Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jun 2022, 18:33 (Ref:4116344)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or Alonso poised for the next vsc?
Old 19 Jun 2022, 18:35 (Ref:4116345)   #27
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mick breaks down such a shame. Looked good to fight for minor points.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 18:52 (Ref:4116346)   #28
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm intrigued (and confused) by the person at T13 entry whose hands are through a gap in the fence at the 100m board, holding a mobile phone. Media, hopefully.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4116347)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was a bad stop for Leclerc. The rear jack slipped.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:07 (Ref:4116349)   #30
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I'm intrigued (and confused) by the person at T13 entry whose hands are through a gap in the fence at the 100m board, holding a mobile phone. Media, hopefully.
It's racing. You see a gap, you go for it!

Richard
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:09 (Ref:4116350)   #31
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FCY.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:11 (Ref:4116351)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tsunoda gives a demonstration of why we need to lose tyre warmers altogether. Drivers must be able to use tyres when they're cold, or hot, or worn, or anywhere in between.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4116352)   #33
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, Yuki. Cold tires. You were doing so well.

Richard
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4116354)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Super Max under pressure from Sainz.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4116355)   #35
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like Verstappen is dumping his battery out of the hairpin, which gets him far enough away from Sainz that his DRS is ineffective. Clever driving.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4116356)   #36
Richard C
Veteran

Horrible race for Lando. McLaren really botched his pit stop earlier.

Richard
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4116357)   #37
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wow. That was a masterclass of defending from Verstappen - very, very clever driving.

Really good to see both Mercs up there in 3rd and 4th.

Really enjoyed that!
Old 19 Jun 2022, 19:43 (Ref:4116358)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Congrats to Super Max. Great to see Sainz push him but it wasn't to be and nice to see Lewis on the podium.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 20:38 (Ref:4116369)   #39
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Really enjoyed that race - well, pretty much the whole weekend really. Really good to be back in Montreal, the circuit is really quite different and has some great history as BR spelled out for us in the intro.

There was "stuff" going on all race - for sure Ferrari will be wondering what they could have done differently with the rear of Leclerc's car - such poor traction right from the get-go hampered him significantly. Without that, a podium might have j-u-s-t been in reach.

Good to see the Mercs having a better weekend - while on pace at times, when the two at the front were pushing over the last fifteen laps, neither Merc could keep up, so they are still not "there" but it feels like they have a direction to go in.

That last 15 laps was great - closed up due to the SC, car behind on fresher tyres, all to play for - the type of racing that keeps us coming back I reckon - top notch driving from both of them - one little mistake by either would have made the difference but I didn't see any.

Lastly, feel for Checo - bummer to be out of the race so early but he'll bounce back I expect.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 20:42 (Ref:4116371)   #40
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Tsunoda gives a demonstration of why we need to lose tyre warmers altogether. Drivers must be able to use tyres when they're cold, or hot, or worn, or anywhere in between.
Yes, F2 use the same basic 18" Pirelli tyres without warmers and they have no issues, so warmers are most unnecessary.
Old 19 Jun 2022, 23:48 (Ref:4116382)   #41
Beau2
Racer

Beau2 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Penalty for Alonso sees him drop down to 9th. Pretty disappointing result in the end after so much promise.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 06:37 (Ref:4116389)   #42
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Turns out that it was a mix of paddock club and other spectators! What an insane place to stick your hands through the fence. Bonkers.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 23:58 (Ref:4116478)   #43
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Horrible race for Lando. McLaren really botched his pit stop earlier.

Richard
McLaren have not designed a good car it seems, the Alfa Romeo was a lot better in Montreal...
Old 21 Jun 2022, 01:10 (Ref:4116482)   #44
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
McLaren have not designed a good car it seems, the Alfa Romeo was a lot better in Montreal...
Car is not on par with others for sure. It doesn't help when the team botches the pits stops.

Richard
Old 21 Jun 2022, 07:08 (Ref:4116498)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That pit stop was a complete embarrassment.....
Old 27 Jun 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4117239)   #46
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's almost like 1979

then Ligier won the first 2 races than faded away to Ferrari and Williams now we have Ferrari fading to the bull
Old 30 Jun 2022, 15:01 (Ref:4117590)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I was thinking that too having watched a few of the recent youtube uploads from that year.

Although, Ferrari haven't faded speed wise as such, it's other aspects that have set them back.

Maybe Mercedes are the '79 Williams?!?
Old 30 Jun 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4117609)   #48
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Maybe Mercedes are the '79 Williams?!?
Bodes well for next year, then!
Old 2 Jul 2022, 05:50 (Ref:4117775)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Bodes well for next year, then!
Maybe Ferrari are Ferrari in both years. I hope not!!