Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Jul 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4118541)   #176
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The global shape makes me thinking about the F50. I think it will look good with its war paints.
Old 8 Jul 2022, 22:00 (Ref:4118697)   #177
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari saying they expect to pick the LMH drivers out of the current roster of 9 GT factory drivers who are Alessandro Pier Guidi, James Calado, Miguel Molina, Antonio Fuoco, Davide Rigon, Nicklas Nielsen, Daniel Serra, Alessio Rovera and Andrea Bertolini.

Pretty solid lineup to choose from but hard to cut 3 guys there. I’d imagine Nielsen, Rovera and Fuoco are safe bets for seats
Old 8 Jul 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4118700)   #178
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Ferrari saying they expect to pick the LMH drivers out of the current roster of 9 GT factory drivers who are Alessandro Pier Guidi, James Calado, Miguel Molina, Antonio Fuoco, Davide Rigon, Nicklas Nielsen, Daniel Serra, Alessio Rovera and Andrea Bertolini.

Pretty solid lineup to choose from but hard to cut 3 guys there. I’d imagine Nielsen, Rovera and Fuoco are safe bets for seats
Bertolini will be 49 before next season starts - so I'd assume he's not saddling up for a hypercar programme. Massive experience and knowledge however so a good person to get into the car early on.

Rigon's presence too kinda says it was about guys who were available (i.e. not in Monza). He's another, if I had to guess, who won't be involved beyond the testing phase.
Old 9 Jul 2022, 18:53 (Ref:4118774)   #179
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/PREMA_Team/statu...42609184280578

Robert Shwartzman was in the Monza paddock today. If Ferrari wanted to keep it in the family AND have downforce experience/youth then maybe he's a possible guy?
Old 9 Jul 2022, 19:45 (Ref:4118782)   #180
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
https://twitter.com/PREMA_Team/statu...42609184280578

Robert Shwartzman was in the Monza paddock today. If Ferrari wanted to keep it in the family AND have downforce experience/youth then maybe he's a possible guy?
He's still a Ferrari junior I think. So, why not?
Old 9 Jul 2022, 20:28 (Ref:4118786)   #181
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Bertolini will be 49 before next season starts - so I'd assume he's not saddling up for a hypercar programme. Massive experience and knowledge however so a good person to get into the car early on.

Rigon's presence too kinda says it was about guys who were available (i.e. not in Monza). He's another, if I had to guess, who won't be involved beyond the testing phase.
I agree on Rigon for sure, he’s a solid GT driver but don’t think he’s quite Hypercar material. I’d imagine Calado and maybe Pier Guidi are the experienced heads for the program with Fuoco, Rovera, Nielsen a solid trio of younger guns to add. Then the last seat I think is Molina vs Serra, but love the idea of Shwartzmann too.

That’s just my unsubstantiated guessing anyway!
Old 10 Jul 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4118842)   #182
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Have to say, the engine note sound of this thing is pretty bland/not cool
Old 14 Jul 2022, 01:37 (Ref:4119460)   #183
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is a video in this story of the Ferrari testing.

https://www.motor1.com/news/597754/f...ases-race-car/

Hold on, what I should have said that there were occasional glimpses of a car while we saw images of the sky, some buildings, and people watching the car. And it sounds like a fast tractor.

sent during haircut
Old 14 Jul 2022, 05:52 (Ref:4119472)   #184
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds a bit like a 296 GT3. Hmmm....

https://youtu.be/Fn2G2MsKda0
Old 9 Aug 2022, 23:27 (Ref:4122390)   #185
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari was testing again today at Imola.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/le...9161305/?hl=es
Old 10 Aug 2022, 11:17 (Ref:4122415)   #186
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shows they are getting more and more serious. Will be so good to see them in the series, especially with so many other big manufacturers coming in too, like BMW
Old 10 Aug 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4122422)   #187
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How are they going to balance LMH with LMDh? Is the bias balance going to favour LMH?
Old 10 Aug 2022, 13:09 (Ref:4122430)   #188
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, the performance should be equalised. There is no way Porsche, BMW, Alpine or Lamborghini would consider a WEC entry if they knew they were already beaten.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 01:22 (Ref:4122479)   #189
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://lat.motorsport.com/wec/news/...eSGWJTvCRCsXIE

Old 11 Aug 2022, 01:55 (Ref:4122482)   #190
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
No, the performance should be equalised. There is no way Porsche, BMW, Alpine or Lamborghini would consider a WEC entry if they knew they were already beaten.
As time goes on they get better and better at this too.

They can equalize a GT or a prototype grid to better than LMP2 which is effectively one make.

It’s never going to be perfect so great for internet moaning. but I reckon they’ll do a decent job considering.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 08:25 (Ref:4122502)   #191
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ferrari: We can't do strategy for 90 minute races

Also Ferrari: Let's go endurance racing.

I, for one, am looking forward to this.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4122511)   #192
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
If building an LMH is much more costly, why would anyone do that over LMDh if performance is going to be totally equal?
Old 11 Aug 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4122514)   #193
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Setting aside the racing mantra of "first to finish...," they would if it was the only way to race at, and therefore win, Le Mans. Having said that, I think the ACO have learned their lesson with performance balancing from the LMP1 hybrid era, and not taking the upcoming influx of manufacturer entries for granted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
If building an LMH is much more costly, why would anyone do that over LMDh if performance is going to be totally equal?
Different priorities for different manufacturers. In Ferrari's case, the LMH decision was at least partially a move to retain skilled staff in light of the F1 budget cap. For Toyota (and Ferrari itself, to a lesser extent) they want to demonstrate their technology and retain control over the major decisions.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 10:29 (Ref:4122515)   #194
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure the ACO will get the balance right, without overdoing it. They have a lot going with these new rules. They already have enough manufacturers

Of course the manufacturers are in it for different reasons. I wonder if Ferrari will get another team to help run their project? Toyota I'm sure will continue as they are, but will need to watch out. I'm sure their main priority is to win
Old 11 Aug 2022, 10:48 (Ref:4122521)   #195
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
They've switched from Michelotto to Oreca for the 296 GT3, perhaps to free up the former to run the LMH program. However, I think they'd have the staff to do it in-house if they wanted to.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4122526)   #196
Mike E
Veteran

AF Course will be running the Ferrari cars

https://www.ferrari.com/en-EN/compet...-lmh-programme
Old 11 Aug 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4122529)   #197
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Ferrari because they were not allowed to rebadge an LMP2 chassis as theirs or make it in house. They want that chassis plate desperately for sales of used cars to collectors to stash in a garage for 20 years and look at. See nearly all of Risi's cars over the years, most had been purchased by a collector to get racing pedigree and parked after
Old 11 Aug 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4122538)   #198
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Ferrari do things in-house and they like to tout that. No surprise to me theyre doing hypercar instead of lmdh. AFCorse running them is a wise decision because they are rooted in endurance, they have that experience. Sounds like a win-win. I also like the idea of keeping their hypercar drivers busy in the new 296 GT3.
Old 17 Aug 2022, 01:14 (Ref:4122996)   #199
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Ferrari: We can't do strategy for 90 minute races

Also Ferrari: Let's go endurance racing.

I, for one, am looking forward to this.

Old 22 Sep 2022, 22:40 (Ref:4126909)   #200
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
Is the Ferrari LMH 2023 testing in Algarve? the rear looks different now...

https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comment...eb2x&context=3

Last edited by hondafan37; 22 Sep 2022 at 22:45.