Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Dec 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4086098)   #3126
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
A Pug in the Bath(urst) who'd have thunk it

need to try and work out how to watch over here, we used to get v8 supercars on TV all the time but it disappeared a few years back along with motors TV.
I will have a look to see what local freebie streams are running that hopefully wont be geo-blocked. Kee an eye out here where I will post anything I find.

Edit: Actually I just remembered a bit of a loophole that might be an option.
A pay streaming V8SC service called Kayo offer a new subscriber 14 day free trial. From what others have done previously it seems you can sign up on the freebie two weeks for 2 weeks and then cancel so you get the two weeks gratis and thus coverage in HD of the run up, practice, qualy, shootout and race on "your device of choice".

Just a heads up, the race used to start at 10am Sunday local time.... this year is does not start until midday, so means the latter stages will be at a more Euro friendly time. That is Aus Eastern time. (I think we are 11 hours ahead of UK atm. ie 7:30 pm here now and its 8:30 am in UK)

This link should explain the streaming option I mentioned https://kayosports.com.au/

I will keep an eye out for any others though and post here in this thread.

Re the Pug thing, just realised they got a 1-2 finish in the TCR first race, and had a front row lockout on the grid.

Last edited by E.B; 1 Dec 2021 at 08:33. Reason: Added Kayo option stuff and event time .
Old 1 Dec 2021, 09:11 (Ref:4086108)   #3127
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bathurst is live on BT Sport Sunday morning in the UK if you have it.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4086109)   #3128
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Edit: Actually I just remembered a bit of a loophole that might be an option.
A pay streaming V8SC service called Kayo offer a new subscriber 14 day free trial. From what others have done previously it seems you can sign up on the freebie two weeks for 2 weeks and then cancel so you get the two weeks gratis and thus coverage in HD of the run up, practice, qualy, shootout and race on "your device of choice".

This link should explain the streaming option I mentioned https://kayosports.com.au/

OK just looked more into Kayo.... no good for Europe unfortunately. Apologies for misleading you.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 10:14 (Ref:4086117)   #3129
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:

need to try and work out how to watch over here, we used to get v8 supercars on TV all the time but it disappeared a few years back along with motors TV.
Yes the v8 Supercars are "entertaining" on BT Sport, mind you it's only good for that and MotoGP otherwise I wouldn't bother with it, IMHO
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Dec 2021, 14:17 (Ref:4086141)   #3130
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For £4.99 you can watch every piece of the action and replays through Superview available on Youtube with the official Aussie Supercars website.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4086142)   #3131
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Stunning to learn they have one make races for 404 diesel!
Old 2 Dec 2021, 07:19 (Ref:4086226)   #3132
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
For £4.99 you can watch every piece of the action and replays through Superview available on Youtube with the official Aussie Supercars website.
Good shout. I subscribed at the beginning of the sesson. You get the whole meeting racecard included. Practice, qualy, race for all the categories entered.
Old 2 Dec 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4086228)   #3133
Gravel Trap
Rookie

Gravel Trap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The race appears to be live from 1am on Freesport, channel 422 on Sky.
Old 2 Dec 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4086232)   #3134
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Trap View Post
The race appears to be live from 1am on Freesport, channel 422 on Sky.

That fits with the race start. 1am Sunday UK time is midday Sunday Australian Eastern.... the race officially starts at 12:15 local time so you will get a 15 minute intro before the live start at 1:15am UK time.
Old 2 Dec 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4086239)   #3135
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
We have BT sport . . .I may record it and watch at sensible O'clock

can also FF a bit if needs be.

be good to see te touring car masters as well if they show that.
Old 2 Dec 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4086255)   #3136
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just remembered, a day late, to turn my calendar for the last time this year......

Will miss Mike's smiling face next year.........
Old 2 Dec 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4086272)   #3137
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

be good to see te touring car masters as well if they show that.
We have already had a couple of TCM races one each today and yesterday. Another couple to go, tomorrow and Saturday..

The TCM you tube channel has (short)highlights of the two race done, plus obviously a lot of other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrq...IzFzJdXGHTWB-g is the link to their channel.
Old 2 Dec 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4086289)   #3138
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Just remembered, a day late, to turn my calendar for the last time this year......

Will miss Mike's smiling face next year.........
I do have one remaining un-opened 2027* 'A Tribute to Mike Bell' calendar if anyone would like it. (Any payment to be sent to a charity that seems suitable).
*2027 is apparently the next time that the days & dates will be the same as this year...
Old 3 Dec 2021, 20:11 (Ref:4086481)   #3139
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ae3l21hhm...IZFYjj85a?dl=0

Would some techy try and download this link,to a 2022 Mike Bell Tribute calendar. if it works a copy can be downloaded from the site;

Ta,

Baub.
Old 4 Dec 2021, 02:12 (Ref:4086509)   #3140
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I've only sampled it so far, but it looks great - thanks Bob!
Old 4 Dec 2021, 07:39 (Ref:4086525)   #3141
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I've only sampled it so far, but it looks great - thanks Bob!
Cheers, Lanky, I am glad it works, I was not sure if it would allow access.

Hope you have a decent printer.
Baub.
Old 4 Dec 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4086580)   #3142
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes it works fine from here, thanks, well done.
Old 4 Dec 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4086583)   #3143
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed, well done Baub. I don't expect any objections to naming the next thread, Bell's Banter 2022.
Old 4 Dec 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4086587)   #3144
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed, well done Baub. I don't expect any objections to naming the next thread, Bell's Banter 2022.

Works for me.....
Old 4 Dec 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4086588)   #3145
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stop arguing!
Old 4 Dec 2021, 19:21 (Ref:4086606)   #3146
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Stop arguing!
I was going to suggest Bull's Banter, but thought better of it!
Old 4 Dec 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4086609)   #3147
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bull's Bull?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Dec 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4086614)   #3148
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Bull's Bull?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Works for me
Old 4 Dec 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4086617)   #3149
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Happy to go with the flow

My suggestion, for a few reasons, and a change, would be Mikes meanderings, or Mike Like meanders . .

Subject to a Delta spell check, Obvyasslee.
Old 4 Dec 2021, 22:10 (Ref:4086632)   #3150
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bauble's Bletherings?