Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:17 (Ref:4135423)   #76
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
S griffin, I think you were close to answering my question correctly before.

In the meantime, I have another:

Which two drivers who have competed in F1 had the same name? (First name and surname).
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:20 (Ref:4135424)   #77
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
S griffin, I think you were close to answering my question correctly before.

In the meantime, I have another:

Which two drivers who have competed in F1 had the same name? (First name and surname).
Nelson Piquet?
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:33 (Ref:4135430)   #78
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry. Which two pairs of drivers? The Piquets are one of them.

Last edited by Born Racer; 29 Nov 2022 at 14:45.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:40 (Ref:4135432)   #79
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Sorry. Which two pairs of drivers? The Piquts are one of them.
The other pair... UK driver John Barber (1953 Cooper) and American driver John "Skip" Barber (1971-72 Gene Mason Racing March)?

Richard

Last edited by Richard C; 29 Nov 2022 at 14:50.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:10 (Ref:4135467)   #80
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jacques Villeneuve 1997 WDC and Jacques Villeneuve 3x entrant in 1981 and 1983.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:28 (Ref:4135468)   #81
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jacques Villeneuve 1997 WDC and Jacques Villeneuve 3x entrant in 1981 and 1983.
This is probably the answer he was looking for. Maybe we can find a fourth pair!

Richard
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:40 (Ref:4135470)   #82
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
This is probably the answer he was looking for. Maybe we can find a fourth pair!

Richard
Michael and Mick Schumacher is a bit of a stretch....
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:49 (Ref:4135474)   #83
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
There was also Reginald Harold Haslam "Tim" Parnell and Reginald Parnell who both competed in the '50s.

And the Rathmann brothers 'swapped' names.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 19:56 (Ref:4135475)   #84
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Michael and Mick Schumacher is a bit of a stretch....
I was trying to make it work, but as best as I can tell, "Mick" is not short for "Michael".

Richard
Old 29 Nov 2022, 20:02 (Ref:4135477)   #85
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also a bit of a stretch....

Rob and Bob Schroeder (both Robert)

Robert L. Schroeder was born in Illinois in 1928 and entered the 1959 Indy 500 (on the F1 Calendar)
Robert E. Schroeder was born in Arkansas in 1926 and came 10th at the 1962 Watkins Glen US GP.
Not related despite them both being born around at the same time

Another stretch is Hans Stuck Sr and Jr. The stretch is I believe Jr was Hans-Joachim r

Last edited by E.B; 29 Nov 2022 at 20:12.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 20:02 (Ref:4135478)   #86
Richard C
Veteran

Reginald "Reg" Parnell (1950-54) and Reginald "Tim" Parnell (1959, 61, 63)

Looking for a sixth now.

Richard

(Edit... duplicate from above)
Old 29 Nov 2022, 20:08 (Ref:4135479)   #87
Richard C
Veteran

Nelson Piquet
John Barber
Jacques Villeneuve
Reginald Parnell
Robert Schroeder (I would count this if the Indy 500 was on the F1 calendar)

Richard
Old 29 Nov 2022, 20:36 (Ref:4135481)   #88
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I was trying to make it work, but as best as I can tell, "Mick" is not short for "Michael".

Richard
He was named after Mick Doohan.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 20:42 (Ref:4135482)   #89
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nelson Piquet
John Barber
Jacques Villeneuve
Reginald Parnell
Robert Schroeder (I would count this if the Indy 500 was on the F1 calendar)

Richard
Isnt Piquet Junior actually Nelsinho Piquet?
Old 29 Nov 2022, 20:46 (Ref:4135483)   #90
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

Richard
Mick is a masculine given name, usually a short form (hypocorism) of Michael.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 20:47 (Ref:4135484)   #91
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Isnt Piquet Junior actually Nelsinho Piquet?
Nelson Angelo Tamsma Piquet Souto Maior. But known as Nelsinho as an alternative form of 'junior'.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 00:06 (Ref:4135497)   #92
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hans Stuck?
Old 30 Nov 2022, 03:08 (Ref:4135505)   #93
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Hans Stuck?
Mentioned on the previous page
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Another stretch is Hans Stuck Sr and Jr. The stretch is I believe Jr was Hans-Joachim Stuck as opposed to plain Hans
Old 30 Nov 2022, 04:14 (Ref:4135507)   #94
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
He was named after Mick Doohan.
If true, that would be interesting as Mick Doohan's given name is Michael Doohan!

Richard
Old 30 Nov 2022, 05:36 (Ref:4135510)   #95
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
If true, that would be interesting as Mick Doohan's given name is Michael Doohan!

Richard
It appears Doohan and Schumacher were very good friends back in the day.... neighbours in Monaco. In fact Jack Doohan states that Michael Schumacher is the reason he got into racing cars as opposed to bikes. Micheal gifted Jack a go kart which set him on his way. Mick and Jack have been lifelong friends and are still very close.

This article explains and also touches on the Mick S named after Mick D story.

Full story
https://www.dmarge.com/jack-doohan-m...her-go-karting
Old 30 Nov 2022, 06:48 (Ref:4135512)   #96
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Richard
Yeah, but the Schumacher’s christened their son ‘Mick’ as that is how they always knew Mick Doohan.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4135536)   #97
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Seems there's more F1 drivers with the same name than Born Racer thought!
Old 30 Nov 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4135593)   #98
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Born Racer declare a winner. If me, I defer to someone else for the next quiz question.

Richard
Old 3 Dec 2022, 05:22 (Ref:4135954)   #99
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I totally forgot some of those mentioned. Not my best choice of question. Feel free to ask a question if you named a pair.

I was thinking of Jacques Villeneuve and Nelson Piquet.

Regarding my previous question:

Quote:
Clue: Leclerc, Pérez, Russell, Sainz, Ocon, Bottas, Ricciardo and Gasly all have something similar in common to what Magnussen, Stroll, Hulkenberg and Albon have in common, but with a key difference.
They have all had world champion team-mates, but Magnussen, Stroll, Hulkenberg and Albon have all had champion team-mates (or who have been champions now) and not won a Grand Prix themselves.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4135964)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Technically Hulkenberg wasn't Vettel's team mate though. He replaced him at a couple of GPs this season just gone though