Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Dec 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4136992)   #126
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Andreas Seidl to Sauber as a lead-in to Audi's involvement.

Andrea Stella in as new TP at McLaren.

I guess that makes it easy for the people who make door labels in Woking; all they have to do is cover an S over and they're sorted!
Old 13 Dec 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4137006)   #127
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Across the pond, Indycar are really struggling for commercial relevance and sponsorship (no money for 2.4L engine plan so that's cancelled for example) while Formula One booms, even in the United States.

What's going on? Is "Drive to Survive" really that powerful? If so, why doesn't Indycar participate in their own streaming reality television show?
Yeah, not sure F1 is bringing much of that actual funding from US sources outside of US controlled business partners. I see FAR more Indy and Nascar, hell even YouTube garage and NHRA, drivers on advertising than anything from F1. Exception being on F1 weekends the Duracell Williams commercials, other than that ZERO
Old 13 Dec 2022, 15:21 (Ref:4137026)   #128
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a merry go round of team principals we have had. Maybe it will be completed with Binotto going to Williams!
Old 13 Dec 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4137069)   #129
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Andreas Seidl to Sauber as a lead-in to Audi's involvement.

Andrea Stella in as new TP at McLaren.

I guess that makes it easy for the people who make door labels in Woking; all they have to do is cover an S over and they're sorted!

I always thought the silly season was all about the drivers, clearly not.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 21:44 (Ref:4137074)   #130
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I always thought the silly season was all about the drivers, clearly not.
Interesting they all seem To have been grown up - no mentions of Gardening Leave
Old 13 Dec 2022, 22:18 (Ref:4137077)   #131
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What a merry go round of team principals we have had. Maybe it will be completed with Binotto going to Williams!
With all of the changes, I told my son to give it a week and he will be in charge of an F1 team. He said he wouldn't be qualified. I said... Just start at Ferrari and focus on getting pit stops right.

Richard
Old 13 Dec 2022, 23:06 (Ref:4137080)   #132
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Interesting they all seem To have been grown up - no mentions of Gardening Leave
Fred and Seidl are managers though, they’re not technical.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 23:51 (Ref:4137081)   #133
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
but surely even organizational information is important.

must admit i am curious how some of these moving pieces will affect how their new team's approach the budget cap, how they monitor their former teams, what they may have to say about prior year shenanigan's.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4137114)   #134
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really wonder how this will shake out. The last 24 hours have been crazy. If Seidl gets himself a good team principal, which I have zero doubt he will, Audi will come in like a bull. Yeah, I know there is another one in the paddock, but I expect the new one will really make its presence known. Seidl has done massive work at McLaren. Audi are for real with him as CEO.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4137116)   #135
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As a McLaren fan, I was dismayed when I learned that Seidl would be leaving. He has always underpromised even when it looked like they were delivering, focused on what the team could do long term, and he's a great team builder.

But, while Ferrari there was no replacement signed when Binotto was kicked out, or no replacement announced at Williams, McLaren at least seems to be a functional organization as they had a guy to step up at day one. I have some hope that means the groundwork Seidl has done will stay. I really don't think that team cold afford another slump.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:46 (Ref:4137130)   #136
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
But, while Ferrari there was no replacement signed when Binotto was kicked out
Everyone knew Fred was going there before the season ended though.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 12:20 (Ref:4137139)   #137
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Fred and Seidl are managers though, they’re not technical.
Wrong on both counts
Old 14 Dec 2022, 12:45 (Ref:4137143)   #138
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Wrong on both counts
You're entitled to your opinion, although you are completely wrong.

Being an engineer years ago, doesn't make you TD or design-level now.

You should also realise that internally these moves have likely been known for some time, especially Seidl, and so there will likely have been some access restrictions in place.

Last edited by peebee2; 14 Dec 2022 at 12:51.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 12:49 (Ref:4137144)   #139
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
You're entitled to your opinion, although you are completely wrong.
Both are quoted as being Engineers, Siedle was head of Track side operations at Sauber and also was an engineer at BMW. Vassuer trained as an engineer before setting up ART . Both have formally been administrators but both have a deep understanding and knowledge of the Engineering - in the same way as Binotto. It would seem McLaren have been very grown up and have known about this move for a while.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 13:33 (Ref:4137152)   #140
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:

Well, contracts where not signed, and the official line when Binotto went official was "more news later". That's not a clear line of succession. Sure, it's not flailing about and nobody knows what's happening, Alpine style.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 13:45 (Ref:4137154)   #141
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Did they?

When the resignation was handed in, Ferrari were still sounding out the potential for Andreas Seidl to move - who 'politely declined' the offer.

La Stampa were reporting as late as 29th Nov that the hierarchy were also considering a move for Ross Brawn.

And some others were of the opinion that Benedetto Vigna intended to interfere even further (having meddled with strategy at 5 races in 2022) and take on full responsibility.

Ultimately, the turmoil in the Agnelli family and at Exor meant that nobody was fully certain how things would turn out.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 14:00 (Ref:4137160)   #142
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Well, contracts where not signed, and the official line when Binotto went official was "more news later". That's not a clear line of succession. Sure, it's not flailing about and nobody knows what's happening, Alpine style.
How do you know what had already been agreed.

Certainly "the word" was Fred to Ferrari quite a while before Abu Dhabi.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4137162)   #143
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
How do you know what had already been agreed.

Certainly "the word" was Fred to Ferrari quite a while before Abu Dhabi.

How come hearsay it a valid argument for you, but not for me?

Yeah, I know lot of rumours talked about it. Read what crmalcolm wrote above instead.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 18:46 (Ref:4137199)   #144
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
How come hearsay it a valid argument for you, but not for me?

Yeah, I know lot of rumours talked about it. Read what crmalcolm wrote above instead.
Point taken Andreas, although you reported "contracts where not signed" (sic) which seems a statement of fact.

That's not what I believe.

Crmalcolm said he heard that Fred had bought a house in Maranello. If so, I doubt he did that just in case they decided to approach him!
Old 14 Dec 2022, 19:25 (Ref:4137203)   #145
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Well, then that's sorted.

Now we just wait for the next bomb to dro.
Old 15 Dec 2022, 10:05 (Ref:4137231)   #146
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Did they?

When the resignation was handed in, Ferrari were still sounding out the potential for Andreas Seidl to move - who 'politely declined' the offer.

La Stampa were reporting as late as 29th Nov that the hierarchy were also considering a move for Ross Brawn.

And some others were of the opinion that Benedetto Vigna intended to interfere even further (having meddled with strategy at 5 races in 2022) and take on full responsibility.

Ultimately, the turmoil in the Agnelli family and at Exor meant that nobody was fully certain how things would turn out.

I'd read elsewhere that the Boss had intervened in team strategy, certainly that was a disastrous area for Ferrari. The question is perhaps why did Binotto take the flak for it and give such BS excuses? Was the Boss dictating he keep Inaki Rueda?
What's certain is the team have lost a loyal and capable man who'd guided them back to a position where they probably should have won a championship. Typical Ferrari then?
Old 15 Dec 2022, 16:18 (Ref:4137259)   #147
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a bit early for a winter testing thread so thought i would just drop this here for now.

only 1 3 day test in Bahrain between feb 23-25.

i suspect that means the car launch windows will all be before that day or possibly at Bahrain itself.

someone with more expertise can comment on this, but will the rule changes to floor height mean teams will need to redesign their cars or can they (well the smaller teams anyways) get away with small upgrades to last years car to achieve this?

also a nice table part way down this link breaking down the amount of aero/wind tunnel/CFD testing the teams can do in 2023 based on how they finished in the previous season?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/2...%20in%20action.

and someone with more expertise can comment on this, but given that work on the 2023 car started in 2022 (or earlier) does this mean that a reduction of allowable time in 2023 more greatly affect the design of the 2024 car (given that development work will start on that in 2023)?

following that logic and given that there is set to be a much larger rule change in 2026 can this be seen in a way which suggest that teams are being disincentivized to do well in 2024 in order to get more allotted time in 2025 with which to better develop for 2026?
Old 16 Dec 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4137362)   #148
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A new name on the entry list next season.

Welcome to the grid Fernando Alonso Diaz
Old 16 Dec 2022, 18:19 (Ref:4137365)   #149
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A new name on the entry list next season.

Welcome to the grid Fernando Alonso Diaz
You might be right, although I thought he entered with his full name earlier in his career.

Like Sergio Perez Mendoza.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 18:32 (Ref:4137367)   #150
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
You might be right, although I thought he entered with his full name earlier in his career.

Like Sergio Perez Mendoza.
Alonso officially changes name for 2023 season entry list

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/166979/alonso-changes-start-list-name.html