Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Apr 2022, 04:11 (Ref:4107113)   #276
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Also the bigger issue is that outside of VW & Audi it seems less than 2/3 of the field is reliable enough to finish a 20 lap race. Who were they kidding with a 500km enduro?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
TCR cars do enduro’s all the time around the world.

Australian preparation of the cars may be the issue, TCR cars in themselves doing 24hr races is part of what they were designed to do!
Old 18 Apr 2022, 05:05 (Ref:4107114)   #277
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
TCR cars do enduro’s all the time around the world.
To perfectly reinforce my point, the entry list for the 2021 & 2022 Creventic 24H TCE series consists ONLY of VAG vehicles.

Others were present in 2020.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 07:03 (Ref:4107118)   #278
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To perfectly reinforce my point, the entry list for the 2021 & 2022 Creventic 24H TCE series consists ONLY of VAG vehicles.

Others were present in 2020.
That doesn’t reinforce anything.

A Peugeot finished second in the 2019 Spa 500, and the Michelin Pilot Challenge is all endurance races and the TCR class was won by a Honda at the opening round in Daytona, and the class features a strong presence from Hyundai.

To claim endurance racing is unsuitable for TCR cars or only the domain of VAG cars is plainly false.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 07:11 (Ref:4107119)   #279
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That doesn’t reinforce anything.
Actually it does.

Quote:
A Peugeot finished second in the 2019 Spa 500, and the Michelin Pilot Challenge is all endurance races and the TCR class was won by a Honda at the opening round in Daytona, and the class features a strong presence from Hyundai.
So people spend money to upgrade them because the series is "all endurance races"

Quote:
To claim endurance racing is unsuitable for TCR cars or only the domain of VAG cars is plainly false.
I never said the racing is unsuitable, but in standard form - with the cost cap as it is, most TCR cars are delivered in a spec that renders them not reliable enough for endurance racing.

Lots of strong but uninformed opinions here - you may wish I know that the things I have learnt come from people who OWN TCR cars.

Europe has enough of a scene where people would spend the money and set these things up for endurance racing and get enough use out of them.

Not so here. So I can't see the economics of a "mini enduro" for TCR cars, or seeing TCR cars in the 6hr or 12hr working.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 14:43 (Ref:4107155)   #280
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not so here. So I can't see the economics of a "mini enduro" for TCR cars, or seeing TCR cars in the 6hr or 12hr working.
A Bathurst 1000km race has a certain prestige to it, and the official ARDC title is still available AFAIK. It would attract international entries, cars in so-called "endurance spec", obviously.

Super Tourers weren't even designed for endurance racing at all, yet a lot of them did finish the 1000 kilometres.

Whether the regulations are TCR or NGTC or Super 2000, the point is that famous touring car titles like Macau Cup, the ATCC and the Bathurst 1000 should be the domain of actual touring cars, no?

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 18 Apr 2022 at 14:49.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 23:19 (Ref:4107207)   #281
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Super Tourers weren't even designed for endurance racing at all, yet a lot of them did finish the 1000 kilometres.
That was always part of the appeal of an enduro, reliability especially from cars not designed to do the task.
Old 20 Apr 2022, 05:05 (Ref:4107337)   #282
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Whether the regulations are TCR or NGTC or Super 2000, the point is that famous touring car titles like Macau Cup, the ATCC and the Bathurst 1000 should be the domain of actual touring cars, no?
Note that your definition of "Touring car" from the 1950s doesn't have any roots in reality of the most prestigious Touring Car championships in the world.

Language evolves... Move on
Old 20 Apr 2022, 06:33 (Ref:4107344)   #283
bloxsidgemotorsport
Rookie

bloxsidgemotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
people still shitty in here, that supercars won the war and have the Bathurst 1000 title.

Can never see TCR running their own 1000, especially as they are now in pretty tight with Supercars.
Old 22 Apr 2022, 04:49 (Ref:4107553)   #284
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloxsidgemotorsport View Post
people still shitty in here, that supercars won the war and have the Bathurst 1000 title.

Can never see TCR running their own 1000, especially as they are now in pretty tight with Supercars.
You’re the only one who has mentioned the Bathurst “war” in this thread
Old 22 Apr 2022, 07:21 (Ref:4107560)   #285
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
You’re the only one who has mentioned the Bathurst “war” in this thread
It was Kelvin O'Reilly's war and look how that worked out for him.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/04/22...QYymycv1JSWH5E

TCR coming under lights at SMP. Should be really good fun.

Is Tony D TCR's Accumulator?
Old 22 Apr 2022, 09:16 (Ref:4107572)   #286
one five five
Veteran

Going to be great to see them using the lights. The Saturday program will be fantastic.

It’s an interesting occurrence D’Alberto’s big championship lead given how much he extended it over the weekend despite never really being up the front. Mixed up results and different winners is what every series strives for in 2022, but it does muddle you the championship picture and the consistent accumulators are the ones who benefit.

Quote:
It was Kelvin O'Reilly's war and look how that worked out for him.
While Kelvin certainly had a part to play in super touring vs V8Supercars, his involvement in the Bathurst war was just a bit part.
Old 8 Jul 2022, 03:02 (Ref:4118616)   #287
Mixer
Veteran

Bit quiet in here.

Some news though - it has taken a LONG time and I was openly skeptical it would ever turn a wheel, but the Corolla TCR car has apparently passed it's homologation test:

https://tcraustralia.com/2022/07/08/...O9ZeDsaZl1eVkE
Old 11 Jul 2022, 19:42 (Ref:4119161)   #288
TuteZaek
Racer

TuteZaek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bit quiet in here.

Some news though - it has taken a LONG time and I was openly skeptical it would ever turn a wheel, but the Corolla TCR car has apparently passed it's homologation test ]
Why the skepticism? It's an oficial inhouse TGR project, and TGR Argentina has a long and successful history of making this kind of touring cars.

Currently the rumors talk about 5 cars in construction already, but no word on where they are going.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 22:29 (Ref:4119172)   #289
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuteZaek View Post
Why the skepticism? It's an oficial inhouse TGR project, and TGR Argentina has a long and successful history of making this kind of touring cars.
Because it was announced every year for about 5 years before it turned up.
Old 1 Aug 2022, 00:51 (Ref:4121296)   #290
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Bit quiet in here.

And that’s definitely a worry, the Supercars have a constant news cycle and constant fan engagement about the series. Speed Series/ARG/TCR the fan chat is non existent between events sadly.
Old 1 Aug 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4121454)   #291
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And that’s definitely a worry, the Supercars have a constant news cycle and constant fan engagement about the series. Speed Series/ARG/TCR the fan chat is non existent between events sadly.
Agree 100%. I think if anything the profile/promotion of TCR has been seriously lacking.

IMHO I think they had a good chance of attracting the casual viewer and partially interested motorsport fans like myself.
Old 2 Aug 2022, 01:25 (Ref:4121481)   #292
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed on Stan sports, after watching the 3 sessions of the last Indycar round, when the session ended up popped an advert for the coming TCR round.
Old 2 Aug 2022, 02:54 (Ref:4121487)   #293
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How come no one wants to watch Supercars because it is not on free to air but it fine for TCR to sell out to a Streaming service without a single whimper?
Old 2 Aug 2022, 07:01 (Ref:4121495)   #294
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravin View Post
Agree 100%. I think if anything the profile/promotion of TCR has been seriously lacking.
In a world that already has too many streaming services, Stan just doesn't make the short list.

I love watching TCR around the world because it's on YouTube.

So I guess I'll just watch overseas TCR.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 01:42 (Ref:4121728)   #295
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you are interested in TCR and general SpeedSeries chat, the podcast “Motor Racing Passion” has an episode out now talking about the last two rounds heading into this weekend, and other SpeedSeries chat in general.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 02:11 (Ref:4121730)   #296
gravin
Rookie

gravin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
In a world that already has too many streaming services, Stan just doesn't make the short list.

I love watching TCR around the world because it's on YouTube.

So I guess I'll just watch overseas TCR.
Being overseas - that was how I used to watch TCR Australia - until the recent broadcast changes.
Old 4 Aug 2022, 05:44 (Ref:4121738)   #297
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravin View Post
Being overseas - that was how I used to watch TCR Australia - until the recent broadcast changes.
yeah it was on the 7 (cr)app for locals, but no more.

The Stan broadcast is slick but this household has already too many subscriptions, and Netflix didn't even make the cut - Stan is a distant entrant into that market.
Old 6 Aug 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4121981)   #298
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No second Wall Racing Honda this weekend. Are Stan no longer willing to pay for it?
Old 7 Aug 2022, 07:29 (Ref:4122025)   #299
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
No second Wall Racing Honda this weekend. Are Stan no longer willing to pay for it?
And no Brad Shiels in the Tilton Hyundai either? Will these two no show’s be back at Sandown?

Not to mention that Mineef stepping into the ex-Macdougall Forza Audi was a net loss as the VW was parked too.

Wouldn’t want it to drop any further than the 18 seen today
Old 7 Aug 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4122053)   #300
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anywhere to watch race 2? Motorsport.tv haven't made it available, much like Symmons Plains.