Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 23 Dec 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4137941)   #701
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So this only affects Rouen at the moment?
As far as LeMans is concerned yes, but La Rochelle is also an emission free zone.
Old 23 Dec 2022, 11:19 (Ref:4137942)   #702
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much.
Old 25 Dec 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4138162)   #703
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been reading quite a lot on PH (and a little on CA - as there is very little there these days) about people who have missed out on tickets (primarily camping) for next year. Many of these appear to be the people who expected to camp on the PH site with 1st Tickets. I feel sorry for Brian and co who have been thoroughly shafted by the ACO and are now being lambasted by people who have been unsuccessful. What puzzles me though is where these people have been and what they've been doing for the last month or more? Hiding under a rock? It's been patently obvious from the initial splitting of the entry/grandstand tickets from camping/parking that something seriously weird was happening and that there was a need to cover yourself by trying to book tickets independently. I appreciate that this probably wasn't an option for those organising big groups (who have my sympathy for a really difficult situation) but there are a lot of people venting who profess to be LM regulars who appear to be waking up only now to the fact that they really should have done something to cover themselves weeks ago. Am I being unfair? It's just bugging me that the annoyance and anger is being directed at the wrong people.....
Old 25 Dec 2022, 14:11 (Ref:4138174)   #704
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bah humbug! Merry Christmas.
Old 25 Dec 2022, 23:21 (Ref:4138201)   #705
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I've been reading quite a lot on PH (and a little on CA - as there is very little there these days) about people who have missed out on tickets (primarily camping) for next year. Many of these appear to be the people who expected to camp on the PH site with 1st Tickets. I feel sorry for Brian and co who have been thoroughly shafted by the ACO and are now being lambasted by people who have been unsuccessful. What puzzles me though is where these people have been and what they've been doing for the last month or more? Hiding under a rock? It's been patently obvious from the initial splitting of the entry/grandstand tickets from camping/parking that something seriously weird was happening and that there was a need to cover yourself by trying to book tickets independently. I appreciate that this probably wasn't an option for those organising big groups (who have my sympathy for a really difficult situation) but there are a lot of people venting who profess to be LM regulars who appear to be waking up only now to the fact that they really should have done something to cover themselves weeks ago. Am I being unfair? It's just bugging me that the annoyance and anger is being directed at the wrong people.....
I was thinking the same. But I guess we're so in the detail compared to most. If you're not active on a forum and you're not on the ACO mailing list there's a good chance it could slip by you if you were just used to thinking about LM once the New Year rolled around. I know the agency I used sent out emails trying to warn of the situation.

I can sympathise with people who have been caught out not getting GA tickets for sure as I'm not sure anyone predicted we'd be in this situation.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 05:14 (Ref:4138209)   #706
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
but many of those complianing are regulars on PH and should have known tht things were very difficult and been aware.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 07:51 (Ref:4138214)   #707
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, for whatever lucky reason you can come up with, I found a pair of GA tickets under the tree yesterday.

I've been a lurker to these parts for years, but very rarely a poster.

In a nutshell, how boned am I to be organising/attempting to organise accommodation and travel this late in the game? A quick read of this thread suggests bad news.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 12:44 (Ref:4138226)   #708
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
but many of those complianing are regulars on PH and should have known tht things were very difficult and been aware.
But Rich is right. The only place I've found where the members are (and were) properly up to date with what was going on (as well as it could be found out) is here. There has been a surprising degree of ignorance at what has been going on everywhere else. If I'd been relying on CA and PH, I really wouldn't have had a clue what was going on.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 12:47 (Ref:4138227)   #709
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Well, for whatever lucky reason you can come up with, I found a pair of GA tickets under the tree yesterday.

I've been a lurker to these parts for years, but very rarely a poster.

In a nutshell, how boned am I to be organising/attempting to organise accommodation and travel this late in the game? A quick read of this thread suggests bad news.
Travel you may well be OK. Having said that, I booked my ferry the day the routes for June 2023 were opened. Accommodation, well, that might be a bit tricky. If you were hoping to camp at the circuit, you're probably now in the same position as many others, needing to keep your eyes peeled on here, eBay and elsewhere for anything that comes up. I gather there are still opportunities for private camping away from the circuit (which is what I would be looking for if I was in your position). If you're hoping for hotels within an hour's drive of the circuit, you're going to have to look hard. My old pals struggled to find accommodation within half an hours drive and they were looking over a month ago.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4138229)   #710
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
But Rich is right. The only place I've found where the members are (and were) properly up to date with what was going on (as well as it could be found out) is here. There has been a surprising degree of ignorance at what has been going on everywhere else. If I'd been relying on CA and PH, I really wouldn't have had a clue what was going on.
Info is pretty much all there - but split over 30 threads is so and main ones on private sites selling out at start of August and one on Tickets on sale and prices dropped off radar. Told them in October that chance for private sites pretty non-existent unless existing customer and ACO member camping route best bet.

Were some views that nothing had been sold/reserved until 5 Dec (allocation dates).

However, thought Registered Interest list was held open too long and not really queued.

Being the last shop to full open and not knowing public site stock until opening day and a very small delivery due to ACO timing is a no win situation.
Old 26 Dec 2022, 16:04 (Ref:4138241)   #711
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Maybe. But I think a lot of PH members simply assumed they were sorted and didn't appreciate the extent of the problems that the ACO had created....for them and the agency. Too easy now to just blame the agency.
Old 27 Dec 2022, 09:48 (Ref:4138288)   #712
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Found a quote that’s fitting - Clarence Day

Information’s pretty thin stuff unless mixed with experience.
Old 27 Dec 2022, 10:40 (Ref:4138294)   #713
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Have Goodwin and Pruett fielded any questions about the ticket saga on TWISC?
Old 27 Dec 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4138295)   #714
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Have Goodwin and Pruett fielded any questions about the ticket saga on TWISC?
Not that I have heard. Anyway, it was a historic success. No discussion needed.
Old 27 Dec 2022, 11:32 (Ref:4138299)   #715
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think the ACO had vowel problems when they spelled 'historical'......
Old 27 Dec 2022, 14:32 (Ref:4138308)   #716
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think the ACO had vowel problems when they spelled 'historical'......
Now that made me laugh, even if not hysterically
Old 29 Dec 2022, 11:56 (Ref:4138411)   #717
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Did see a mention of every winning car parading somewhere?

So 9 June Friday pm late parade of over 60 cars? that have competed and Museum display of those cars opening 1 June per press release (outside - temporary building? must be inside circuit close to Bugtatti up near Dunlop - like Group C's at LM Classic a few years back?).

So 86? winning cars in 90 races? Are all those winners still in existence? And can't all be runningSo hopefully 50 or so winners in a parade laps plus a few others?

But thinking about it surely Porsche will have most of its 17 winners in a display and hopefully Bentley too. Plus Toyota. Even if a few are tucked away in the village getting them out early Friday am is achieveable.

Ferrari not so sure as thought last Ferrari winner was languishing in a dusty corner of a US museum filled with Indy cars. (wouldn't hold out much hope for a Jaguar stand)

FoS had all Tom Christensen's winners lined up a few years back - so that must be a given.

If these are in separate displays at LM then you could get an even bigger parade than 60 cars?

Most of these presumably stay at Le Mans for LMC and Goodwood FoS back a couple of weeks this year and focusing on LM 100 so lots of groups of cars then coming over here after classic.

So is there a list of where all the winning cars are and which are running? Or has someone on here compiled one?
Old 31 Dec 2022, 12:42 (Ref:4138559)   #718
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Happy new year to the Le Mans thread members.
Old 31 Dec 2022, 14:54 (Ref:4138564)   #719
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Happy New Year Peter and to all of our Le Mans pals Tomorrow we say 'this year's race'.....
Old 2 Jan 2023, 17:50 (Ref:4138731)   #720
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy New Year to all of you!!
Old 2 Jan 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4138732)   #721
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep happy new year and see you all THIS YEAR
Old 4 Jan 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4138871)   #722
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
So finally we are ready to confirm that we are going in 2023.

Tickets sorted and group organized.
This year we will join Malcolm and his group, instead of just camping next to them.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Kenn
Old 4 Jan 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4138873)   #723
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's good news Kenn. I saw that you were looking hard for tickets elsewhere as well. Glad you're sorted.
Old 4 Jan 2023, 09:43 (Ref:4138875)   #724
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep glad you are sorted. see you in june Ken
Old 7 Jan 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4139185)   #725
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
So finally we are ready to confirm that we are going in 2023.

Tickets sorted and group organized.
This year we will join Malcolm and his group, instead of just camping next to them.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Kenn
"Sadly" I will not be joining this year.
The wife and I are expecting a little one on the 26th, which means I will follow the race at home, practicing the "the no sleep" mode, for the coming year of a newborn .
Plans are that I will be back again in 2024.

And those who have yet to have children, I will mind you, that you need to count more than 9 months ahead, because there is only 8,5months from the male involvement till the child arrives (lesson learned the hard way!)
Therefore, no funny business in September AND October!