Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Jan 2022, 09:39 (Ref:4093066)   #1251
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
I'm always unsure on this rule is there not a stipulation of being on sale within the last 5 years? im sure this is in part why the Chevys had to be ditched at the end of 2017 and the MG's in 2019?
The irony being that the Dynamics DC5 Integra was the genesis of the dealer network part of the rule and the Dynamics Fk2 Civic was the reason for the 5 year part. But no the Fk8 is good for a while yet. The next car to drop off is the Astra I think.
Old 10 Jan 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4093075)   #1252
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
The irony being that the Dynamics DC5 Integra was the genesis of the dealer network part of the rule and the Dynamics Fk2 Civic was the reason for the 5 year part. But no the Fk8 is good for a while yet. The next car to drop off is the Astra I think.
It seems the FK8 Civic is the only one mentioned on the Honda UK site, while Vauxhall are showing the new Astra. I think it is highly unlikely that we would see any of the Civics & Astras still running in 2027 anyway though.
Old 10 Jan 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4093076)   #1253
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
That seems right. I think, from the 2021 grid:

Q50 - up to 2025
Astra K - up to 2026
Civic FK8 - up to 2027
Old 10 Jan 2022, 11:22 (Ref:4093077)   #1254
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
It seems the FK8 Civic is the only one mentioned on the Honda UK site, while Vauxhall are showing the new Astra. I think it is highly unlikely that we would see any of the Civics & Astras still running in 2027 anyway though.
BTCC 2027 season discussion, News and Rumours thread?
Old 10 Jan 2022, 12:48 (Ref:4093085)   #1255
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's very intriguing seeing who's going where. I do think some teams have maybe too many seats, which is a shame in some respects, as I do think it would be nice to have some more teams on the grid to spice it up. But we'll see what happens
Old 10 Jan 2022, 13:13 (Ref:4093091)   #1256
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
While the subject of eligible cars is being mentioned - 2022 will see NGTC become the longest set of regulations in use in the history of BTCC, overtaking ST.

Previously, ST was used from 1991-2000.
NGTC was first used in 2010, (Thompson in FP1 at Brands) and is set to run for quite a few years more.

Has NGTC delivered us everything it promised?

• Dramatically reduce the design, build and running costs of the cars and engines
• Reduce the potential for significant performance disparities between cars
• ‘Future proof’ the regulations by being able to easily modify the various performance parameters
• Reduce reliance on WTCC/S2000 equipment, due to increasing costs/complexity and concerns as to its future sustainability/direction

For some information on NGTC numbers, as we enter a season with a capacity 32-car grid:
Over 100 drivers have now competed in the series at the wheel of NGTC cars.
Not counting bodyshell changes (ST/RS, Tourer/Hatch) Over 21 models of car have competed.
Old 10 Jan 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4093122)   #1257
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think it’s fair to say that they have reduced the engine costs, however the chassis builds costs I believe are £200,000+, so I don’t know if that aim has been achieved.
Old 10 Jan 2022, 20:44 (Ref:4093143)   #1258
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going back to the Hybrid thing. Didn't Ciceley run it on their 125?
Old 10 Jan 2022, 21:27 (Ref:4093145)   #1259
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Going back to the Hybrid thing. Didn't Ciceley run it on their 125?
Yes - https://www.btcc.net/2021/09/09/rwd-btcc-hybrid-breaks-cover/
Old 11 Jan 2022, 07:30 (Ref:4093233)   #1260
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think it’s fair to say that they have reduced the engine costs, however the chassis builds costs I believe are £200,000+, so I don’t know if that aim has been achieved.
Costs are a funny subject. These cars are expensive to build (and you either have to build it yourself or buy one off a rival) and have no real resale value. Where as the likes of TCR cars hold their values well as they can be run in many different series.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 08:56 (Ref:4093238)   #1261
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
But you can amortise them over several seasons, whilst keeping them competitive until they get really ancient, and you can use some of the standardised parts from one car to build another car in a new chassis or model, so all in all I think they are good value for a team.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4093251)   #1262
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
Would make sense on the naming front

Butcher and Chilton first out the hat?
It's a No for Chilton apparently, who might have signed with Hyundai if you believe Reddit.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:19 (Ref:4093260)   #1263
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
It's a No for Chilton apparently, who might have signed with Hyundai if you believe Reddit.
Hyundai meaning Excelr8 or Hyundai elsewhere? (Like WTCR, TCR Europe for instance)
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4093262)   #1264
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No. Cosworth and M-Sport were operating the engine and hybrid parts of the car, Speedworks only did the bare bones of making the car go around the track reliably (suspension and gearbox). Likewise with Ciceley and the 1-series Hybrid
To add to this, the Toyota hybrid mule spent most of its year running around M-Sport's Cumbrian base with zero Speedworks involvement.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4093263)   #1265
Bazz
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
normally a lurker but thought id register as always great to follow the build up to the season opener.

At this stage of the year its also super exciting to see who will win the annual entry list competition between 962 and crmalcolm. Always a close and bitter race between the two longtime great mates. My money is on 962 this year who got a headstart but crmalcolm refuses to give in.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4093266)   #1266
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hyundai meaning Excelr8 or Hyundai elsewhere? (Like WTCR, TCR Europe for instance)
Sorry, Excelr8
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4093267)   #1267
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, Excelr8
Nice that he stays in the BTCC (or at least that's the rumour) and in a FWD machinery he might be back to consistent Top 10 finishes and some podiums.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4093268)   #1268
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
normally a lurker but thought id register as always great to follow the build up to the season opener.

At this stage of the year its also super exciting to see who will win the annual entry list competition between 962 and crmalcolm. Always a close and bitter race between the two longtime great mates. My money is on 962 this year who got a headstart but crmalcolm refuses to give in.

I can see the Table Wars is the unique selling point for this forum

Btw welcome to the forum
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4093269)   #1269
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Nice that he stays in the BTCC (or at least that's the rumour) and in a FWD machinery he might be back to consistent Top 10 finishes and some podiums.
good for excelr8 as well if he's bringing a budget?
Quote:

this is the best first post in ages, well played

both are useful tools and their lists are handy as well. keep working on them chaps
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:44 (Ref:4093272)   #1270
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, Excelr8
With Parfitt out then? Haven't heard much regarding the Smiley / Bert Taylor 'team' of late?
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:44 (Ref:4093273)   #1271
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Where as the likes of TCR cars hold their values well as they can be run in many different series.
They are also incredibly boring and that means fewer fans and fewer fans means less sponsorship revenue.
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4093274)   #1272
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And there's someone who could bring the funding for a Hyundai engine built by Swindon.....
Old 11 Jan 2022, 12:49 (Ref:4093275)   #1273
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

But really, is it all just a big pantomime act for the fans, a la Neal and Plato?
Old 11 Jan 2022, 13:00 (Ref:4093278)   #1274
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
With Parfitt out then? Haven't heard much regarding the Smiley / Bert Taylor 'team' of late?
Tingram, Chilton, Smiley and Hamilton it seems for Excelr8...
Old 11 Jan 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4093280)   #1275
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Tingram, Chilton, Smiley and Hamilton it seems for Excelr8...
Wow, solid line-up... mostly. I thought it was quite likely Butel would stay on.