Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Nov 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4133346)   #151
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to E-I Yifel Ye will join Antonio Felix Da Costa and Will Stevens in the Jota Porsche

https://en.endurance-info.com/auto/a...-963-lmdh-2023
Old 12 Nov 2022, 20:34 (Ref:4133390)   #152
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a decent line up. Curious to see how the Porsche privateers go against the works teams.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 08:45 (Ref:4133593)   #153
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tandy and Makowiecki complete the works Porsche roster - https://presse.porsche.de/prod/press...sionid=1374334
Old 14 Nov 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4133637)   #154
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tandy's record is crazy. Overall or class wins at LM, Daytona, N24, Spa 24, Sebring.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 12:46 (Ref:4133658)   #155
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
I wonder if Porsche were holding a seat spare on the off-chance a Seb Vettel type driver became available? As they'd already signalled Makowiecki's involvement but stopped short of announcing him as a driver back at FoS.

This upcoming era is going to be incredible. My only tiny nitpick is I'd have loved to see a big surprising name announced in one of the many seats. Not sure there's a single driver currently on the grid in WEC or IMSA in those top cars that can be considered a surprise or has made me go 'oh wow'. Can't fault the logical and deserved promotion of top GT driving talent... but still.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4133662)   #156
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I can only apologise for that. The truth is, I got passed over again......
Old 14 Nov 2022, 14:03 (Ref:4133671)   #157
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Porsche line up is awesome but I assume Dane Cameron has dirt on someone to be able to get that seat.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4133677)   #158
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Porsche line up is awesome but I assume Dane Cameron has dirt on someone to be able to get that seat.
Eh, he was quite quick in DP and DPi over the years and won championships in 2016 and 2019. Also drove for Penske with the Acura program so he is a known commodity for them.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 15:12 (Ref:4133688)   #159
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wonder if Porsche were holding a seat spare on the off-chance a Seb Vettel type driver became available? As they'd already signalled Makowiecki's involvement but stopped short of announcing him as a driver back at FoS.

This upcoming era is going to be incredible. My only tiny nitpick is I'd have loved to see a big surprising name announced in one of the many seats. Not sure there's a single driver currently on the grid in WEC or IMSA in those top cars that can be considered a surprise or has made me go 'oh wow'. Can't fault the logical and deserved promotion of top GT driving talent... but still.
That will come, surely. Whether it's Vettel/Alonso types or youngsters who can't progress beyond F2 etc. Or Indy drivers linked to Penske/Ganassi or even McLaren because of Zak Brown having fingers in various pies. Plenty to keep the attention for the next couple of years anyway!
Old 14 Nov 2022, 19:53 (Ref:4133732)   #160
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Eh, he was quite quick in DP and DPi over the years and won championships in 2016 and 2019. Also drove for Penske with the Acura program so he is a known commodity for them.
He's good enough to mix it with the other 963 drivers. In Porsche's case specifically, they have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to filling their seats. With Audi exiting stage left, only Ferrari comes close to the breadth of depth in their roster.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 20:47 (Ref:4133738)   #161
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find the Fred Mako announcement delay strange when he was the guy that did a lot of the development, it’s almost like they went out there looking for something else and not finding it, hopefully he goes well…Tandy is one of those guys that would be quick in absolutely anything so a no brainer
Old 15 Nov 2022, 17:02 (Ref:4133878)   #162
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Racer thinking Tandy/Jaminet and Nasr/Campbell will be the IMSA lineups.

https://racer.com/2022/11/15/tandy-m...river-line-up/
Old 16 Nov 2022, 15:32 (Ref:4133951)   #163
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Racer thinking Tandy/Jaminet and Nasr/Campbell will be the IMSA lineups.

https://racer.com/2022/11/15/tandy-m...river-line-up/
Interesting, I would have thought Cameron was a lock for IMSA.
Old 25 Nov 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4134826)   #164
Mike E
Veteran

Toyota drivers unchanged for '23

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...3-fia-wec.html
Old 25 Nov 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4134838)   #165
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It's not info Toyota would want getting out, but if we assume De Vries was getting a seat prior to his F1 switch, I wonder who was going to make way?

I think consistency of crews and machinery is going to be a key advantage for them next year so I can see why they've done this.
Old 25 Nov 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4134872)   #166
Mike E
Veteran

Agreed. Everyone else will be trying to figure out their cars and Toyota can just keep doing what they do.
Old 25 Nov 2022, 13:38 (Ref:4134881)   #167
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's not info Toyota would want getting out, but if we assume De Vries was getting a seat prior to his F1 switch, I wonder who was going to make way?
According to https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...ason/10404726/ it would have been Lopez to make way.
Which is completely understandable, as he's clearly been the weakest link for a while.
Old 6 Dec 2022, 07:20 (Ref:4136234)   #168
Mike E
Veteran

Grosjean to Lamborghini for 2024 WEC

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/16...YPXIuushg&s=19

https://www.fiawec.com/en/news/grosj...c-in-2024/7535
Old 6 Dec 2022, 13:07 (Ref:4136245)   #169
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting how his previous start at Le Mans in 2010 (Matech Ford GT1) isn't mentioned...
Old 6 Dec 2022, 14:29 (Ref:4136255)   #170
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Interesting how his previous start at Le Mans in 2010 (Matech Ford GT1) isn't mentioned...
My first Le Mans was 2011 and I always wished I could have just made the jump one year earlier. That was a really nice looking grid that year.

Anyway, great to see Romain return to sportscars. That's the sort of big name announcement I was hoping we'd get. Didn't see it rumoured anywhere either which is cool that they kept it under wraps.
Old 6 Dec 2022, 16:06 (Ref:4136266)   #171
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great for Grosean, as it keeps him in race seat like many in Indy car.
There are two guys in formula 1 who need to exercise this option; Vettel and Schuey Jr.
Sebastian is recently retired and will soon need a challenge, well here it is.
Michael's dad did the same thing after his go with DTM and drove with Dauber/Mercedes prototype , to considerable success. Junior can run with the Ferrari Hypercar team and put some of that skill to good use.
No major loss here...
Old 7 Dec 2022, 19:12 (Ref:4136379)   #172
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Nicholas Latifi is also looking for a seart somewhere
And he has cash too
Old 7 Dec 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4136382)   #173
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I instantly read that as, "And he has crash too" lol
Old 13 Dec 2022, 13:11 (Ref:4137005)   #174
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Great for Grosean, as it keeps him in race seat like many in Indy car.
There are two guys in formula 1 who need to exercise this option; Vettel and Schuey Jr.
Sebastian is recently retired and will soon need a challenge, well here it is.
Michael's dad did the same thing after his go with DTM and drove with Dauber/Mercedes prototype , to considerable success. Junior can run with the Ferrari Hypercar team and put some of that skill to good use.
No major loss here...
Vettel's future challenges are likely outside the car completely, he made it sound like he's fully hanging up the helmet and gonna spend time with family and on projects away from the track he is passionate about.

Ferrari does not need Mick screwing up their development with the field of sportscar drivers they already have in house. He has been an open wheel guy without much, if any endurance background. Why throw him in a car where he would be extra and not really gonna bring eyes to a WELL known program
Old 13 Dec 2022, 14:21 (Ref:4137013)   #175
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
More cross-over between the two series, incl. involvement from (academy) drivers, might provide additional marketing benefits to the team/brand.