Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Sep 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4126229)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Round Nine, Silverstone 24-25 Sep, Races 25,26&27

After a bit of a break following Thruxton, the teams now head to Silverstone for the ninth meeting of the season on the National Circuit. There are a number of different layouts at Silverstone, with the BTCC running on the National Circuit in recent seasons. The shortest of Silverstone’s three layouts that run on the main track, the National is seen as fairly simple, with braking and traction being key to getting a good time.

In common with a lot of other BTCC circuits, Silverstone also began life as an airfield, before being developed into a motorsport venue. The circuit first appeared on the BTCC (BSCC) calendar in the inaugural 1958 season, hosting non-championship rounds. The very first BSCC race saw class wins for Graham Hill, Les Leston, Jeff Uren and Mike Hawthorn.

Appearing as a full championship round in 1959, Class wins that day went to George ‘Doc’ Shepherd, Gunnar Anderson, Peter Blond and Ivor Bueb.

The circuit has undergone many changes through the years since then, although the corners of Woodcote and Copse still remain.

Having missed the Thruxton meeting, Powell is expected to return for Silverstone.

The first time a full field of NGTC cars competed, the pole position was taken by Plato in his MG KX Momentum Racing MG6, which he followed up wins in the first two races. Shedden picked up the third win race, with all podium places going to FWD cars on the day; Matt Neal and Árón Smith both getting a pair of podiums.

2021 saw Butcher taking two wins, and Hill the reverse grid win. It was around this time of the season that people really took an notice on the points gaps for positions – and Sutton’s three top-six results went a long way to enhancing his position. This time around, the top of the table is close between Turkington, Sutton and Ingram – with Hill in 4th making an interesting prospect of whether he will support his stable-mate’s bid, or plough his own furrow?

Qualifying will be on the ITV Hub at www.itv.com/btcc, from 15:10PM and the Sunday coverage on ITV4 from 11:00AM for a straight 7 hours.

The timetable is currently:
Saturday, September 24  
TimeActivityChampionshipLaps
09.00 – 09.15Qualifying Michelin Ginetta Junior Championship  
09.25 – 10.05 Free Practice Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship 
10.25 – 10.45 Qualifying F4 British Championship 
10.55 – 11.15 Qualifying Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship 
11.25 – 11.55 Qualifying The Quaife MINI CHALLENGE 
12.05 – 12.45 Free Practice Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship 
12.45 – 13.25 Lunch Break  
13.25 RaceMichelin Ginetta Junior Championship 15 mins
14.00 – 14.30 Qualifying Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain  
14.40 Race F4 British Championship 20 mins
15.15 – 15.45 Qualifying Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship  
16.00 Race Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship 15 mins
16.35 Race The Quaife MINI CHALLENGE 20 mins
17.10 Race Michelin Ginetta Junior Championship 20 mins

Sunday, September 25   
09.00 Race The Quaife MINI CHALLENGE 20 mins
09.35 Race F4 British Championship 20 mins
10.10 Race Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship 20 mins
10.45 Race Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain 28
11.25 BTCC Pit Lane Opens   
11.40 Race Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship 22
12.20 Race Michelin Ginetta Junior Championship 20 mins
12.50 – 13.35 Lunch break  
13.00 – 13.25 Pit Lane Walkabout / Autograph Session   
13.35 Race The Quaife MINI CHALLENGE 20 mins
14.10 BTCC Pit Lane Opens   
14.25 Race Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship 22
15.05 RaceF4 British Championship 20 mins
15.40 Race Millers Oils Ginetta GT4 SuperCup Championship 20 mins
16.15 Race Porsche Carrera Cup Great Britain 28
16.55 BTCC Pit Lane Opens   
17.10 Race Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship 22

Early weather forecast gives an overcast qualifying with 18deg temperatures.
Race day has light cloud, clearing through the afternoon. Cooler temperatures of 15deg.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 17:36 (Ref:4126260)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
This shall be my first BTCC meeting since Donington last year. Where would be the best viewing area, as I have not been to Silverstone for the BTCC before (only for the Formula 1 on the international circuit)? Brooklands seems like the best place for on-track action although I don't know how much you can see from that corner, and if possible I also prefer to be able to see a big screen so as not to miss what happens around the rest of the lap.
Old 16 Sep 2022, 20:21 (Ref:4126276)   #3
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was heading over for both days of this, but my hotel (Ibis, Rugby) has been "urgently reclassified for government use" whatever that means so the booking has been cancelled. I've had a refund, but there's now nothing decent available in the area for the same price as I paid so it will be Sunday only and a very early start for the 2+ hour drive.
Anybody want a Saturday ticket emailed over?
Old 16 Sep 2022, 21:33 (Ref:4126280)   #4
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any word what car Turkington drives ?
Old 16 Sep 2022, 21:59 (Ref:4126286)   #5
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Turkington drives a BMW 320
Old 17 Sep 2022, 06:57 (Ref:4126308)   #6
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I guess you didn't take a note when the information was previously provided?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
For those keeping notes, Turkington is still in the old car and likely to stay in it for the rest of the year as the other car still hasn't been repaired yet. Seems WSR are having difficulty getting body panels from BMW. Apparently there certain panels that are simply not available to buy
For your notes - it is chassis G20-023-01:
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.PNG  
Old 17 Sep 2022, 07:08 (Ref:4126309)   #7
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
This shall be my first BTCC meeting since Donington last year. Where would be the best viewing area, as I have not been to Silverstone for the BTCC before (only for the Formula 1 on the international circuit)? Brooklands seems like the best place for on-track action although I don't know how much you can see from that corner, and if possible I also prefer to be able to see a big screen so as not to miss what happens around the rest of the lap.
I refuse to give Silverstone my money since I phoned with an enquiry the first time I wanted to go there and was basically told that they couldn't be bothered to answer my question as it wasn't for a high profile international race meeting
Old 17 Sep 2022, 08:52 (Ref:4126310)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
From my experience, around Woodcote is the best place to sit. You'll see plenty of the track from there
Old 18 Sep 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4126413)   #9
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
From my experience, around Woodcote is the best place to sit. You'll see plenty of the track from there
Agreed. Where the two Woodcote Stands (A & B) join up seems to give the best viewing. You can usually see the start/finish, a fair portion of the main straight, the Wellington Straight and the complex in front of you. Basically, 2/3rds of the lap.
Old 18 Sep 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4126416)   #10
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Thanks very much to you both, I will take your advice and sit at Woodcote.
Old 19 Sep 2022, 06:54 (Ref:4126474)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Enjoy BTCC Frog. I myself am looking forward to going to Brands for the first time since 2001
Old 19 Sep 2022, 16:11 (Ref:4126507)   #12
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Enjoy BTCC Frog. I myself am looking forward to going to Brands for the first time since 2001
Was that the thrilling season finale at Brands Hatch with the championship trading hands multiple times between Plato and Muller, at the height of their rivalry, and Anthony Reid winning for MG, or the extremely dull first round after the Super Touring era in which the Vauxhall was the only competitive car and the most entertainment came in the slightly ridiculous production class?
Old 19 Sep 2022, 21:17 (Ref:4126523)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, but it got so wet we left after the sprint race. One advantage Silverstone has is that at least the grandstands have roofs
Old 20 Sep 2022, 11:05 (Ref:4126571)   #14
Bluebell
Rookie

Bluebell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks very much to you both, I will take your advice and sit at Woodcote.
...and of course you'll have a big screen there on Sunday....
Old 20 Sep 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4126588)   #15
SSmith
Racer

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisional Entry List for this weekend. The list got published much earlier than usual, so may change slightly before the weekend.

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...-List-v1.0.pdf

No changes to BTCC field.

MINI JCWs - 28 cars. Normal grid. Bradley Gravett has switched to the Excelr8 team as confirmed on his social media a couple of weeks ago. Hannah Chapman is on the entry list, but I believe she isn't racing this weekend. Matt George was announced by Hybrid Tune on Instagram to be racing for them at Silverstone and Brands GP but he isn't on the provisional entry list.

Ginetta Juniors - 26 cars. Biggest grid of the season. Thomas Spragg (Preptech), Finn Harrison (Assetto), Mikey Porter (Preptech), and Sid Smith (Assetto) set to make their debuts. Return of Freddie Slater (R Racing).

Ginetta GT4 Supercup - 16 cars. 5 G56 Pros with the return of Reece Somerfield (Breakell) and Dawes (Century). 2 G56 Ams after the events of Thruxton. 5 G55 Pros with the return of Josh Poulain (Motus One). 4 G55 Ams.

F4 - 20 cars. Biggest grid of the season. Welcome return to the championship for Fortec with cars for Marcos Flack (another championship returnee) and James Higgins. Isaac Barashi debuts for Phynsis by Argenti. Jaden Rahman Pariat debuts for Chris Dittmann Racing.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB - 21 cars. Return of Jack Bartholomew (Richardson) and Ross Wylie (Toro Verde) to the Pro field. Return of Charles Bateman (Team Parker) in Pro-Am. Welcome championship return for Karl Leonard (Team Parker) in Pro-Am (presumably in Justin Sherwood's car given he is absent again). Mark Radcliffe returns to Valluga in the Am class. 11 Pros, 8 Pro-Ams, 2 Ams.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4126591)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Cheers -

Quote:
Provisional Entry List for this weekend.

Just for clarity - no change means (as expected) Powell is back after Oliphant was in the seat at Thruxton.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 14:55 (Ref:4126592)   #17
SSmith
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just for clarity - no change means (as expected) Powell is back after Oliphant was in the seat at Thruxton.
Yes
Old 20 Sep 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4126600)   #18
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Provisional Entry List for this weekend. The list got published much earlier than usual, so may change slightly before the weekend.

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...-List-v1.0.pdf

MINI JCWs - 28 cars. Normal grid. Bradley Gravett has switched to the Excelr8 team as confirmed on his social media a couple of weeks ago. Hannah Chapman is on the entry list, but I believe she isn't racing this weekend. Matt George was announced by Hybrid Tune on Instagram to be racing for them at Silverstone and Brands GP but he isn't on the provisional entry list.

Ginetta Juniors - 26 cars. Biggest grid of the season. Thomas Spragg (Preptech), Finn Harrison (Assetto), Mikey Porter (Preptech), and Sid Smith (Assetto) set to make their debuts. Return of Freddie Slater (R Racing).

Ginetta GT4 Supercup - 16 cars. 5 G56 Pros with the return of Reece Somerfield (Breakell) and Dawes (Century). 2 G56 Ams after the events of Thruxton. 5 G55 Pros with the return of Josh Poulain (Motus One). 4 G55 Ams.

F4 - 20 cars. Biggest grid of the season. Welcome return to the championship for Fortec with cars for Marcos Flack (another championship returnee) and James Higgins. Isaac Barashi debuts for Phynsis by Argenti. Jaden Rahman Pariat debuts for Chris Dittmann Racing.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB - 21 cars. Return of Jack Bartholomew (Richardson) and Ross Wylie (Toro Verde) to the Pro field. Return of Charles Bateman (Team Parker) in Pro-Am. Welcome championship return for Karl Leonard (Team Parker) in Pro-Am (presumably in Justin Sherwood's car given he is absent again). Mark Radcliffe returns to Valluga in the Am class. 11 Pros, 8 Pro-Ams, 2 Ams.
Thank you for these run-downs!

Looks good all around, a nice boost for F4 and Juniors. Expected GT4 to be worse after losing a couple from Thruxton.

Still find it strange that Gravett has left his dad's team! Must be an awkward dinner! I'm sure there are reasons.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 18:22 (Ref:4126610)   #19
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graves Motorsport isn't Robb Gravett's team. I don't know why you think that.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 18:33 (Ref:4126611)   #20
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Graves Motorsport isn't Robb Gravett's team. I don't know why you think that.
Ah, so you're right. Must've made that connection somewhere through his interviews. And also the name!
Old 20 Sep 2022, 19:53 (Ref:4126623)   #21
SSmith
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Thank you for these run-downs!

Looks good all around, a nice boost for F4 and Juniors. Expected GT4 to be worse after losing a couple from Thruxton.
You're welcome!

I think its quite a strong entry overall.

With Fortec returning to British F4, it seems highly likely that next season will have around 20 full-season entries which is great for the future of FIA-backed British single-seater racing.

All 4 new Junior drivers (5 if we include Slater) are probably making the most of the regulations. I think you can do 2-3 rounds in a season and still keep Rookie status for the following year which can have bonuses attached.

I also expected a very small GT4 field. James Kellett could clinch the G56 Pro title this weekend and could set a record for winning 4 races in one weekend (admittedly a 4-race weekend has only happened once before, at Knockhill 2016).
Old 21 Sep 2022, 07:48 (Ref:4126657)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
A notice for anyone planning to attend - Tickets are only available online, and not available to purchase on the gate.

(Particularly worth noting if you are planning on taking someone under 15 - who will still need a free ticket.)

https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events...ionship/prices
Old 21 Sep 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4126670)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I have a general dislike for Silverstone, its not particularly great for viewing and ever since they started hiring security guards for events, I got a nasty vibe about the whole thing.
Old 21 Sep 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4126682)   #24
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A notice for anyone planning to attend - Tickets are only available online, and not available to purchase on the gate.
I believe that's been the same for all Silverstone events this year.

On the plus side they don't close on-line sales so you could buy on the day using your phone whilst sat in the car park, signal permitting of course.
Old 21 Sep 2022, 12:56 (Ref:4126710)   #25
Bluebell
Rookie

Bluebell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The end of the Ginetta era....
https://www.facebook.com/16567075014...2438957130817/