Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2022 Repco Championship Series?
#2 Mobil 1 nti Nick Percat WAU Holden 1 4.55%
#3 CoolDrive Autoparts Tim Slade TBR Ford 0 0%
#4 SCT Logistics Jack Smith BJR Holden 0 0%
#5 TBC James Courtney Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 0 0%
#8 R&J Batteries Andre Heimgartner BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Boost Mobile Will Brown Erebus Holden 2 9.09%
#10 Penrite Lee Holdsworth KGR Ford 0 0%
#11 Shell V-Power Anton De Pasquale DJR Ford 3 13.64%
#14 Middys Bryce Fullwood BJR Holden 0 0%
#17 Shell V-Power Will Davison DJR Ford 0 0%
#18 IRWIN Tools Mark Winterbottom T18 Holden 0 0%
#20 TBC Scott Pye T18 Holden 0 0%
#22 Coca Cola Chris Pither PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#25 Mobil 1 Optus Chaz Mostert WAU Holden 2 9.09%
#26 Penrite David Reynolds KGR Ford 0 0%
#34 Truck Assist Jack Le Brocq MSR Holden 0 0%
#35 Truck Assist Todd Hazelwood MSR Holden 1 4.55%
#55 Castrol Thomas Randle Tickford Ford 0 0%
#56 Tradie Jake Kostecki Tickford Ford 0 0%
#76 Subway Garry Jacobson PremiAir Holden 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Ampol Broc Feeney 888 Holden 0 0%
#96 Automotive Superstore Macauley Jones BJR Holden 0 0%
#97 Red Bull Ampol Shane van Gisbergen 888 Holden 13 59.09%
#99 Boost Mobile Brodie Kostecki Erebus Holden 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Jan 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4093467)   #251
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deal done: Team Sydney sold, renamed PremiAir Racing
Old 12 Jan 2022, 22:02 (Ref:4093495)   #252
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
Well, that answers the questions over Team Sydney - not surprising that it won't continue in its current guise, has been something of a cluster fluff if we're honest since the change of name and move to Sydney - arguably in the lead up to that move as well.

Peter Xiberras is a good guy - successful in business, very effective driving a Top Fuel car and running the team. He'll want it to work financially but will be focussed on getting results - sounds like a good outcome.
Old 12 Jan 2022, 22:22 (Ref:4093497)   #253
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fabs found out about it on Speedcafe post.

Gee Jono Webb seems like a good guy.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 12 Jan 2022, 23:47 (Ref:4093512)   #254
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Well, that answers the questions over Team Sydney - not surprising that it won't continue in its current guise, has been something of a cluster fluff if we're honest since the change of name and move to Sydney - arguably in the lead up to that move as well.

Peter Xiberras is a good guy - successful in business, very effective driving a Top Fuel car and running the team. He'll want it to work financially but will be focussed on getting results - sounds like a good outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
How much does it cost to race in Top Fuel?
It’s around $400,000 a year; that’s running a team of 10, going to about six events a year. Our major sponsor is our own firm, PremiAir Hire. Carmen and I started the company in an old milking shed on my dad’s farm at Richmond, NSW, back in 1994; at first we just serviced air compressors, but we grew and diversified into hiring out generators and lighting towers. PremiAir now has a dozen branches in four states, and employs 150 people.

Article Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jan 2022, 01:21 (Ref:4093518)   #255
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Fabs found out about it on Speedcafe post.

Gee Jono Webb seems like a good guy.

Article Here
Old 13 Jan 2022, 01:52 (Ref:4093523)   #256
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
Adderton also wants to get his brand out for minimal investment. See him not sponsoring JC, but then also offering to reconsider if no one else comes along.

Vodafone have turned up to 888 with actual money (presumably), and PA has tried his best to get free column inches for his brand out of that.
There doesnt appear to be any new sponsors & that would worry RACE, the new owners.
Not a fan of Adderton either.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 07:53 (Ref:4093541)   #257
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does Jono Webb continue as a codriver for the Bathurst 1000?
Old 14 Jan 2022, 04:19 (Ref:4093675)   #258
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Does Jono Webb continue as a codriver for the Bathurst 1000?
Articles so far indicate that he walks away with his cash...
Old 14 Jan 2022, 05:57 (Ref:4093677)   #259
Fireball
Rookie

Australia
Thomastown
Fireball should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabs to WAU as codriver
Old 14 Jan 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4093689)   #260
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Fabs to WAU as codriver
Link would be good. Google doesnt know about it yet

Or is it just a thought?
Old 14 Jan 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4093736)   #261
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fabs to WAU as codriver
NEVER, surely not as yet.
Old 14 Jan 2022, 21:15 (Ref:4093786)   #262
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fabs to WAU as codriver
Could always "retire" as a result of the change of ownership, only to show up at a new team for round 1 and put it on pole for the first race of the year.
Old 14 Jan 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4093791)   #263
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
Could always "retire" as a result of the change of ownership, only to show up at a new team for round 1 and put it on pole for the first race of the year.
Where is there currently an empty seat?
Old 15 Jan 2022, 00:22 (Ref:4093802)   #264
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
Then again when the team you actually signed a contract with no longer exists....

Old 15 Jan 2022, 09:48 (Ref:4093830)   #265
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently the drivers are still contracted to Webb, weren't included in the deal.
Old 15 Jan 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4093839)   #266
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Where is there currently an empty seat?
PremiAir have a couple I believe.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 01:09 (Ref:4093923)   #267
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Apparently the drivers are still contracted to Webb, weren't included in the deal.
If correct, the drivers need legal advice.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 01:11 (Ref:4093925)   #268
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
If correct, the drivers need legal advice.
I fail to see how Webb hasn't already breached that contract and invalidated it?

Old 16 Jan 2022, 01:23 (Ref:4093926)   #269
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I fail to see how Webb hasn't already breached that contract and invalidated it?

What is the wording of each of the individual driver contracts?

Note that they are reported as different, one bringing backing presumably for a placement fee, the other being paid to drive. Are the sponsors committed in the above now on the hook to pay for the year despite not being on the car?

Are the driver deals personal service deals that may or may not include driving race cars?
Or are they specific around driving race cars?

And if they keep receiving consideration for the continuation of these deals, is not driving the car enough to frustrate them at law?

Interesting fun isnt it...?
Old 16 Jan 2022, 06:48 (Ref:4093949)   #270
Jack65
Racer

PremiAir Hire website coming up with: Bandwith Limit Exceeded. Just when thought the change of ownership may have brought the frugal spending to an end.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 08:42 (Ref:4093956)   #271
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
PremiAir Hire website coming up with: Bandwith Limit Exceeded. Just when thought the change of ownership may have brought the frugal spending to an end.
Coulthard + Golding would be a handy lineup for PremiAir Racing!

Though using outdated 888 customer cars would continue to be an impediment. Although, the presumably up-to-date Team 18 customer cars are not race winners either.

Should PremiAir racing purchase 2x as-raced 2021 888 cars, fitted with more modern componentry, or even seek an alternative technical partner OR purchase some CNC machines and develop their own componentry?
Old 16 Jan 2022, 09:06 (Ref:4093959)   #272
Jack65
Racer

Given that it is effectively going to be a new team, even with two brand new, full spec 888 spankers PremAir Racing would still probably find itself in the back half of the field. This year is going to be more of a learning year, any movement up the ranks won't happen until 2023.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 09:32 (Ref:4093966)   #273
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't expect fireworks from them either. They won't be completely off the pace, but they need a bit of luck to break into the top 10. I wish them well, but it's gonna be a long process with development
Old 16 Jan 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4093968)   #274
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The website has probably been like Renee Gracie's OnlyFans page and had a good number of curiosity hits, it is easy to understand why. The fact it is out of bandwidth is a good sign already and I'm sure that the required increase will be made accordingly
Old 17 Jan 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4094130)   #275
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it probably isn't coping with the traffic and needs an update. Shows how well they've done to get people to follow their progress