Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Dec 2022, 20:54 (Ref:4136101)   #776
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Might well be BTC Racing as the sole customer team. But then again are they getting new cars or just a new engine supplier? And what will Aiden Moffat Racing and Carl Boardley Motorsport be driving for 2023?
No new cars for BTC. I had heard they were looking to expand to a 4th entry but obviously that's not happening now. That is assuming they don't do a deal to borrow/lease the TBL from Boardley.

Moffat's Infinitis are likely to be replaced with Cupras. Not sure if I'd call that a customer team or not.
Old 4 Dec 2022, 21:49 (Ref:4136106)   #777
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Moffat's Infinitis are likely to be replaced with Cupras. Not sure if I'd call that a customer team or not.
Seems a shame the number of models looks to decrease further. Yes the grid numbers aren't coming down, but not ideal if we're not seeing new models developed as frequently.

What would that make it - 4x Fords, 6x Cupras, 4x BMWs, 4x Hyundais, 5x Hondas, 3x Toyotas plus the unknowns in PMR and Boardley (BMW?). Perhaps we're just spoilt off the back of having about 10 a few years ago.
Old 4 Dec 2022, 22:04 (Ref:4136108)   #778
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
What would that make it - 4x Fords, 6x Cupras, 4x BMWs, 4x Hyundais, 5x Hondas, 3x Toyotas plus the unknowns in PMR and Boardley (BMW?).
PMR will be using the Astras again

Boardley seems to be the only unknown at this stage
Old 4 Dec 2022, 22:29 (Ref:4136111)   #779
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Well, that's rather disappointing.

Guess it's up to Boardley to throw something new into the mix then! I suppose it'll just be a fifth Hard entry under Boardley's name.
Old 4 Dec 2022, 23:16 (Ref:4136114)   #780
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Motorbase?
Old 5 Dec 2022, 07:55 (Ref:4136125)   #781
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Can see Boardley running a car under his own banner. Either for himself or someone else
Old 5 Dec 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4136128)   #782
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Motorbase?
Continuing with the Focus. New car build has been postponed until 2024
Old 5 Dec 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4136130)   #783
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Continuing with the Focus. New car build has been postponed until 2024
I must’ve missed that announcement….
Old 5 Dec 2022, 09:11 (Ref:4136131)   #784
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
I must’ve missed that announcement….
Ah, mention of it in the online article by Autosport RE TBL announcement.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4136137)   #785
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com Hyundai i30 Fastback NLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Laser Tools????Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Laser Tools???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing???SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing???CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel. 
Motorbase-3??????Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4?????????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra Taylor-Smith Confirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.CupraThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.CupraHamilton? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra????  
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330eMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330eTurkington?Confirmed entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3MB MotorsportBMW 330eHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330eJelley?MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023 – WSR confirmed as a 4-car entryInel.
PMR-1PMRAstra?Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRAstra????  
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing??????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 11:29 (Ref:4136147)   #786
Millvi
Racer

No update for Motorbase to ‘Focus?’ ????
Old 5 Dec 2022, 11:33 (Ref:4136148)   #787
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No update for Motorbase to ‘Focus?’ ????
I've not seen anything confirming it yet. I could put it in with a ? in the next update, although at present I think (in the public domain) it is unknown what car they or BTC will be running.

The Autosport article reads:

'Sources have suggested that recent moves by Motorbase and BTC to develop new-build machinery are unlikely to materialise for the 2023 season, and that they will remain with their respective Ford Focus ST and Honda Civic Type R weaponry for another campaign.'
Old 5 Dec 2022, 11:41 (Ref:4136150)   #788
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I've not seen anything confirming it yet. I could put it in with a ? in the next update, although at present I think (in the public domain) it is unknown what car they or BTC will be running.

The Autosport article reads:

'Sources have suggested that recent moves by Motorbase and BTC to develop new-build machinery are unlikely to materialise for the 2023 season, and that they will remain with their respective Ford Focus ST and Honda Civic Type R weaponry for another campaign.'
Just thought it was enough to go from ??? To Focus? But not Focus
Old 5 Dec 2022, 11:49 (Ref:4136152)   #789
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Just thought it was enough to go from ??? To Focus? But not Focus

Yes - maybe. Probably for the next update, I'll switch BTC and Motorbase to being Civic? and Focus? respectively (unless anything formal is declared in the mean time).

It's always a bit of a judgment call as to how much reliance is placed on 'sources' and non-formal announcements.

Old 5 Dec 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4136173)   #790
PGib92
Rookie

PGib92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Laser Out

That's unexpected, especially with 2 TBL with Aiden

https://www.lasertoolsracing.co.uk/b...raws-from-btcc
Old 5 Dec 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4136179)   #791
PGib92
Rookie

PGib92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't let me post a link, but this has just been posted on Laser Tools Racing Socials

? Announcement:

Laser Tools Racing has today (December 5th) announced its withdrawal from the BTCC and will not be contesting the championship in 2023.

Please click on the link below to read the announcement in full. *link won't post*

#Announcement #BTCC #LaserTools #LaserToolsRacing #TouringCars #BritishTouringCars #Motorsport
Old 5 Dec 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4136180)   #792
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGib92 View Post
Won't let me post a link, but this has just been posted on Laser Tools Racing Socials

? Announcement:

Laser Tools Racing has today (December 5th) announced its withdrawal from the BTCC and will not be contesting the championship in 2023.

Please click on the link below to read the announcement in full. *link won't post*

#Announcement #BTCC #LaserTools #LaserToolsRacing #TouringCars #BritishTouringCars #Motorsport
And just two years after their dominant title win. I hope Aiden Moffat finds a new team, I can see him driving a Cupra at HARD, and Dexter Patterson looked like he has potential as well.

The Infiniti will almost certainly be retired now, but hopefully the TBLs will go to other teams like Graves Motorsport or Team Parker Racing, or to add to the likes of Team Dynamics, rather than just back to Alan Gow. Or maybe Team HARD will enter seven Cupras next year.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4136181)   #793
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGib92 View Post

? Announcement:

Link here - https://www.lasertoolsracing.co.uk/b...raws-from-btcc

'Chairman of Laser Tools, Martin Smith commented: “We’ve had a great nine years in the BTCC and I am particularly proud of the 2021 season as winners of the Teams’ Championship and Drivers’ Championship in the same year.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved with the team during our years of competing in the BTCC — it really has been a “team” in the true sense of the word, and everyone involved over the years, in whatever capacity, has my heartfelt thanks. I would also like to thank other partners who have joined us in this success story.

“And of course we must thank Aiden Moffat and the rest of the Moffat family who have offered so much involvement and sheer hard work into this project. We wish them well for the future.

“Now, it’s time for a new challenge, and we have some exciting plans in place for 2023. However, we are open to new ideas and new offers to take the team forward.”'

So - it seems like the Moffat entry has lost the Laser Tools backing.

EDIT: - yes, from Aiden - https://www.facebook.com/Aiden.Moffat.Racing

'Massive thanks for all the support over the years to Laser Tools. Cannot thank them enough for the fantastic journey together. Looking forward to sharing with you guys soon my plans for the 2023 BTCC season'
Old 5 Dec 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4136182)   #794
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
hopefully the TBLs will go to other teams like Graves Motorsport or Team Parker Racing,
They may not have to change hands - they belong to Aiden Moffat Racing, not Laser Tools.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4136184)   #795
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just to be clear

is it just Laser Tools pulling out as title sponsor or the whole Moffat team pulling out ?
Old 5 Dec 2022, 17:17 (Ref:4136187)   #796
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
just to be clear

is it just Laser Tools pulling out as title sponsor or the whole Moffat team pulling out ?
Laser Tools as a sponsor

Aiden Moffat Racing is still on the TBL allocation list.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 17:19 (Ref:4136188)   #797
redshoes
Veteran

https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/05/pors...at-least-2026/
Porsche Carrera Cup GB and Sprint Challenge will remain on the BTCC support package until at least 2026

I no, I'm not starting 2024 / 2025 / 2025 threads !
Old 5 Dec 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4136189)   #798
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
And just two years after their dominant title win. I hope Aiden Moffat finds a new team, I can see him driving a Cupra at HARD, and Dexter Patterson looked like he has potential as well.

The Infiniti will almost certainly be retired now, but hopefully the TBLs will go to other teams like Graves Motorsport or Team Parker Racing, or to add to the likes of Team Dynamics, rather than just back to Alan Gow. Or maybe Team HARD will enter seven Cupras next year.
its just the sponsor that has finished not the team!
Old 5 Dec 2022, 17:26 (Ref:4136190)   #799
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/05/pors...at-least-2026/
Porsche Carrera Cup GB and Sprint Challenge will remain on the BTCC support package until at least 2026

I no, I'm not starting 2024 / 2025 / 2025 threads !

I’m not sure I can make that many cups of tea on a Sunday.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 17:30 (Ref:4136191)   #800
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Putting 2+2 and coming up with at least 5, I wonder whether this announcement is due in no small part to the Moffat's desire to enter a new car for 2023, and Laser Tools being unable, or just unwilling, to fund such a challenge?