despite Broad mentioning high temps in the upper 60's it is going to be cold and wet.

Congrats on Pops! my inlaws visit this time of year for kids bday, and the school always has a program to honor parents/grandparents who are veterans. kids sing songs, there is a slideshow and pictures taken with the family.

Quote:
We can't fault you there at all sir, Tony on the other hand. I get it being Stones and time but still.

And yes, today sucks. Car says 45 and it's a mist so no thanks

Might actually have good color across track from us, hickories and southern sugar maples exploded in yellows this week. Also, might get persimmons that are edible behind the flag stand
Maybe Tony changes his mind when he sees the great weather on friday!
do i need to bring more firewood?
Old 4 Nov 2021, 17:43 (Ref:4081509)   #364
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
the 30's may be making an appearance saturday evening. chamber of commerce weather
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 4 Nov 2021, 17:54 (Ref:4081510)   #365
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
But the actual precipitation percentage is 30s. But as Statham says "It always rains at (petit) Le Mans"
Old 4 Nov 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4081511)   #366
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All this talk of firewood.... is there a place locally you can pick some up?
Old 4 Nov 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4081521)   #367
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
Yes. Most grocery stores sell it. The previously mentioned gas station where you can buy the big bags of ice has had some in the past, but it could be slim pickings...not sure.

I'd assume you'd go back out so maybe try that gas station and then the closest grocery store next.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 19:33 (Ref:4081523)   #368
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Sounds like a great event. Anyone wanna predict the winner? It's hard to pick one on the current form guide
Race thread here: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156641
Old 4 Nov 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4081534)   #369
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
There are wooded areas inside the track that are available for harvest, bring your own saw. Seriously though, people do this every year, so it is probably pretty picked over.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 21:41 (Ref:4081536)   #370
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And there will be a pile of VERY green water oak conveniently thrown just in the woods, no idea where it would have come from
Old 4 Nov 2021, 21:42 (Ref:4081537)   #371
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Thanks.
Old 5 Nov 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4081652)   #372
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
In my daily weather update, Sunday through Wednesday look great!

Unfortunately the race is Saturday.......
Old 5 Nov 2021, 16:37 (Ref:4081654)   #373
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
40-50% chances though so maybe. But yes, double rain gear and rain pants are the order of the day
Old 5 Nov 2021, 16:45 (Ref:4081656)   #374
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Tony's spot is in between ours...
Old 5 Nov 2021, 17:56 (Ref:4081663)   #375
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well that could complicate things but I know a guy who can fix that. And if not I’m bigger so complainers can be dealt with.

2 more hours and I’m done here and it’s beer thirty for a week