Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Nov 2021, 01:19 (Ref:4084667)   #151
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Read it a fourth time it might not make sense again
Old 21 Nov 2021, 01:19 (Ref:4084668)   #152
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2 View Post
An outcome is different to being found guilty of said offences...or not. My original post was about AsccracingUk's assumption of guilt not an eventual outcome if found guilty.

To me, it will be a surprise if Verstappen receives a penalty but Sainz and Bottas don't (or vice versa). If Verstappen receives a harsher penalty I will not be surprised at all.

I'm afraid I didn't quite understand your post first of all. After re-reading it about 3 times now I do.
My assumption is an opinion based on video evidence and the rules along with over 10 years experience as a flag marshal at national and international motorsport events including Indycar, Le Mans and Formula 1.

Now there’s always the chance that my assumption could be wrong, however if the rules are followed to the letter, I am not wrong.

Your point of view and opinion comes from twisting or misinterpreting drivers interviews, fabricating a green flag which didn’t exist, along with a yellow light on the dash that isn’t relevant per the rules.

As you say though, we will see tomorrow, but I will be surprised and disappointed if the FIA don’t act, especially after harping on about setting an example post race in Brazil.

I’m out. Time for bed.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 01:21 (Ref:4084671)   #153
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Adam, I wouldn’t bother….I’ve tried reasoning with him for the last 3 hours, presenting fact but all Beau does it assume things or doesn’t grasp the rules. Best go to bed!
Ok dude. I'll sure look forward to your inevitable rant if no penalties are given. This debate is enough for me now but you set your stall here by making a false equivalence between the results of the Brazil investigations and these completely separate allegations to claim that the FIA are biased.

I will, as always wait on the final verdict before assuming guilt, or what outcome will be granted to each individual driver.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 01:25 (Ref:4084672)   #154
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ok dude. I'll sure look forward to your inevitable rant if no penalties are given. This debate is enough for me now but you set your stall here by making a false equivalence between the results of the Brazil investigations and these completely separate allegations to claim that the FIA are biased.

I will, as always wait on the final verdict before assuming guilt, or what outcome will be granted to each individual driver.
I’ve not made a false equivalence anywhere, nor have I claimed the fia are biased or compared this situation to Brazil. You really do need to learn to read properly. Maybe then you won’t misinterpret what people are saying, whether they are forum member or f1 drivers

Rant? Nope…as long as the FIA give clear, concise, open reasoning for it, then I will be content to take their word for it.

I think you need to read my posts 3 or 4 times, like Adam’s above until they make sense you do seem to get confused easily

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 21 Nov 2021 at 01:31.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 01:31 (Ref:4084673)   #155
Beau2
Racer

Quote:
I’ve not made a false equivalence anywhere, nor have I claimed the fia are biased or compared this situation to Brazil. You really do need to learn to read properly. Maybe then you won’t misinterpret what people are saying, whether they are forum member or f1 drivers

Rant? Nope…as long as the FIA give clear, concise, open reasoning for it, then I will be content to take their word for it.
Post #45 suggests otherwise. You clearly made a false equivalence between various unrelated investigations. But ok, carry on with your passive aggressive and sarcastic posting.

Have a good night and lets try and enjoy the race tomorrow regardless of the outcome of these investigations.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 01:36 (Ref:4084674)   #156
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Post #45 suggests otherwise. But ok, carry on with your passive aggressive and sarcastic posting.

Have a good night and lets try and enjoy the race tomorrow regardless of the outcome of these investigations.
And I quote:

“I think after winggate and Brazil, if max isn’t penalised for this (along with any other drivers who infringed) the FIA would look plain embarrassing”

Nowhere have I created a false equivalency, compared this incident to Brazil or called the FIA biased.

Again there you go again ‘suggests’. That’s your own misinterpretation and assumption.

Again, I’ve stated before I’m not being sarcastic or passive aggressive….again that’s your own assumption.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 01:36 (Ref:4084675)   #157
Beau2
Racer

Quote:

I think you need to read my posts 3 or 4 times, like Adam’s above until they make sense you do seem to get confused easily
I would rather not... thanks.

Have a good night
Old 21 Nov 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4084710)   #158
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
One was double yellows, two were single. That is a difference. Hence it could be different outcome.

And not surprising. Unless you are easily surprised.
Agreed.
Previous penalty for single yellow - 3 grid place.
Previous penalty for double yellow - 5 grid place.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4084711)   #159
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with passion.
I totally agree, it is the use of the possessive intimating they are activally involved in the team that bugs me. Things like "we are a bit slow in practise but we will be faster in the race" Hallo, when did you become a team member and not a fan??? Don't try and argue that being a fan makes you part of the team, that is just fantasy land stuff. Become a true fan of F1 overall, follow a team and enjoy the racing. I will now get off my soapbox.

Signed: COF (Crank Old Fart)
Old 21 Nov 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4084712)   #160
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I totally agree, it is the use of the possessive intimating they are activally involved in the team that bugs me. Things like "we are a bit slow in practise but we will be faster in the race" Hallo, when did you become a team member and not a fan??? Don't try and argue that being a fan makes you part of the team, that is just fantasy land stuff. Become a true fan of F1 overall, follow a team and enjoy the racing. I will now get off my soapbox.

Signed: COF (Crank Old Fart)
I think thankfully for the most part, most of those on 10tenths are pretty restrained for the modern era….if we can get rid of the ‘whattaboutery’ and alternate realities we would be ok….just don’t head to PistonHeads or Twitter….
Old 21 Nov 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4084714)   #161
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hamilton takes the pole. His position is going to look even better if Max gets a penalty for the yellow flag infringement. And what's more, he's got Bottas to back him up, while Checo isn't even in the top ten to help Max

Good to see both Alpha Tauris up there, Gasly 4th and Tsunoda 8th. Bit odd what happened at the end there to Pierre, just missed the pit entry, then proceeded to park on the track

Good to see Alonso up there too
Old 21 Nov 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4084716)   #162
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Well it looks like Bottas might get a penalty too if Max does, so he might not be there to back him up quite so much.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4084718)   #163
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Well it looks like Bottas might get a penalty too if Max does, so he might not be there to back him up quite so much.
But - Bottas was a single yellow, so normally a lesser penalty.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4084719)   #164
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
delete post
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4084741)   #165
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Less than two hours to go to race time, and over two hours since Max was due before the stewards, and no news?

Cutting it fine......
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4084742)   #166
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Bottas - 3 place grid penalty.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:30 (Ref:4084743)   #167
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Bottas - 3 place grid penalty.
Bottas 3
Max 5

As I said, no mitigating circumstances, no green flag, the stewards have even cited previous incidents as way of explaination.

Interesting reading the stewards decision, Max admitted he saw Gasly and still didn’t slow down, Bottas just said he didn’t notice the flag.

Silly Max.

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 21 Nov 2021 at 12:42.
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:37 (Ref:4084745)   #168
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
So, consistency in a Stewards' ruling? Who would have thought it possible?

"Earlier this year, Vettel was given a five-place grid penalty for failing to slow under double waved yellow flags during qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix.

Vettel failed to abandon his lap under the double yellows at Turn 1, although the stewards acknowledged that he had never been clearly shown these flags. However, as he could see the spun car of Nikita Mazepin at Turn 1, he was deemed to have committed the transgression and given the penalty, and penalty points.

In 2020, McLaren driver Lando Norris (in Turkey) and Williams' George Russell (in Great Britain) were also given five-place grid penalties after being found to have failed to slow for double yellow flags."
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:39 (Ref:4084746)   #169
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Is Sainz' penalty confirmed?

ATM on Autosport.com, there's a pice about Bottas: 3 and Verstappen: 5 but no mention about Sainz?

Just this in the piece about Verstappen:
Quote:
Valtteri Bottas and Carlos Sainz Jr also met with the stewards for failing to slow for single-waved yellow flags, with Bottas being handed a three-place grid drop.
That seems to suggest Sainz has been cleared?
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:41 (Ref:4084747)   #170
ascarracinguk
Veteran

FFS Horner now blaming marshals. I’m done with him. Never takes responsibility for their actions

NO CHRISTIAN!!!!

Marshals are your first line of defence, they can react quicker to a situation than a guy in a room 400m away….that’s what they’re there for!!!
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:52 (Ref:4084748)   #171
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Autosport's piece on Verstappen has been updated and it now reads:
Quote:
Valtteri Bottas and Carlos Sainz Jr also met with the stewards for failing to slow for single-waved yellow flags, with Bottas being handed a three-place grid drop, while Sainz has avoided a grid penalty.
and
Quote:
Verstappen confirmed to the stewards he had seen Gasly’s stricken car, to which they argued: “It is reasonable to expect, as was the case of the driver of Car 55, that there was a potential danger and that a yellow flag situation probably existed and therefore to take the appropriate action.”
So Sainz has effectively been cleared of doing anything wrong? ... and must have taken "appropriate action" (car 55) ?
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4084749)   #172
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis has got this one in the bag. A bit of poetic justice after Brazil?
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:57 (Ref:4084750)   #173
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Lewis has got this one in the bag. A bit of poetic justice after Brazil?
Let’s get through lap 1 first. Alonso and Gasly could be very eager and fast off the start
Old 21 Nov 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4084751)   #174
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Alonso to screw it all up?
Old 21 Nov 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4084752)   #175
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
FFS Horner now blaming marshals. I’m done with him. Never takes responsibility for their actions

NO CHRISTIAN!!!!

Marshals are your first line of defence, they can react quicker to a situation than a guy in a room 400m away….that’s what they’re there for!!!

Just seen this - can't believe Horner effectively suggesting that drivers should have the right to make their own decisions about whether a yellow flag is to be respected, or not.........