Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jan 2023, 23:28 (Ref:4141350)   #1226
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How can any ford team be ready to test when nothing has been signed of yet. So why would there be parts available if there could be changes needed and sign off has been completed??

Obviously the Camero has been signed of but how can one team be ready to test and the others aren't even close. there is always going to be conspiracies sarounding one team in T8, but siriously Supercars have a lot to answer for in this whole process.

NASCAR were able to produce enough parts for each team and that is more than double what supercars have. They are very much behind the times down here, and its on show to the world of how incappable they really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattracer View Post
Who could possibly be surprised that the only team able to put a car on the deck is 888? That already gives them an advantage over others as they are one whole test day down the road before the other major teams plus a large percentage of proprietary knowledge in the design and manufacturing plus having Goddard in the team with his knowledge of the prototype.
i disagree with this as every drive has been able to test this car on more than one occasion.
Old 26 Jan 2023, 23:55 (Ref:4141352)   #1227
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another day, another story filled with unattributed text
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Jan 2023, 23:58 (Ref:4141354)   #1228
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Revised shakedown date: Friday 10th March, 2022.
If the teams don’t make the session, $150,000 fines agogo…
Old 27 Jan 2023, 01:12 (Ref:4141356)   #1229
kittle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Revised shakedown date: Friday 10th March, 2022.
If the teams don’t make the session, $150,000 fines agogo…
Is the fine still applicable if they haven't been supplied with parts??
Old 27 Jan 2023, 04:47 (Ref:4141362)   #1230
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this gem from Ryan Walkinshaw -

"It would be nice to think we could turn the key and start her up soon, though we are still waiting on an ECU and the fuel specification and supplier."
Old 27 Jan 2023, 09:23 (Ref:4141376)   #1231
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Is the fine still applicable if they haven't been supplied with parts??
Unloading the car and pushing it on to pit lane should suffice.
Old 27 Jan 2023, 17:32 (Ref:4141440)   #1232
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Concerning! How did they get parts when DJR did not?

Seems suspicious! Surely the last thing the category needs is for 888 to have more data than others.

Surely more of the Gen 3 car design process should have been allocated to an independent third party like Garry Rogers Motorsport, not a rival competitor like 888 too...

...if GRM had included flaws like the ol' GRM steering rack vibration problem that the likes of McLaughlin learned to ignore, all the better!

According to Jeremy Moore, himself and two others at 888 were involved in a designing a large proportion of the Gen 3 car. The steering rack for example is supposedly a 888 design according to Brad Jones.
Do 888 and DJR not already have a ton of data from running/building the prototypes?

Always striked me as odd that you would have the 2 biggest teams involved with the prototypes while trying to achieve more "parity" across the field with the new car. Surprised that it hasn't been discussed more in the public domain.

Of course i might be barking up the wrong tree.
Old 28 Jan 2023, 01:32 (Ref:4141486)   #1233
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The test of Gen 3, what a debacle.

Sounds like a Race Against Time. !
Old 31 Jan 2023, 21:55 (Ref:4142339)   #1234
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Is the BRT Winton shakedown on today?

Here’s hoping it is, and the team shows off what can be done to solve a problem if you have the right people attacking it.

Also hoping it makes the news, and gives the Cooldrive brand some well earned sugar.

Time to see Mr Hazelwood go out amd set a track record!
Old 31 Jan 2023, 22:52 (Ref:4142341)   #1235
kittle
Veteran

Quote:
Is the BRT Winton shakedown on today?

Here’s hoping it is, and the team shows off what can be done to solve a problem if you have the right people attacking it.

Also hoping it makes the news, and gives the Cooldrive brand some well earned sugar.

Time to see Mr Hazelwood go out amd set a track record!
Yes according to Todd's insta they are headed to Winton...
Old 31 Jan 2023, 23:06 (Ref:4142342)   #1236
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I would be surprised if they weren't there, they've pretty much committed.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 23:31 (Ref:4142351)   #1237
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
Yes according to Todd's insta they are headed to Winton...
Old 31 Jan 2023, 23:37 (Ref:4142352)   #1238
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A perfect marketing opportunity..
And shows off a small committed team oblivious to the games in the background with teams, motor manufacturers and parts suppliers.

Hope the livery is fully refreshed also..
Old 1 Feb 2023, 04:38 (Ref:4142363)   #1239
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
COOOOOL Pix.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 05:45 (Ref:4142364)   #1240
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
COOOOOL Pix.
A design made with pride by Mr Hughes, the former Holden motor car designer..
Old 1 Feb 2023, 05:53 (Ref:4142365)   #1241
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what is the removable panel on the roof above the driver, part of the hitherto secret ejector seat?
Old 1 Feb 2023, 12:42 (Ref:4142384)   #1242
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
A design made with pride by Mr Hughes, the former Holden motor car designer..
Peter is an absolute legend.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4142421)   #1243
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
So what is the removable panel on the roof above the driver, part of the hitherto secret ejector seat?
Looks like an extrication panel for Rescue to get the driver out. Porsche GTs have had them for a while.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 17:34 (Ref:4142427)   #1244
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks good, however that's no surprise with the replacement of the rear wing..
Old 4 Feb 2023, 07:27 (Ref:4142580)   #1245
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Rushbrook, Director of Ford Performance:
Quote:
I think the industry, the media certainly has sensed or heard bits that, as a manufacturer and aligned completely with all of our racing teams, that we are not satisfied that parity has been reached either for engine or aero.

That goes back to some of the VCAT testing that was done, and when we left there not satisfied that parity had been achieved.

And also, more recently, with some of the testing, comparative testing that was done on track that the acceleration of the cars down the straightaway is not equivalent.
- 4th February 2023
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/02/04...en3-supercars/

Supercars have presided over quite the farce, when a global professional high-level motor company racing division are unhappy with their practices.

Why not give Ford Performance what they want, given they are the only manufacturer in the series, then bring up the other car until it is close or just below (and not vice versa)?

Does the 888 Chevrolet Racing faction have undue and unreasonable political power?!
Old 4 Feb 2023, 08:41 (Ref:4142590)   #1246
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wonder when 888 plans to switch back to Ford…
Old 4 Feb 2023, 08:59 (Ref:4142594)   #1247
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Mark Rushbrook, Director of Ford Performance:

- 4th February 2023
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/02/04...en3-supercars/

Supercars have presided over quite the farce, when a global professional high-level motor company racing division are unhappy with their practices.

Why not give Ford Performance what they want, given they are the only manufacturer in the series, then bring up the other car until it is close or just below (and not vice versa)?

Does the 888 Chevrolet Racing faction have undue and unreasonable political power?!
Good to see someone from Ford speaking up for a change, there is definitely anti Ford sentiment within supercars.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 21:36 (Ref:4142718)   #1248
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Nice selective use of quotes from the article there. Just read the article and Mark Rushbrook goes on to say:
Quote:
“So, certainly are some concerns there, but we’re working together in a very transparent, collaborative way, just like we do in all other racing series around the world with the series and with Triple Eight as a competitor, as the lead [Chevrolet] homologation team, to find solutions for that.
“We were in a very similar situation in NASCAR about two months before we went racing with the NextGen cars a little over a year ago, and the industry came together in a very collaborative way where Chevy and Toyota and Ford and NASCAR and all of the racing teams rolled up our sleeves, and we shared data, and we looked at it objectively as engineers, and we found solutions and made changes to the cars.
“Less than two months later, we had a start of fantastic season and introduction of that new car and great racing through the full series.
“We approach it that same way in every racing series that we go to, and it’s no different here.
“So, while there are challenges, certainly challenges in front of us, we believe the series understands the urgency that’s required, Newcastle’s not too far away, and that we’re looking forward to a solution to be able to race with parity across both brands.”
Paints a very different picture is you actually look at the full amount of what he said, rather than just quoting part of it out of context.

For sure, the Gen3 process looks like it is coming right down to the wire and also there are issues with parts supply from what I hear and it'll be tight time-wise and spares-wise to begin with (not that unusual for new race machines to be honest).

We'll only know if it has worked (or not) once the cars are on track actually competing against each other.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4142727)   #1249
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Nice selective use of quotes from the article there. Just read the article and Mark Rushbrook goes on to say:
He got his point across. He wouldn't be going to the press 4 weeks out from racing, if Ford Performance's concerns weren't falling on deaf ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
We'll only know if it has worked (or not) once the cars are on track actually competing against each other.
There has to be a motivation from Supercars to make sure Ford Performance are happy and not just ignored.

Rushbrook shouldn't have to politic this hard for a domestic touring car championship where Ford are the only involved manufacturer. It's silly, right? Ford should be the VIPs with a red carpet, no? They are the only manufacturer in the series after all...
Old 4 Feb 2023, 22:46 (Ref:4142730)   #1250
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
He got his point across. He wouldn't be going to the press 4 weeks out from racing, if Ford Performance's concerns weren't falling on deaf ears...
....except where he says that it's not unusual and that they're working through it in a transparent and collaborative way. Media have been asking so there was a call and he spoke to them.

Quote:
Rushbrook shouldn't have to politic this hard for a domestic touring car championship where Ford are the only involved manufacturer. It's silly, right? Ford should be the VIPs with a red carpet, no? They are the only manufacturer in the series after all...
I expect that both brands being represented are being treated with equal respect, otherwise the risk of a lop-sided series is high. Being the only OEM active in any series shouldn't bring preferential treatment, no need for red carpet (or in Ford's case, blue) - just professional recognition and balance needed.