Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Jan 2023, 11:35 (Ref:4141087)   #1001
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
It's not been announced yet has it? Or have I missed it?
Not yet announced. Team’s might well know though!
Old 24 Jan 2023, 11:39 (Ref:4141088)   #1002
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Not yet announced. Team’s might well know though!
Thanks, didn't think so and couldn't find anything online. I know it's not really a big (or public?) event anymore but I expected it to come up by now.
Old 24 Jan 2023, 11:39 (Ref:4141089)   #1003
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's not been announced yet has it? Or have I missed it?
Ha ha even the media day is a secret! Have we all missed it has the BTCC been cancelled ?
Old 24 Jan 2023, 12:17 (Ref:4141090)   #1004
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Wasn't Media Day was announced on the BTCC stand at the Autosport Show?

If they follow the pattern from previous years then it will probably be on Tues 11th or Weds 12th April.
Old 24 Jan 2023, 12:18 (Ref:4141091)   #1005
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
<duplicate>
Old 24 Jan 2023, 12:20 (Ref:4141092)   #1006
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to throw in a rumour for 2024.
I overheard a conversation at the Cosworth stand while waiting for a guest on the stage at Autosport with someone from the Jake Hill entourage saying that WSR have been told by Lord Gow to run a 2 Series FWD next year.
Old 24 Jan 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4141094)   #1007
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

If they follow the pattern from previous years then it will probably be on Tues 11th or Weds 12th April.
That's why nobody knows there was no BTCCstand
Old 24 Jan 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4141110)   #1008
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen Jelley announcement expected Wednesday 25th Jan 2023 at 9am. Just listened to him on BBC Radio Leicester. From what he had to say it sounded very much like he’d be at WSR again.
Old 24 Jan 2023, 21:23 (Ref:4141113)   #1009
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Stephen Jelley announcement expected Wednesday 25th Jan 2023 at 9am. Just listened to him on BBC Radio Leicester. From what he had to say it sounded very much like he’d be at WSR again.
Actually at 8am.
I don't think we're in for any surprises from this announcement.
Old 24 Jan 2023, 21:26 (Ref:4141114)   #1010
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I don't know why we need to wait. I have a few ideas of where people would end up, but we need more announcements
Old 25 Jan 2023, 07:59 (Ref:4141141)   #1011
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jelley confirmed at WSR - I am shooketh!!!
Old 25 Jan 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4141142)   #1012
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jelley confirmed at WSR - I am shooketh!!!
yeah, didn’t see that one coming!
Old 25 Jan 2023, 08:03 (Ref:4141143)   #1013
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The press releases so far from WSR have still to confirm the team name(s) or the fourth driver - so still a bit more to find out (probably at the Media Launch Day).

2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N Performance?????????
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkington?Confirmed car entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press release - MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023Inel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall AstraHandConfirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4141149)   #1014
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t think it was possible to finish as the lead WSR driver." No comment!

Very strong line-up at WSR as expected (well, we're assuming Turkington will still be there!)
Old 25 Jan 2023, 09:28 (Ref:4141150)   #1015
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Jelley's one I expect to be a dark horse this year. He's good enough. Him and Morgan will be a good team. We'll see what happens with Turkington
Old 25 Jan 2023, 13:49 (Ref:4141179)   #1016
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Jelley's one I expect to be a dark horse this year. He's good enough. Him and Morgan will be a good team. We'll see what happens with Turkington
Jelley is a solid driver, I don't see him as a championship contender but he's quite capable of picking up wins and podiums. The same applies to Morgan really. I'd expect Hill to beat both of them over the course of the season. The WSR lineup looks good and assuming they add Turkington in the final car then it's got to be the strongest lineup out there?
Old 26 Jan 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4141274)   #1017
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

It hasn't been announced but the teams are aware of the date and location
Old 26 Jan 2023, 15:27 (Ref:4141296)   #1018
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
It hasn't been announced but the teams are aware of the date and location
Jade Edwards on one of her live feeds from the Autosport International show mentioned Pembrey Circuit as the venue for this year's Media Day. Was she joking or is this really true!?!?!?!?!

Fits with this on Pembury's website perhaps?

"CIRCUIT BOOKED EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE HIRE
WEDNESDAY 12 APRIL 2023 - THURSDAY 13 APRIL 2023"

Last edited by Millvi; 26 Jan 2023 at 15:34.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 16:02 (Ref:4141302)   #1019
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Jade Edwards on one of her live feeds from the Autosport International show mentioned Pembrey Circuit as the venue for this year's Media Day. Was she joking or is this really true!?!?!?!?!

Fits with this on Pembury's website perhaps?

"CIRCUIT BOOKED EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE HIRE
WEDNESDAY 12 APRIL 2023 - THURSDAY 13 APRIL 2023"
Can't imagine the pit lane is big enough? Though I suppose if there's no need for a support paddock there's space for awnings.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4141303)   #1020
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Can't imagine the pit lane is big enough? Though I suppose if there's no need for a support paddock there's space for awnings.
My thoughts as well, but it's what she said. Perhaps someone in the know on here can shed any light on this....
Old 26 Jan 2023, 17:29 (Ref:4141318)   #1021
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My thoughts as well, but it's what she said. Perhaps someone in the know on here can shed any light on this....
It's not at Pembrey
Old 26 Jan 2023, 17:34 (Ref:4141319)   #1022
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
It's not at Pembrey
Cadwell?
Old 26 Jan 2023, 17:41 (Ref:4141320)   #1023
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Cadwell?
Istanbul Park
Old 26 Jan 2023, 19:09 (Ref:4141326)   #1024
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Cadwell?
Alongside the announcement that Cadwell is going to hold the BTCC version of the Bathurst 1000?

Someone did mention 2 driver races a few pages back
Old 26 Jan 2023, 19:11 (Ref:4141327)   #1025
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
It's not at Pembrey
Well I hope somebody tells Jade Edwards then, otherwise she'll be having a very quiet media day!