Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Nov 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4085445)   #551
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing is clear, WSR do take pay drivers even if talent/potential isn't obvious. It keeps the lights on.

I'm calling it - Boardley to switch camps and selling his TBLs.
Old 25 Nov 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4085447)   #552
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aidan Moffat tested the Cupra of Team HARD
Old 25 Nov 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4085452)   #553
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

But - as this is a rumour thread - Lloyd, or the recently RWD-experienced Chilton in at WSR?

I can’t see Chilton going from one BMW team to another considering he didn’t seem to gel with the the Cicely car all year
Old 25 Nov 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4085455)   #554
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Aidan Moffat tested the Cupra of Team HARD
Yes - always good to have a driver provide some input to help with the car's development.
Old 25 Nov 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4085458)   #555
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://twitter.com/markblundellf1/s...858177034?s=21

Grasping at straws, but... is that a 'Mat Jackson' under the MB Motorsport team?
Old 25 Nov 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4085460)   #556
porsche962fan
Veteran

no, last letter first name doesn't seem to be a T
Old 25 Nov 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4085461)   #557
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
no, last letter first name doesn't seem to be a T
Yeah looks like it might be Max.
Old 25 Nov 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4085462)   #558
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://twitter.com/markblundellf1/s...858177034?s=21

Grasping at straws, but... is that a 'Mat Jackson' under the MB Motorsport team?
Quote:
Yeah looks like it might be Max.
Isn't it Tom Jackson?
Old 25 Nov 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4085463)   #559
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yes - always good to have a driver provide some input to help with the car's development.
More likely is the Laser tools superteam all running Cupra, tying in with the idea Ash is departing to new pastures asone chassis type for the whole squad and less spares to bring as Laser come inhouse for Aiden at HARD. Lser title sponsor?

Goff
Taylor-Smith
Moffat
Crees

Some TBLs accounted for then. And infinitis to rehome.
Old 26 Nov 2021, 06:01 (Ref:4085502)   #560
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Laser have been inhouse at HARD for over a year now.
Old 26 Nov 2021, 11:06 (Ref:4085527)   #561
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Understandable that Oliphant is taking a year off to support his partner

Be interesting now to see who get his BMW seat, that's certainly going to be a hot ticket
Old 26 Nov 2021, 11:46 (Ref:4085529)   #562
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Isn't it Tom Jackson?
Highly likely:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomjacksonmotorsport/

'Tom joined the MB Partners team whilst completing the final year of his Sports Journalism degree at Solent University, where he graduated with First Class Honours.
Bitten by the bug from a young age, Tom has been obsessed with motor racing since he was four years old. Devoted to working in the industry, he steps into the role of PR Officer after becoming an FIA-accredited journalist working in the Formula One paddock.
Away from work, Tom is a keen gamer and enjoys DJing in his spare time.'
Old 28 Nov 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4085776)   #563
porsche962fan
Veteran

any new credible rumors?? , seems so quiet lately
Old 29 Nov 2021, 07:51 (Ref:4085842)   #564
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Triple Eight Racing have teased a triumphant return to the BTCC this morning... on Tiktok. Didn't a fan buy the name a few years ago?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4085844)   #565
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
any new credible rumors?? , seems so quiet lately
There are a few deals signed recently but being kept under wraps, so whilst it might seem quiet, there is stuff happening. Nothing new to the rumour mill from that though. A lot hangs on the TBL allocation, then expect a flurry of activity and rumours
Old 29 Nov 2021, 08:12 (Ref:4085845)   #566
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
There are a few deals signed recently but being kept under wraps, so whilst it might seem quiet, there is stuff happening. Nothing new to the rumour mill from that though. A lot hangs on the TBL allocation, then expect a flurry of activity and rumours
Is the TBL list announced next Monday?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 08:31 (Ref:4085850)   #567
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Triple Eight Racing have teased a triumphant return to the BTCC this morning... on Tiktok. Didn't a fan buy the name a few years ago?
I'm not sure of a fan buying the name.
The team was absorbed into BMR in 2017:

'At the end of 2016, the team was sold to Team BMR chief Warren Scott. He retained 888’s MG factory programme in 2017 but the cars were sold to AmD Tuning for the 2018 BTCC season. For the first time since the foundation of the team, the Triple Eight Racing wasn’t part of the BTCC grid. Then, at the end of 2018, the team ceased its operations completely.

“We had nothing to use name for anymore. We have sold the assets – or they are with other people now – and so we decided to wind it up. It is a shame. We looked at running cars in the TCR UK Championship under the Triple Eight name, but that didn’t happen. It is a shame, but that is just how things go,” Warren Scott said.'

Mark Nichols then established a company called Triple Eight Racing and Engineering Limited in 2018 that was then dormant for a couple of years (could this be the fan that bought the name?)
I've heard that this new company has a presence in e-racing. I wonder if the return to BTCC is connected to the video game coming in 2022?
Old 29 Nov 2021, 09:13 (Ref:4085852)   #568
Pickles
Veteran

Correct, Mark Nichols bought a similar name.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4085868)   #569
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder if the return to BTCC is connected to the video game coming in 2022?
Btw is it coming after all? Been very quiet on this for quite some time.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 12:31 (Ref:4085869)   #570
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do wonder if we shall see more teams, especially if there is going to be a reduced amount of cars in a team
Old 29 Nov 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4085872)   #571
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Btw is it coming after all? Been very quiet on this for quite some time.
Was always due in 2022,not sure what you're expecting before then. Several of the current cars have been scanned etc so I'd imagine it's still going ahead as planned.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 14:32 (Ref:4085889)   #572
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Was always due in 2022,not sure what you're expecting before then. Several of the current cars have been scanned etc so I'd imagine it's still going ahead as planned.
Dunno, it's been a long time since I took a very close interest in video games so I may have expected unexpected anyway, was just interested if there are any news on this at all.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 14:58 (Ref:4085894)   #573
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Dunno, it's been a long time since I took a very close interest in video games so I may have expected unexpected anyway, was just interested if there are any news on this at all.
Yeah I thought something was coming Winter 2021? To not have had any more information or even acknowledgement since the announcement is a bit worrying.
Old 29 Nov 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4085903)   #574
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yeah I thought something was coming Winter 2021? To not have had any more information or even acknowledgement since the announcement is a bit worrying.
The announcement was first made 29th July 2020.
That announcement said 'Motorsport Games, the video game developer and publisher dedicated to the integration of racing game development and esports, has today announced that it has secured a multi-year license to create the official video game and associated esport for the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). One of the highest profile and most beloved racing championships in the world, the BTCC has a rich history in video games and its renaissance in the virtual world will begin with the development of a new dedicated game, scheduled for 2022.'

I'm not sure why people think it would be earlier?

https://www.btcc.net/2020/07/29/motorsport-games-signs-long-term-agreement-with-the-british-touring-car-championship-to-create-video-game-and-esports-series/
Old 29 Nov 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4085907)   #575
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Whilst the BTCC Game has been brought up - for those who genuinely want to keep abreast of updates and are interested in the background to the game's inception:

An interview with the president of Motorsport Games.
'The recent announcement of a new British Touring Cars Championship racing game has generated a lot of excitement, but there are still plenty of questions. It’s a title that isn’t coming until 2022, and naturally details are scarce.
To learn more, we had a chat with Stephen Hood, president of Motorsport Games, who is in charge of the title’s development.'

And a signup to receive updates.
https://www.btccgame.com/