Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Nov 2022, 09:15 (Ref:4133455)   #626
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Since they switched to the Corolla, Speedworks have always been much better at the end of the season than at the beginning. Perhaps the car is just more suited to the tracks at the end of the season (as it is generally the same), than at the beginning, rather than that the team is on the up.

I actually think Michael Crees drove considerably better last year than he has ever done before in the BTCC, and with the level of improvement he is showing each year, would be a decent addition to the Speedworks team. I think, with the help from the return of the option tyre, a harsher performance balancing system and reversed grids, he could win a race in that car, and would be something of a like-for-like replacement for Ricky Collard.

I also don't expect him to stay at Power Maxed, because I think they are going to bring in a new car and an established race winner as their first driver. I thought Crees would remain as the second driver and Ash Hand was only intending to race for one season, but then tentenths reminded me it was a multi-year deal, meaning he will be staying.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4133466)   #627
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
he could win a race in that car, and would be something of a like-for-like replacement for Ricky Collard.
Wishful thinking in my opinion! Agreed he had a decent year, but he's a way off the top drivers. Think Speedworks would have some better offers for the second seat... either that or Sam Smelt again

Of course, we don't know what the TBL changes have in store, so they could be looking to a third car again.

Glad Hand has a second season (theoretically!) locked in.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 14:20 (Ref:4133480)   #628
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Of course, we don't know what the TBL changes have in store, so they could be looking to a third car again.
You won't see an extra Toyota next year. You might see an extra Honda.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:06 (Ref:4133495)   #629
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I think the 3rd Honda is a given. Dynamics put a video on their tiktok account with their guys showing the workshop and the civics and it was "1,2,3 to build"
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:14 (Ref:4133497)   #630
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Could easily be a spare chassis or one they intend to sell on
Old 13 Nov 2022, 17:40 (Ref:4133506)   #631
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
I think the 3rd Honda is a given.
Who said anything about 3rd ?
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4133616)   #632
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Who said anything about 3rd ?
Rest of my post explained. But as this forum is full of "I know something you don't know" type people I'm not even gonna bother anymore. Waste of time.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:54 (Ref:4133626)   #633
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Rest of my post explained. But as this forum is full of "I know something you don't know" type people I'm not even gonna bother anymore. Waste of time.
I think it is just the case that Team Dynamics having 3 cars 'in build' does not automatically mean they are planning on entering 3 cars.

They have had at least one spare since 2020, when the time between rounds was condensed.

Currently - they have (AFAIK) four cars that they could use

NGTC-18-001 - last used in 2021
NGTC-18-002 - last used in 2021
NGTC-18-006 - used by Rowbottom in 2022
NGTC-18-007 - used by Shedden in 2022

They might be planning a third entry, but they could equally just be building up a spare to cover eventualities during the season. It would not surprise me to find out that TD had a third car ready to race with hybrid installed, and then never have it turn a wheel.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 11:04 (Ref:4133644)   #634
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame, they look like the FK8s again.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 11:28 (Ref:4133648)   #635
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Shame, they look like the FK8s again.
Thing is, even with a new car I'm not convinced they currently have the driver line-up to win a title, in comparison to Sutton, Ingram, Hill and Turkington who were really a step above this season.

Shedden seems to have lost his spark since WTCR and Rowbottom didn't have the consistency (or luck!). Certainly both are more than good enough to win races (and have done) and be at the sharp end of the championship, but from the last couple of years I struggle to see either claiming the title in 2023 - against Cook for one, in similar machinery.

An unpopular opinion perhaps!

Reckon both will come back though, Dynamics tend to have stable driver line-ups and neither are really underperforming.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 15:24 (Ref:4133692)   #636
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jade Edwards dropping a hint that her plans are for a BTC seat in 2023 - https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...90476276417810

Right then, let’s get back to business… ��

2023 won’t sort itself!

Let’s go, team! ����

#WeAreBTC
#BTCC
Old 14 Nov 2022, 16:17 (Ref:4133698)   #637
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thing is, even with a new car I'm not convinced they currently have the driver line-up to win a title, in comparison to Sutton, Ingram, Hill and Turkington who were really a step above this season.

Shedden seems to have lost his spark since WTCR and Rowbottom didn't have the consistency (or luck!). Certainly both are more than good enough to win races (and have done) and be at the sharp end of the championship, but from the last couple of years I struggle to see either claiming the title in 2023 - against Cook for one, in similar machinery.

An unpopular opinion perhaps!

Reckon both will come back though, Dynamics tend to have stable driver line-ups and neither are really underperforming.
Agreed, Shedden is no longer capable of winning a title (let alone some of his 'actions' are a disgrace for a triple BTCC champion) whereas Rowbottom is not a championship-winning calibre, a solid scorer with a win or a podium here and there at most. To add to this, it seems that since losing Honda backing, Cammish as a driver etc, Dynamics is no longer in the same league as WSR, EXCELR8, Motorbase etc. That's down to lots of aspects and can change back in some time but now, be that car, drivers, whatever, they're no longer up there. Solid, consistent, there or thereabouts, yes. But not a top of the tops sort of a team that they used to be.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 16:45 (Ref:4133700)   #638
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Agreed, Shedden is no longer capable of winning a title (let alone some of his 'actions' are a disgrace for a triple BTCC champion) whereas Rowbottom is not a championship-winning calibre, a solid scorer with a win or a podium here and there at most. To add to this, it seems that since losing Honda backing, Cammish as a driver etc, Dynamics is no longer in the same league as WSR, EXCELR8, Motorbase etc. That's down to lots of aspects and can change back in some time but now, be that car, drivers, whatever, they're no longer up there. Solid, consistent, there or thereabouts, yes. But not a top of the tops sort of a team that they used to be.
Maybe Steve Neal needs more credit for what the team achieved. As far as I can tell he is no longer involved
Old 14 Nov 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4133707)   #639
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Team Dynamics seemed to have gone downhill. The loss of manufacturer backing might have something to do with it. But they seem to have forgotten how to win titles
Old 14 Nov 2022, 19:24 (Ref:4133729)   #640
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jade Edwards dropping a hint that her plans are for a BTC seat in 2023 - https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...90476276417810

Right then, let’s get back to business… ??

2023 won’t sort itself!

Let’s go, team! ????

#WeAreBTC
#BTCC
so a BTC Honda at the back of the grid again
Old 15 Nov 2022, 08:21 (Ref:4133798)   #641
yellowbeard
Rookie

yellowbeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shedden seems to have lost his spark since WTCR.
The rule changes haven't suited his (the traditional TD) driving style, reinforced front bumpers are no longer a race winning strategy
Old 15 Nov 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4133850)   #642
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Right then, let’s get back to business… ??

2023 won’t sort itself!

Let’s go, team! ????

#WeAreBTC
#BTCC
Another wasted seat then
Old 15 Nov 2022, 13:50 (Ref:4133852)   #643
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
so a BTC Honda at the back of the grid again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Another wasted seat then
By all means - put your hands in your pockets and fund a different driver if you want someone else in the car.

The simple truth of BTCC is that if Jade can get the funds together for the drive, she deserves to be on the grid. It's not a wasted seat if the car is out each round, and why get too worried about someone running in the lower part of the field?

Not every driver in the BTCC can be a potential champion, unless you think a grid of single figures would be better?

Given the changes in the rest of the gird, the fairest assessment is probably against the JST. 6th with 270 points in 2021, 5th with 300 points in 2022.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 14:36 (Ref:4133860)   #644
Evantra
Veteran

England
Not great for BTC though if two thirds of their cars are near the back - depends on who's lined up to replace Plato. (again, assuming they run 3 cars).

Speaking of which, wonder if Proctor will be back on the grid.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4133877)   #645
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
depends on who's lined up to replace Plato. (again, assuming they run 3 cars).
Plato will be replacing Plato.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4133883)   #646
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Plato will be replacing Plato.
you mean Lewis Plato will replace him ?
Old 15 Nov 2022, 19:38 (Ref:4133884)   #647
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
squad of btcc drivers to race f1 stockcars this weekend.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Sm48aEW0g

Last edited by aland; 15 Nov 2022 at 19:49.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4134065)   #648
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there already a 3rd Speedworks Corolla? Or did the car that Andrew Jordan drove, when the hybrid technology was being tested, become one of the race cars for 2022?
Old 17 Nov 2022, 20:03 (Ref:4134066)   #649
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Is there already a 3rd Speedworks Corolla? Or did the car that Andrew Jordan drove, when the hybrid technology was being tested, become one of the race cars for 2022?
There are 3. The hybrid test car was driven by Collard in the final round of 2022.
Old 17 Nov 2022, 20:06 (Ref:4134067)   #650
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There are 3. The hybrid test car was driven by Collard in the final round of 2022.
Speedy reply! Thank you. I thought you’d be the one to know :-)